Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I posted this on another thread because people seem to be getting or are perceiving others to have some sort of status symbol complex based on their desired trim levels, and seriously guys it needs to stop. People come on here and give people flak for wanting a certain trim, option, etc. Get what you want and option it out for what you want to do with it. I don't care what you get, as long as you get a Bronco. We are supposed to be a family of like-minded enthusiasts who adore the Bronco for what it is. Personally, I would never take a brand-new $50k-$60k vehicle to the Rubicon Trail to get all torn up. That just doesn't make financial sense for me. For the people with the disposable income that are able to do those things, that's awesome and more power to you. But, common sense tells me that maybe .5% of Bronco buyers will have their brand-new vehicles on the tough trails in the first year. The Bronco itself is a lifestyle and status symbol even without accounting for what trim you all get. The Bronco says we're the ones that grab life by the balls and hump it into submission. So y'all shut up and love your ball-bustin', life bangin' Bronco riders.
tenor.gif
Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess it’s different for everyone but I don’t see the point in buying a off-road vehicle and not off-roading it. Granted I see Wranglers with perfect paint and 20” rims all day so that’s not a common sentiment.

I had my H2 going through trails, trudging through deep mud and forwarding 48+ inches of water within a couple months of buying it. It has scratches all down the paint and I love it that way.

I personally don’t care what you do with it, the more pristine off-road vehicles today the more trucks I can rip parts off of in 20 years from the junkyard. But you will never lose that stigma from others that you bought it for a status symbol unless your driving around caked in mud or decked out with USEFUL gear (not the typical look at me jazz on perfectly waxed trucks).

see update pg4

Last edited:

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I posted this on another thread because people seem to be getting or are perceiving others to have some sort of status symbol complex based on their desired trim levels, and seriously guys it needs to stop. People come on here and give people flak for wanting a certain trim, option, etc. Get what you want and option it out for what you want to do with it. I don't care what you get, as long as you get a Bronco. We are supposed to be a family of like-minded enthusiasts who adore the Bronco for what it is. Personally, I would never take a brand-new $50k-$60k vehicle to the Rubicon Trail to get all torn up. That just doesn't make financial sense for me. For the people with the disposable income that are able to do those things, that's awesome and more power to you. But, common sense tells me that maybe .5% of Bronco buyers will have their brand-new vehicles on the tough trails in the first year. The Bronco itself is a lifestyle and status symbol even without accounting for what trim you all get. The Bronco says we're the ones that grab life by the balls and hump it into submission. So y'all shut up and love your ball-bustin', life bangin' Bronco riders.
Ford Bronco Status Symbol Complex tenor
Bingo!

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok.... I guess I'll hang out with people that get the base. They have to buy the first round though.

Sponsored

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess it’s different for everyone but I don’t see the point in buying a off-road vehicle and not off-roading it. Granted I see Wranglers with perfect paint and 20” rims all day so that’s not a common sentiment.

I had my H2 going through trails, trudging through deep mud and forwarding 48+ inches of water within a couple months of buying it. It has scratches all down the paint and I love it that way.

I personally don’t care what you do with it, the more pristine off-road vehicles today the more trucks I can rip parts off of in 20 years from the junkyard. But you will never lose that stigma from others that you bought it for a status symbol unless your driving around caked in mud or decked out with USEFUL gear (not the typical look at me jazz on perfectly waxed trucks).

Ford Bronco Status Symbol Complex 1600975706234

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Totally agree. Get what you want. But if you get an outer banks, don't expect me to wave back. ?
Just like I don't wave at scooters when I'm on the motorcycle...lol

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I guess it’s different for everyone but I don’t see the point in buying a off-road vehicle and not off-roading it.

Um, I don't mean to be a dick, but I'm buying a Bronco which does both, on and off-road.... and admittedly mine may never see the 'true' off-road experience, but I'm good with that.

Maybe you confuse it with a side by side? Or quad? Which are off-road vehicles

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We're talking about the First Edition people who think they're too good for blue seats, right?
Yeah well Ford tells me I'm too good to own a Base... The (hang on let me do this right, before I get Doug'd) TURTLES are making me move up to Big Bend just to get Race Red... So see ya LOSERS!! ? Sorry, I couldn't resist, I'm still a Base man at heart!

Sponsored

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This was based on some bashing of peeps who plan on getting the Wildtrak.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This was based on some bashing of peeps who plan on getting the Wildtrak.
Seriously? The Wildtrak is outta my budget, but I'm a tad jealous of those who are buying it. More power to ya.

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I guess it’s different for everyone but I don’t see the point in buying a off-road vehicle and not off-roading it........
.....But you will never lose that stigma from others that you bought it for a status symbol unless your driving around caked in mud or decked out with USEFUL gear (not the typical look at me jazz on perfectly waxed trucks).
Not everyone lives in an area that has relatively mild winters like yours in North Carolina...
Deep snowy wintery roads in rural Northern areas is just one other example of why one might buy a 4x4 SUV such as the new Bronco...does that also constitute a Status Symbol Purchase in your eyes.... it doesnt in mine.
Different strokes for different folks is what makes the world go round...

Last edited:

Cased

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
For instance my driveway ( gravel hill ) requires 4wd after a good rain and forget about all those super cool cars many of you have.....you would go nope not a chance
The wild track will get cheaper after B&P comes out