Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tweeted by Ford.

Lightning Blue Bronco First Edition.png
So stoked for you FE buyers, the Lightning Blue is gorgeous and the Navy Pier is sweet.

Not that I was lucky enough, nor am I willing to pay above MSRP, but I would buy an FE with that color for sure. I dig it.
Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Damn you guys never fail to amaze me with your complaining. FYI, this is the only blue the FE guys have now. Those of us without FE reservations will only have to choose between velocity and AMB. LB is not an option for us, it is an exclusive color for FE (good for them!).

Ford did not add a third blue to the normal Bronco lineup, they added blue to the FE lineup which previously did not have blue. Reading comprehension skills are seriously lacking here.
Counting is difficult too. 3 blues for non-FE and 1 blue for FE.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Love lightning blue. Not getting an FE just to get it. I bet it comes as a regular available color next MY.

LB really pops. This was my former F-150.
Ford Bronco Lightning Blue Announced Exclusively For Bronco First Edition! CarShow1
Ford has actually been transitioning away from Lightning Blue to Velocity Blue across the lineup, including Ranger for 2021. I'm very surprised by this move, and assumed the frames we saw in the pictures posted were more to test the paint equipment than actual colors (since Lightning Blue was already at the plant because of Ranger, it made sense they just used it for testing). I guess since it's only 7,000 units, a fraction of which will be LB, they figured they could do it.

I 100% doubt it'll become a color after that.

Sponsored

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, I was going to say congrats on the new EXCLUSIVE paint color for the FE place holders, but after going through the posts, not feeling that's appropriate now. Can't please everyone I guess...

I think it's a cool color FWIW.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford has actually been transitioning away from Lightning Blue to Velocity Blue across the lineup, including Ranger for 2021. I'm very surprised by this move, and assumed the frames we saw in the pictures posted were more to test the paint equipment than actual colors (since Lightning Blue was already at the plant because of Ranger, it made sense they just used it for testing). I guess since it's only 7,000 units, a fraction of which will be LB, they figured they could do it.

I 100% doubt it'll become a color after that.
It wouldn't surprise me if Ford starts going away from velocity blue. It just seems like such a trendy color whose popularity will soon fade. Lightning blue will stand the test of time much better.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Funkdoobiest

First Edition