First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Focus, '08 E350, '13 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For all those that don't like the way these two Broncos look, please go ahead and cancel your reservations so I can move up the list. Thanks in advance. :)
Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if the painted top is made out of a different material or if it’s the same. If it’s the same material it would probably be cheaper to paint it yourself or take it to a shop.
I believe it is different, but I don't know that I have seen anything confirming this. We will just have to wait and see.

PKE956

Wildtrak
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think real sunlight will make a difference.
I'm guessing that the the grey roof will go better with some paint colors than others. With all the chatter about paint color, I've changed my mind about a half dozen times! I'm hoping not to have to pay a premium for a painted roof. It makes the whole color choice issue even harder!

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
the top looks like shit.
remember....sooner or later reservations will be filled and these awful grey tops will be baking on dealer lots waiting for some buyer to fall in love. If the reaction on this thread is representative, they might sit on those dealer lots quite awhile

sbledsoe

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was getting the painted top anyway. But like most here, I don't like the grey either.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco First 2 finished pre-production 2021 Broncos - in Oxford White and Iconic Silver 1600968435601

All I can see is that gray top. ?

JaxDiego

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Grey or black. Pick one ford. It looks bad not matching. Wasn't there an option before for body colored modular top? I only see shadow black listed now.

Pharm351

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm not getting the hate in this thread on the base bronco. Looks just like the BD except wheel color. Grill looks fine, just need to paint/sticker the emblem white/chrome/whatever to make it pop. I actually like the simpler look of the base lights over the fancy ones. Wheels look fine, although I'd prefer a different color you can paint them no problem. I don't care for the bumper or grey top, but they're not horrible, certainly on par with an equivalently priced Jeep, just not as good as the black top/modular bumper.
I‘m with you on the grille. I think it looks similar to an early bronco, but needs some highlight on the lettering to make it pop.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That’s very true. There IS value to the modular hardtop, mostly what you mentioned, plus the sound deadning and insulation. I think for a base budget buy, it’s worth the consideration. But once you’re up in a 4 door badlands adding Sasquatch and lux, I don’t think a $2K upgrading will be a determining factor.
I haven't heard if the modular top has more insulation and sound deadening or not. If it does, i may have to rethink my plans to just get the MIC top.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sorry but with the top not matching the fenders or even the door handles that are right there it looks silly. Either make the fenders/handles to match the top or the top to match the fenders. Jeep can do it, so can Ford. But this is also why we're going with a painted modular hardtop.

Lagrange 6g

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just figured out why I don't like the roofs on these Broncos. Those gray roofs look like they are supposed to be black but are sun faded. I like gray as a color in general and I am leaning heavily towards cactus gray as my choice but I don't like sun faded anything on a car/truck. Those gray roofs look like they are 15 years old sitting out in the driveway uncovered. I need more pictures to get over this.

I can't wait to get this truck.
I think it’s the lighting. The first pic looks way darker than the others.

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hopefully there will be an option to have a black top with no additional cost. After all, Bronco Sport Badlands has an option in B&P for a grey roof at no additional charge...so fingers crossed...

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those hating on Line-X... I found these photos on one of the Jeep forums. It looks almost identical to the factory black hard top on my Jeep except it won't chip and turn white. The guy that posted them said it increased weight by about 20 pounds total and that was with spraying the inside as well on the four door.

Best thing about this is that you don't have to do it. It's just an option for those that like the durability of MIC, but hate the gray. There are more photos here.

Ford Bronco First 2 finished pre-production 2021 Broncos - in Oxford White and Iconic Silver 1600969320888
Ford Bronco First 2 finished pre-production 2021 Broncos - in Oxford White and Iconic Silver 1600969482272

Ford Bronco First 2 finished pre-production 2021 Broncos - in Oxford White and Iconic Silver 1600969352840
Ford Bronco First 2 finished pre-production 2021 Broncos - in Oxford White and Iconic Silver 1600969380950

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't mind the grey top now that i see it on a white truck, but why is it the base standard color anyway? Shouldn't Ford make the Black Top the standard and any other color an option? I think it's ridiculous to squeeze $1900 out of people just for a color option, cuz you KNOW that's what they are doing right?
Sponsored