Sponsored

Newly Spied: 2021 Bronco in Rugged Trim!

Stangdriver13

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F350 6.0 PSD 2008 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Those are some nice full wheelwells and very flared fenders. I like it.

I wonder what all those brightly colored cables on the frame are for
Those yellow cords are very likely for a data acquisition system for testing purposes. Most likely recording stresses on the frame and suspension, especially with the larger tire size.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
My personal question is cost... Can I get some sort of "this" version under $45k? Or how difficult is it to upgrade to "this" version? (Is this the fabled "rock monster" by the way?)

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the front end tapered in? Less than the dovetail of the Wrangler hood obviously, but the front seems to have a lot more padding and fender protrusion than the rear.
They do a bit. That would be a nice touch to help with vision.

Those fenders do look a bit more pronounced then the last mule we saw to me. On certain angles you can see in the back it’s a bit more flared and with the bigger tires I think it’s just not as obvious.

Hmm could the bumpers be similar? The opening in the front looks close, there are a little differences but could be the same design?

1580177863722.png
I was saying the same thing about the first mule. I think this bumper is going to be similar to the productions. At least I hope so.

Last edited:

Sponsored

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Only thing I can’t wrap my head around is why they are putting anything with the name Wrangler on the Bronco... those are good tires but I mean, I don’t want wrangler on my bronco :cwl:

new camo too

A0A4B585-9623-4526-82FF-4F80091EFDA8.jpeg

Last edited:

3crows

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon, Toyota Tacoma
I wonder if this "baby" version and Full size to come in 2022/23?

There is no full size Bronco. Not now or ever. There is the "baby" and the mid size which this camouflaged unit appears to be. And I highly doubt there will be a V8 with all of the CAFE requirements. Just not going to happen.

Not all that impressed if it does not have a solid front axle. How can it be lifted? It looks like it squats like the typical PU in the front? The Wrangler is easy to lift and modify and relatively inexpensive to do so, this will not be easy and it will be expensive to lift.

3C

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Newly Spied: 2021 Bronco in Rugged Trim! 0B0102D8-947D-4934-A83C-C644A9E69470

Apparently Ford considers missionary an outdoor action activity. Or maybe I’m just a perv :giggle:
They must have bought too much film for the baby Broncos, its the same stuff.

That one looks like "karate chopping babies", but IIRC someone described it as a canoe, the paddle is black.

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford Bronco Newly Spied: 2021 Bronco in Rugged Trim! 2021_Bronco_OffRoad_017

Ford Bronco Newly Spied: 2021 Bronco in Rugged Trim! 2021_FordBronco.ext11

Alright Ford. I'll give it to ya. I've been trying to analyze the back of this thing and I still can't tell if we're getting a swing gate, drop gate, hatch or a combination. Nice job on the camo. Clearly they're concerned with keeping the roof and backend under wraps until release. Also, you can really see the hood and front fender shape/padding in this angle. Also a clear shot of the hitch, but I don't think anything has changed there. Definitely a different exhaust. Can't even see the muffler vs the other mule.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think the muffler is the same, maybe a bit smaller, but the lighting in the shot is a lot different and it has a big tip vs the lower trim having a plain turndown.

Wonder what the "performance" exhaust sounds like.
Sponsored