Sponsored

If you're Ford, which trim do you tool your line for 1st?

If you're Ford, which trim do you tool your line for 1st?

• Total voters

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just curious what people think. Automated assembly lines are complex to re-tool for different options. If you were Ford and - all other things being equal - you were starting up your 1st production run, which trim would you push FIRST?

For my part, I think Badlands. Primarily for selfish reasons.... But also because I think it will easily be the biggest seller and getting brand awareness/demand early will be critical to establishing it against the Rubicon.
Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most likely 1st Editions... make sense to get the limited vehicles out 1st

selfishly I’d prefer BD though

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know why it wouldn't be the first edition. It has a combination of options from all of the high level trims and when they bumped over to something else, they would just exclude part of the process.

Also, it's called FIRST EDITION for a reason, right?

Sponsored

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just curious what people think. Automated assembly lines are complex to re-tool for different options. If you were Ford and - all other things being equal - you were starting up your 1st production run, which trim would you push FIRST?

For my part, I think Badlands. Primarily for selfish reasons.... But also because I think it will easily be the biggest seller and getting brand awareness/demand early will be critical to establishing it against the Rubicon.
As much as I agree on the Badlands for selfish reason myself, I don't think it will be the biggest seller.. Now I think they would be tooling for knocking out as many as possible, so maybe set up for FE and hit all the other models that are similar.. But If not I am sure the FE will be first

Sponsored
OP
OP
perfectburrito

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They're all made on the same line, nothing needs to be re-tooled for options...
I'm not an expert by any means, but I'm familiar enough with automation to know that variation is the enemy. Different engines, suspensions, transmissions, electronics offered at each level has to affect throughput if you're constantly resetting your stations.

Maybe someone knows more and can educate me though.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Base model Ecoboost Mustangs and the Shelby GT500 are made on the same line at the same time, they don't shut down to switch models.
pretty much all of them under same model. you can see all variants of a F150 being produced including Raptors mixed in at the Rouge plant. The only variation is there are some post assembly line changes that occur on some specialty lines.

Deleted member 3063

It takes more workers to assemble more complex content.
Based on personal experience, they build a mix to even out the work load.
I voted base though they could opt to do FE at a snails pace. :eek:

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

All models are made on the same line. No tooling needed. One model can’t be made at a time due to supplier pipeline of parts. Production needs to have a balance.

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every work station is continually loaded to match the scheduled production orders, it's logistical magic at it's finest. Raptors, Limiteds and 2WD XLs are all made in a continuous stream.

Sponsored