Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So ford makes a gray top.
All the trim is black.
This looks terrible and they know it.

Ford's solution: Optional tops for $$$$$. They are going to make a killing off of optional tops. They won't have to make very many of these gray ones and will charge us through the nose for the "upgraded" top.

I've thought about just sticking with the soft top for now. Waiting on the aftermarket for a hardtop. But I worry about an aftermarket top having a perfect fit. Worry about leaks after years.
I'm pretty sure an outside supplier (Webasto) is making the tops?

Last edited:

SupremoSombrero

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just figured out why I don't like the roofs on these Broncos. Those gray roofs look like they are supposed to be black but are sun faded. I like gray as a color in general and I am leaning heavily towards cactus gray as my choice but I don't like sun faded anything on a car/truck. Those gray roofs look like they are 15 years old sitting out in the driveway uncovered. I need more pictures to get over this.

I can't wait to get this truck.
There are sole benefits of the lighter grey top - 1) Lower interior temps. 2) It won’t fade as badly as darker colors. Black trim fades a lot.

I hope the BB grille is made from the same color as the top. Matchy matchy.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
after skimming through 15 pages of "the top looks terrible", I feel I will be moving up the list. Add to that the hate for the Navy Pier, lack of 7spd on the V6, disgruntled rock rail mounted on the body group, the "not enough cargo space to set up a temporary home" crowd and the deal breaking "they don't offer a color I like" peeps, I should be getting my perfect Bronco next week...SMH

? ;) Sorry, just having fun.

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm pretty an outside supplier (Webasto) is making the tops?
There always has to be that one guy.

so ford has a gray top commissioned.
And the company makes it exactly how ford tells them to make it.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

after skimming through 15 pages of "the top looks terrible", I feel I will be moving up the list. Add to that the hate for the Navy Pier, lack of 7spd on the V6, disgruntled rock rail mounted on the body group, the "not enough cargo space to set up a temporary home" crowd and the deal breaking "they don't offer a color I like" peeps, I should be getting my perfect Bronco next week...SMH

Ray of sunshine!

TTown

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Explorer; 2019 Honda CR-V; 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco First 2 finished pre-production 2021 Broncos - in Oxford White and Iconic Silver 1600989535249

I was originally thinking white. I don't know -- not sure if it's the grey roof against all of the other black trim, the black wheels, the overly-segmented roof, the angle of the pic or what, but doesn't look all that great...

Last edited:

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
so ford has a gray top commissioned.
And the company makes it exactly how ford tells them to make it.
even worse....originally it WAS black, and ford changed it to grey. Check out some of the reveal images

Sponsored

zedster

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco 2 dr Badlands SAS, '22 F150 PowerBoost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I looked at the first page with pictures and then skipped to the last page because I didn't want to read all the complaining about the top. I mean if you don't like them no one is making you buy a Bronco. Go buy something you do like. Rant over.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Badlands comes with a different set of wheels as the standard, and the ones in the photo are apparently the option (I know it is pre-prod and there is a question if those are actually 33s) but anyone have a guess on what the pictured wheels would cost as an option?

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I looked at the first page with pictures and then skipped to the last page because I didn't want to read all the complaining about the top. I mean if you don't like them no one is making you buy a Bronco. Go buy something you do like. Rant over.
Good strategy, the problem is there is usually a constructive comment or two sprinkled in them as well. I like to read those.

Ok I'm done complaining about complainers...