Sponsored

Newly Spied: 2021 Bronco in Rugged Trim!

Hxchrist

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Being able to fit 34’s stock yes please now we’re in business. Don’t like how low that front bumper seems to hang though. The grill is looking pretty good too
Sponsored

Hxchrist

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it just me or does it appear to also have a different muffler/exhaust setup than the first tester we saw with the smaller tires?
I was thinking the same thing

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is the front end tapered in? Less than the dovetail of the Wrangler hood obviously, but the front seems to have a lot more padding and fender protrusion than the rear.
There are no rear 1/4's on the prototypes right now. To me, thats a good thing, tells me that replacing panels will be fairly straight forward.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another thing I noticed is the small LED in the rear bumper, just above the hitch receiver.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can’t understand how anyone would want that engine. More expensive to buy, more expensive to operate, more to to fail, and less powerful than the 2.7.
Good point, I do want a diesel, but I don't want that one...

Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Already got that Bronco.

Gonna take more than big tires to claim victory over Jeep. For all we know the Bronco will articulate like the Everest.

Let’s stop declaring it a winner until we actually see it do something.
I agree that this is not a fair representation of what you and others want and I value your criticism in general, but I also want to be fair and point out that between the bigger tires, clearance for said tires, and suspension geometry at ride height it is clear that this will travel and articulate much more than an Everest, perhaps it wont strictly articulate BETTER than jeep but there is evidence here that it will be more competitive than any stock offering we have seen. That's not reason to get on your knees either lol, two things I want to die: SFA fans want crappy old Broncos, and IFS on Bronco = lackluster Forerunner/FJ/H3/Everest performance

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ford F150 Powerstroke,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Good point, I do want a diesel, but I don't want that one...
Why, the 3 liter Ford diesel is a proven Land Rover motor and has been around for decades just not here in the USA. It has 450 ft lbs of torque, returns 25 mpg in FX4 trim (highest of any 4x4 models), makes all its power under 1800 rpm and is a beast whether towing or just driving around town. The only draw backs which is for all modern diesels is the diesel exhaust fluid and the Ford diesel uses a timing belt but it is the quietest diesel in its class on the market. It has the Powerstroke label and earns it, one of the best F150 motors have ever been put in the truck. I have gone 27 thousand miles so far on my 2018 and it has been flawless.

IV.f

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A lot of miss information in here on Torsen/Helical Diffs and what is a beadlock capable wheels — just read up on the raptor.

Anywho everything looks great and what I wanted - just hope they move the lower control arm mounting to be in front of the axles versus this weird behind/below setup they have (shock looks like it is outside the frame so that’s good.)

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why, the 3 liter Ford diesel is a proven Land Rover motor and has been around for decades just not here in the USA. It has 450 ft lbs of torque, returns 25 mpg in FX4 trim (highest of any 4x4 models), makes all its power under 1800 rpm and is a beast whether towing or just driving around town. The only draw backs which is for all modern diesels is the diesel exhaust fluid and the Ford diesel uses a timing belt but it is the quietest diesel in its class on the market. It has the Powerstroke label and earns it, one of the best F150 motors have ever been put in the truck. I have gone 27 thousand miles so far on my 2018 and it has been flawless.
Its a great little engine, but it's still an updated version of a very old engine. Having worked on the 3rd Gen 6.7 there is basically nothing about the 3.0 diesel that impresses me, and knowing that we could have potentially had a 2.7 Achates in there instead makes me pretty bummed out. That, and the fact that GM made a ground up little I-6 architecture which is objectively better than ours.

Sponsored

IV.f

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Its a great little engine, but it's still an updated version of a very old engine. Having worked on the 3rd Gen 6.7 there is basically nothing about the 3.0 diesel that impresses me, and knowing that we could have potentially had a 2.7 Achates in there instead makes me pretty bummed out. That, and the fact that GM made a ground up little I-6 architecture which is objectively better than ours.
Concur - it’s nothing to bash on Ford with the 3.0 Diesel - they just offer so many other great engines (probably to many) and the diesel doesn't make much sense. This is coming from a diesel advocate.

Now look at Ram - 1 diesel, 1 V8, 1 crap V6; the diesel fills a void.

Also I want to like the I6 GM diesel, but I don’t like aluminum blocks and you have to pull the cab to change the timing belt/chain. That’s just really really dumb.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is this actually lifted in the suspension vs the previous prototype? Or just riding higher because of the significantly larger tire? I can't tell tbh
Looks to me like just bigger rubber, 2" lift in the front and an inch in the back would sure help that hangy downy fuel tank.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Would love bigger tires and no lift. I love that LCG setup.

Kahdir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLUR)
Liking what I see :like:

Who's willing to take one for the team and be a human speed bump to check the from axle setup? (j/k :crackup:)

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Obviously these photos are controlled by Ford, but something that been bugging me is how no one else has gotten any photos outside the Frankenrangers, I mean it's the new bronco I would expect somebody to snap a candid photo of the bronco by now
Sponsored