Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I asked this question in the other thread and I guess i will ask it here too. How will this affect options that are classified as "late availability"? If I have a very early reservation and I place my order on the 1st day WBDO opens, but, my order is a velocity blue mansquatch, will my order be part of my dealers allocation even if subsequent orders are fulfilled first? Or do I risk my order being scrapped if allocation runs out before my unit can be produced?
I’d like to know this too. I reserved within the first hour. I want a VB mansquatch. Will my order go in and hold its place against allocation, or do I possibly get screwed?
Sponsored

Micklimey1972

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3 M40i, Shelby GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The way I'm taking that is in a normal situation, you go to the dealer and pick something they have in stock or order exactly what you want. If you can't strike a deal, you try another dealer until your happy. Instead, Ford chose a complicated reservation system that's confusing people on both ends and ultimately may take longer to get the Broncos into customers hands.
Seems to work for Tesla.. also it would not be confusing if Ford would have stayed with what they had originally stated. Which was first in, first out or as close to that as it made sense production wise. Then a bunch of cry baby big dealers bitched because the little guys like Granger were stealing their business. The more I think about this the more it pisses me off. No way in hell I’m moving my reservation even if I could. I don’t care if it comes 2022 now. No way am I playing big dealer games.

Reldn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4Runner SR5P, '17 Patriot, '04 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can tell you right now if Ford is going to start allocating broncos to stealerships rather than Shipping them in the order they received them in, I might be looking at one of those Jeep’s everyone is going to be trading in. What was the point of putting down that 100 bucks if Joe blow who ordered two weeks after me is going to get his or hers three months before me because they ordered from a high volume dealer.
Agreed. I hope it's not actually going to be like that, because I'm not too keen on the feeling that I'm going to basically be screwed over for reserving through a smaller, lower volume dealership.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the age of the internet and not that b-movie Suckers.

Customers: I'd like to get in line and order the Bronco I want to pay for.

Nth largest Ford Stealership: It would be much simpler if we ordered what we think you should buy and if you don't want it, then we'll wait for someone who will pay the ADM.

Analogy/story time:
Imagine getting in the drive thru at Starbucks and they tell you which drinks they feel like serving you.

Imagine getting in line for concert tickets and the scalpers went to the venue and complained that it wasn't fair.

Imagine ordering an unreleased appliance from Home Depot and being told that because the Home Depot two towns over sold more sacks of... fertilizer you have to wait three months longer or go to the other Home Depot and pay hundreds more for the same appliance.

What a weak move by Ford. What did the large dealerships say? We won't order as many other Fords if you don't cave. Does Ford really think volume dealers would actually order significantly fewer cars? I'm sure the Nth+1 dealer in the area will be more than happy to take up those allocations. Like dealerships are doing Ford a favor, because that's the only way people hear about new cars, lol.

This is the biggest mistake in the new CEOs tenure thus far. I'm looking for another stock dip.

I think everyone should switch to Granger just to piss off the Volume Mobsters.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Kris87 wants the old system where the big dealerships (his/hers) get the volume and can price they way they want.

With this system, volume is based on reservations and makes the dealers compete for your business.

I'll take this new system every time and will shop for the best price.
The trouble with this is after 10/31, all bets are off. If you could change reservations several times if need be, it would be a different story.

Sponsored

Micklimey1972

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3 M40i, Shelby GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the age of the internet and not that b-movie Suckers.

Customers: I'd like to get in line and order the Bronco I want to pay for.

Nth largest Ford Stealership: It would be much simpler if we ordered what we think you should buy and if you don't want it, then we'll wait for someone who will pay the ADM.

Analogy/story time:
Imagine getting in the drive thru at Starbucks and they tell you which drinks they feel like serving you.

Imagine getting in line for concert tickets and the scalpers went to the venue and complained that it wasn't fair.

Imagine ordering an unreleased appliance from Home Depot and being told that because the Home Depot two towns over sold more sacks of... fertilizer you have to wait three months longer or go to the other Home Depot and pay hundreds more for the same appliance.

What a weak move by Ford. What did the large dealerships say? We won't order as many other Fords if you don't cave. Does Ford really think volume dealers would actually order significantly fewer cars? I'm sure the Nth+1 dealer in the area will be more than happy to take up those allocations. Like dealerships are doing Ford a favor, because that's the only way people hear about new cars, lol.

This is the biggest mistake in the new CEOs tenure thus far. I'm looking for another stock dip.

I think everyone should switch to Granger just to piss off the Volume Mobsters.
how do I double like a comment..spot on.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wonder how many Broncos got ordered by dealer staff, who will then sell them on the lot.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.