Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The wives...
"Wives" in the plural, yes. And they'd prefer a 4-door. I'm personally drawn to the proportions of the 2-door. But I get where they're coming from. The 4-door is also more likely to get top nod when it comes to developing a reinforcement for the top like the Backbone from Rhino. So, that may allow me to skip getting a 4'x6' trailer to mount an RTT to as is my plan if I stay 2-door. So we'll see how it plays out.

Ford Bronco Rethinking the 2-Door FB_IMG_1513605898720
Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve always had 4 door vehicles be it SUVs or trucks, I’m an empty nester and it’s just me and the better half, we are minimalist campers, if we don’t need the shit it doesn’t go, we camp, we hike, we mountain bike, the stuff we need will fit in back or on a roof rack, so 2 doors is in my future
Not knocking the 4 door but the 2 door reminds me of what I have loved about the bronco from when I was a kid...
The 4 door for me is not quintessential bronco...looks cool but not for me

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the same conversation I have had with my wife all summer. We have no kids and she is stuck on a 4 door. For me I am more about the vehicle size than the number of doors. My first truck was an FJ40, 90" wb, my next a Land Rover Discovery, 100" wb. The Rover and the 2 door Bronco are basically the same size. I don't need more doors.

As far as overlanding goes, you need to get out there. Then you base your upgrades on experience and need not the pursuit of the next widget.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've posted these specs in a couple of different threads already, but it's pretty relevant for those on the fence between the two and four door. The Jeep LJ (TJ Unlimited) has pretty similar dimensions to the two door Bronco. For those who don't know, the LJ is the precursor to the four door wranglers and is essentially a TJ with a long wheelbase, so it still has two doors.

The only dimension that is significantly different is the width, but that's to be expected because the LJ's are all about 15 years old and Wranglers have only gotten wider since.

I haven't seen the Bronco myself, but I think some people will be surprised with the size of the two door. If you're on the fence, see if you can find an LJ to look at for reference.

Bronco Dimensions:

Ford Bronco Rethinking the 2-Door 1600917503783

Jeep LJ Dimensions:

Ford Bronco Rethinking the 2-Door 1600917536105

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm going 2 door and using its limited space as an excuse to build an off road trailer. Problem solved. The kids can climb.

Sponsored

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Probably 11 of the 12 people ive discussed the bronco with in person think the 4 door looks better.
Im undecided. Like them both. I think non-purists will like the look of the 4 door more tho.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will be going with the 2-Door and yet I have a family of four like many here. Both of my kids are under 1yr old in rear facing car seats and I drop them off at G'ma's every morning on my way to work. Will I be complaining that I will have to climb in the back every morning to "click" in the kid's car seats? Yes, probably. Will that frown turn upside down when I put the vehicle into drive and exit my driveway with my kids in the back? Hell yeah! When they are old enough to walk and climb, they will be using the rear tires as steps to get in when the top is off just like I did when I was a kid with my Dad. You don't have to stop living just because you have kids. Will my back pay for it in the long run? Probably, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Life is just too short to not enjoy the small and sometimes annoying things.
I like your intrepid attitude! My girls turn 3 and 5 this fall, so I've been dealing with baby seats for five years with another three to go. You're a better man than I because there is NO WAY IN HELL, I could deal with loading and unloading the kids in a 2-door. Trying not to wake a sleeping child while removing her from the backseat through the front door is an exercise in pain and frustration I simply cannot bare. 4-door for sure for me. I had two 2-door Wranglers and two 4-door Wranglers all while single w/o children and realized even then how inconvenient a 2-door can be.

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Looks like OP reserved a FE and is asking to change with that.... isn't that a moot point? I think he would have to drop the FE if he wanted to change the doors.

DHC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The wives are pushing me towards a 4-door as well for having the extra room on camping trips. It'll be my daily so I could get away with a 2-door 95+% of the time.
“wives”?

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Why not both? There are 3 of us in my fam, I get the 2Dr, I drop my son off every day right now in a 2dr bronco, and the wife wants the 4dr to replace the 4runner.
I just dropped my son off in the RHD Pajero and his teachers were like hellz yeah and all the snotty parents in their Teslas and GLAs were trying to avoid eye-contact. Win-win :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks like OP reserved a FE and is asking to change with that.... isn't that a moot point? I think he would have to drop the FE if he wanted to change the doors.
You can get an FE in either 2 door or 4 door

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 door or bust!

It's just my wife and I. No kids or dogs. The back seats are coming out and put on a shelf when I take delivery. If people come visit I'll probably throw them in but otherwise there will be plenty of room as a two seater for all of our gear.