First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-350 Platinum, '16 Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Oh, that's weird. Seems like it's a mistake, but I guess we won't know until B&P is out
The OB comes with CG top but black painted grille. Hopefully they mixed that up and the grille matches the top on both
Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I started with Outer Banks, then decided Wildtrak, now leaning towards Badlands. I'm expecting that I can spec out pretty much any of these to be the same, minus the SBD and interior options. OB and WT are all carpeted, that's what's really making me lean toward Badlands. Other than a little sound deadening, I don't see a need for carpet. And yes, this will be a daily driver for me. I would be extremely surprised if there's an easy way to pull out carpet and get it dry if it gets wet. I'm planning on tops off as much as possible, so i'm planning on it getting wet.

Badlands has all GOAT modes OB and WT has except Sport, right? Pretty sure it could be running sand dunes just as well as WT. And easier to get sand out later....

And at the risk of starting something here, I wouldn't expect B&P to be anytime soon. Heard we might get some more information updated on reservations pages, but B&P would be released a lot closer to order time.
I think a lot of us are in this same scenario. I want the WT because of all it comes standard with vs. building it up and paying the same or more for a lower trim. But again, I want easy care floors and all for the same reasons you mentioned, so I am not totally star-struck with the WT.
Once that B&P drops I think all of us in this same situation will finally be able to finalize what we want, how we want.
It may end up that some of us end up going BL simply due to the flooring and seating options.
IF money ends up being illogical for what we get vs. the trim we are ok with, we may have to drop Squatch or some other "want" in lieu of the flooring.
Or just go all -in and build up that BL with all the WT brings and enjoy our ride at a premium cost.
Who knows, really?
Just waitin' on that B&P so I can ease my dilemma here in the OB-BL-WT-possible BD conundrum.

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think a lot of us are in this same scenario. I want the WT because of all it comes standard with vs. building it up and paying the same or more for a lower trim. But again, I want easy care floors and all for the same reasons you mentioned, so I am not totally star-struck with the WT.
Once that B&P drops I think all of us in this same situation will finally be able to finalize what we want, how we want.
It may end up that some of us end up going BL simply due to the flooring and seating options.
IF money ends up being illogical for what we get vs. the trim we are ok with, we may have to drop Squatch or some other "want" in lieu of the flooring.
Or just go all -in and build up that BL with all the WT brings and enjoy our ride at a premium cost.
Who knows, really?
Just waitin' on that B&P so I can ease my dilemma here in the OB-BL-WT-possible BD conundrum.
It’s true and if BL just a couple of thousand more built up and you get the bumpers, floor etc then WT stops making any sense

Anthraces

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Japanese car/SUV unfortunately
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco Badlands is equivalent to the Wrangler Rubicon and the Bronco Wildtrak is equivalent to the Wrangler Mojave. The Rubicon is the better seller and Ford obviously sees this. So that’s why they’re focusing more on their rock crawling trim opposed to the Baja trim.
wildtrak is no Mojave. That has upgrades shocks and reinforced frame to handle high speed off roading. Wildtrak to my knowledge has nothing but options made standard. It would be nice if wildtrak had something unique...appearance package, interior trim, etc, along with the Mojave type upgrades. If it had that, I would consider it...otherwise I am disappointed and will be changing my reservation from wildtrak to Badlands.

Anthraces

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What’s the price difference? And does that account for the all the armor, sway bar disconnect and unique washout interior? I’m thinking it’s cheaper to get the BL squatch with mid pkg than it is to buy the Wildtrak and option/aftermarket the rest. Can’t even get a steel rear bumper from the factory.

I guess I just want the Wildtrak to be more than a name, a price tag, sport mode, and stickers.

I may keep saving and wait on the Raptor.
I totally agree...I want there to be something different other than a sport drive mode. I reserved the WT thinking it was taking on Jeep’s Mojave, with better suspension and reinforced frame, etc, necessary for real off road speed. Unfortunately it has none of that.

I priced out the BL and WT fully loaded, and the BL was 1-2k more, however, it has the disconnect, rock climbing mode, rear steal bumper, upgraded armor, rock rails and vinyl and washout floors, so to me worth the extra. I will be switching to the BL

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
wildtrak is no Mojave. That has upgrades shocks and reinforced frame to handle high speed off roading. Wildtrak to my knowledge has nothing but options made standard. It would be nice if wildtrak had something unique...appearance package, interior trim, etc, along with the Mojave type upgrades. If it had that, I would consider it...otherwise I am disappointed and will be changing my reservation from wildtrak to Badlands.
The WildTrak has the Squatch as standard equipment so it does have the lift , the shocks , the lockers , the skid plates etc

Anthraces

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The WildTrak has the Squatch as standard equipment so it does have the lift , the shocks , the lockers , the skid plates etc
has the same shocks as badlands, yes, (options made standard) but not to the level Mojave has...2.5 inch Fox shocks vs rubicon’s 2 inch. Also, WT only has “Heavy Duty Steel Bash Plates” as an option, meaning they aren’t included in with squatch. It has lower end plates standard or none at all.
Ford Bronco Wildtrak - Isn't it Odd AD820754-BA84-4451-AAA9-C21DC9103034

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I totally agree...I want there to be something different other than a sport drive mode. I reserved the WT thinking it was taking on Jeep’s Mojave, with better suspension and reinforced frame, etc, necessary for real off road speed. Unfortunately it has none of that.

I priced out the BL and WT fully loaded, and the BL was 1-2k more, however, it has the disconnect, rock climbing mode, rear steal bumper, upgraded armor, rock rails and vinyl and washout floors, so to me worth the extra. I will be switching to the BL
Same boat... we will know for sure when the B&P comes out. I'm really surprised there isn't anything unique (GOAT mode really doesn't count)

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

WT is my backup plan incase the FE interior isn’t changed!

I’ve been playing with the idea that the Braptorhog is a add on package Like the Sasquatch?!

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most people that buy badlands are just like most Rubicon buyers. They just want the status of being the best model.
Seems you have Badlands buyers and Wildtrak buyers twisted. Badlands is the practical choice, while Wildtrak buyers are just OBX buyers that want more attention.

Sponsored

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think Ford just might be trying to stack the option for the Bronco. I don't think the Wildtrak will be replaced by the Raptor or Warthog. I wouldn't be complaining if Ford builds out the line up from here. The Wildtrak might of been Ford being proactive and seeing what Jeep would be adding to the Wrangler. With Jeep adding the Mojave trim to the Gladiator it's rumored to show up soon for the Wrangler

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems you have Badlands buyers and Wildtrak buyers twisted. Badlands is the practical choice, while Wildtrak buyers are just OBX buyers that want more attention.
Whatever you have to tell yourself.

bwtl

Outer Banks
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What I hoping my Wildtrak will look like
I am planning to get the optional HD Modular Steel Bumper and the Leather Seats
I will add the Westin HDX Xtreme Nerf Step Bars
I may swap the Goodyear MT tires over to Falken Wildpeak A/T 3W 315/70R17 (35”) tires.

Ford Bronco Wildtrak - Isn't it Odd AD820754-BA84-4451-AAA9-C21DC9103034
Looks like something out of Halo

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whatever you have to tell yourself.
I’ll not judge anyone that wants to pay more just to get others to look at them though. ??‍♂

Last edited by a moderator:

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll not judge anyone that wants to pay more just to get others to look at them though. ??‍♂
Ford has marketed the Badlands as equivelant to the Rubicon. Most Rubicon's never see trails that used it's features and the Badlands will be the same way. People buy Rubicon's just to be seen driving a Rubicon.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator: