Sponsored

Newly Spied: 2021 Bronco in Rugged Trim!

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh I understand, but there are some that have claimed this an absolute failure based on seeing a few prototypes and not knowing everything.

On the flip side, why don't you stop declaring it an absolute failure before actually seeing it do something...
I have a pretty bad memory. Could you remind me of where I said it was a failure?
Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This leaked version is my favorite so far. Anybody else see a horizontal crease on the doors between the handles and windowsill or is it just my eyes looking for one one like the early broncos had?

Ford Bronco Newly Spied: 2021 Bronco in Rugged Trim! 1580233884290
I noticed it too.

Also noticed...No little notch at the forward area of the driver's window. I love that oh-so-much about the Ford trucks and I'm a little miffed it isn't on this.

Also miffed about no three-wiper setup LOL :D

Reactions: BE_

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This leaked version is my favorite so far. Anybody else see a horizontal crease on the doors between the handles and windowsill or is it just my eyes looking for one one like the early broncos had?

1580233884290.png
Looks like body lines about 6 inches down from the top of the door, and another about 8 inches up from the bottom

Last edited:

Stihl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150, 2018 JL
I noticed it too.

Also noticed...No little notch at the forward area of the driver's window. I love that oh-so-much about the Ford trucks and I'm a little miffed it isn't on this.

Also miffed about no three-wiper setup LOL :D
I also like the notch on my F150, but i'm ok with the straight sill here due to the presence of the height increase on the body after the rear door.

Sponsored

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Another thing I noticed is the small LED in the rear bumper, just above the hitch receiver.
Probably just like what the Mustang has... reflector in US markets, rear fog light in European countries

but something that been bugging me is how no one else has gotten any photos outside the Frankenrangers
These here aren't photos of a frankenranger, this IS a Bronco. It's camo'd up, but it's definitely not the frankenragers that were rolling around last year (and last week)

paxfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1580233884290.png
I see what you're talking about. Brings back horrible memories of the rust that seam generated in the rear quarters. Then I start thinking of the floors, tailgate and the effing door posts....

Yeesh! We really sucked w/body panels back then....

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think that light on the bumper is so you can remove the tailgate and still have a third light.
Too low to be used as a third brake light. Could it be part of the Tow Package?????

Reactions: BE_

Shane

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser and 2001 F250 SD 4WD 7.3l
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Too low to be used as a third brake light. Could it be part of the Tow Package?????
That I believe is the tractor beam to pull your trailer to the tow vehicle for hitching rather than backing up to the trailer- part of Ford’s new Max Trailer Tow Package.

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ford F150 Powerstroke,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The GM is a duramax and the 3 liter diesel motor for Ford is nothing more than a filler to hit the increased CAFE numbers that all makers have to hit by the middle of the 20s. I like the motor and it is kind of nice to have an engine choice which is in the 100-150 grand Rover HSE models. Guess that is why it is a 5 grand premium in the F150 line up but with the ability to go many many 100s of thousands of miles the engine should out live the truck.

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a pretty bad memory. Could you remind me of where I said it was a failure?
I guess technically you haven't directly typed "its a failure", but you have plenty of negative posts about what we see. Here are just a few examples:

And how do we know that it is not a total dog?
The Raptor also comes stock with big tires. Doesn’t mean the front end can actually handle them.
Already got that Bronco.

Gonna take more than big tires to claim victory over Jeep. For all we know the Bronco will articulate like the Everest.

Let’s stop declaring it a winner until we actually see it do something.
I don’t want a rebadged Jeep. I want a 2021 version of my 1968 Ford Bronco. You know the vehicle that is all over commercials and movie screens? The vehicle that is in such high demand that Ford has decided to resurrect it. I want the new Bronco to be better than Jeep in the same ways it was originally- more power and more room. Jeep has done an excellent job of modernizing the wrangler without compromising on its capabilities. Why does Ford have to compromise?
IF the Bronco has all those things it’ll potentially tie the Wrangler. Unless they throw in a winch or an air compressor it won’t beat it. I wouldn’t give the Bronco any points for Ford’s off-road drive modes.
How does the Bronco outscore the Wrangler in off-road tech?

How does it get better than F/R selectable lockers, disconnecting sway bars, and a 4:1 transfer case?