Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1600960752145.png

I don't like the difference between the colors of the gray MIC top and the plastic for the door handles and fender flares, and the bumper. Shadow black hardtop looks like it might have the win for me.
Yeah, I see what you mean in this view. When they show pics of just the top it looks fine to me, but IMO everything should match (top, handles fender flares, bumpers, mirrors, wipers). Either all dark gray or all black. But that's just a preference. I'm not bothered by it enough by the mismatch to spend any additional to get a black top which might be off most of the summer anyway.
Sponsored

Reactions: RLW

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
For those hating on the gray top and who think it will fade further, since you probably don't have anything by Solution Finish, they now have a gray plastic restorer.

Having used a few bottles of their black trim restorer over the years, I would not be worried about the gray top on Bronco (if we're stuck with it)

Solution Finish Gray plastic trim restorer
Ford Bronco First 2 finished pre-production 2021 Broncos - in Oxford White and Iconic Silver 61G9YQDBAzL._AC_SX425_[1]

Full disclosure: I don't like the gray top either.

KosmicKid

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX '14 Jaguar XFR-S 18 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just figured out why I don't like the roofs on these Broncos. Those gray roofs look like they are supposed to be black but are sun faded. I like gray as a color in general and I am leaning heavily towards cactus gray as my choice but I don't like sun faded anything on a car/truck. Those gray roofs look like they are 15 years old sitting out in the driveway uncovered. I need more pictures to get over this.
Look at it like prewashed jeans...already faded.. :D

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

BearWithMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
We can't know right now! The replacement for Magnetic is Carbonized Gray Metallic ("CGM", for those constantly upset that "CG" means Cactus Gray). So there are no 2020 production vehicles in CGM for which to compare side by side.

Lightning Blue and Velocity Blue can be seen side-by-side because they were both in production during the same model year and that there has been a year of production for VB

Magnetic is a nice color, a buddy has it on his '15 Mustang GT. From what i've seen of CGM, CGM will be lighter and with smaller flake in it, more of a "liquid silver" than a dark gray metallic that Magnetic is. Please note that having seen Magnetic in person, I feel the back half of the Ranger in the pic below is more indicative to the actual color.

Ford Bronco First 2 finished pre-production 2021 Broncos - in Oxford White and Iconic Silver 61G9YQDBAzL._AC_SX425_[1]

Thanks for the info! I wonder how the Ford color sheets compare. CGM looks much warmer than the bluish MG but that might just be lighting.

BaseMod

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's almost like there is a true black roof you can buy that will look so much better.... Oh wait it costs $1900 more.... I wonder why Ford did this? But seriously, your right, they ought to call this color Sun Fade Gray.
Don’t worry, your 1900 dollar black top will look just like this gray in 5 years...????

rchapa8

Badlands
First Name
richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Chevy Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm actually OK with the gray top. It doesn't look sun faded to me since it's uniformly the same color rather than the top facing surface being lighter or any blotchiness. There is no way a black MIC top wouldn't eventually get some sun fade which would make it some kind of gray anyway. If you start out gray it would end up just a lighter gray. Besides I think it would look great with Cactus Gray or Iconic Silver. It might be too close to Carbonized Gray. But then I suppose if it was close enough it might look "body colored". ;)
Check out the video of them going thru the assembly line and I think you'll change your mind.

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I already talked to my bodyshop guy and he says it's not problem to paint Jeep tops, so this should be a similar texture.

I'll just get mine colour match painted!

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So ford makes a gray top.
All the trim is black.
This looks terrible and they know it.

Ford's solution: Optional tops for $$$$$. They are going to make a killing off of optional tops. They won't have to make very many of these gray ones and will charge us through the nose for the "upgraded" top.

I've thought about just sticking with the soft top for now. Waiting on the aftermarket for a hardtop. But I worry about an aftermarket top having a perfect fit. Worry about leaks after years.

Sponsored

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I hope that a soft top is an option for the 2 dr when it's time to order.

Sub_Sonarman

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus SE, 2018 F-250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was thinking the same thing and it makes me worry that they just aren’t able to get all the production parts because of Covid. As far along as they are on the assembly line it begs the question if the whole slide in production is for bumpers, tops, or other random pieces they just can’t get or can only get them in small quantities. I could totally see small amounts of people high up on the list getting their Broncos in late March or April and just trickling out from there.
If they had everything ready for production they would start making the trucks now. Very well could be the steel bumper dies are not set up yet.

Max_Brush

Black Diamond
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subuaru Legacy Premium 2.5L
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Usually a fan of white cars but I am not a fan on the bronco. If I had my choice I’d prefer an army green with the saddle leather interior
Sponsored