Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Gotcha

See, who needs school to learn new things?
Word lol.

I spent a couple years getting more intimately familiar with the RB26DETT that I ever thought I would considering I'm not a nissan guy. The skyline shop manuals have like 4 or 5 motors covered in them, but then there's a completely separate supplemental manual for the GT-R and its RB26DETT.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Word lol.

I spent a couple years getting more intimately familiar with the RB26DETT that I ever thought I would considering I'm not a nissan guy. The skyline shop manuals have like 4 or 5 motors covered in them, but then there's a completely separate supplemental manual for the GT-R and its RB26DETT.
Oh snap, crackle and pop

Had no idea they're that much different

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why not use parts from a 26, or will it not work?
The RB25 is the most similar to the 26, but still very different. And even at that, parts for the 26 are a bitch to find... I just spent a couple months waiting on stocking and shipping from New Zealand for a damn coolant temp sensor :eyeroll:

But for the most part, using RB26 parts on a 25would typically require software programming. People more commonly use Z32TT parts because they’re easier to find, but that also requires tuning most of the time

Rocket

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150, 1978 Bronco, 2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Bronco will be built in Wayne MI, close to Detroit, the Detroit Auto Show is in June this year.........thats what I was thinking.....

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco will be built in Wayne MI, close to Detroit, the Detroit Auto Show is in June this year.........thats what I was thinking.....
I just hope it's offered the way I want it to be

Decided the other night that I wanna offroader, so it's this or a Jeep

Shane

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser and 2001 F250 SD 4WD 7.3l
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ditto, though I would of gone with a 2dr JL if this was still a pipedream being floated around instead of actually being made and available by either the end of the year or early next
Yeah, I almost pulled the trigger on a JL a couple of years ago, but I need just a bit more towing capability. We dry camp a lot and bring a fair amount of stuff for extended stays in our A-liner pop-up trailer. Nice to unhook and go exploring. Looking forward to it. My F-250 SD 7.3l is just a bit too big for exploring. Hoping a 2dr Bronco will do it: Wife, 2 Beagles, and some gear. Just hope I can afford it now that it’s finally (almost) here.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I almost pulled the trigger on a JL a couple of years ago, but I need just a bit more towing capability. We dry camp a lot and bring a fair amount of stuff for extended stays in our A-liner pop-up trailer. Nice to unhook and go exploring. Looking forward to it. My F-250 SD 7.3l is just a bit too big for exploring. Hoping a 2dr Bronco will do it: Wife, 2 Beagles, and some gear. Just hope I can afford it now that it’s finally (almost) here.
I just like that it's got a powerful engine that doesn't beg to be regeared and also something different.

Again though, no manual, right back to jeep

Shane

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just like that it's got a powerful engine that doesn't beg to be regeared and also something different.

Again though, no manual, right back to jeep
Agreed. And yeah, we’ll see if the rumored 7speed manual, or other is offered...

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed. And yeah, we’ll see if the rumored 7speed manual, or other is offered...
Could be a 6spd for all I care or even a 5, just this would be my new daily driver weekend toy, so obviously want something I can properly enjoy

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not too much longer...
I can wait for the 2dr if it's not too long and everything I like

I don't need a Raptor, I can always just retrofit the parts

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You would be surprised how awesome a super duty can do off road. Only pulling a pop up, you could go with a softer suspension. I've seen older v10 f250s, soft spring lifts and lockers, on 37's. Those rigs are pretty capable. plus if its a rig you buy for 10k, put 10k into it. You've got a good adventure rig. For half of what I'm anticipating on the new bronco. Size doesn't matter when its cheap(not afraid of bashing fenders and bedsides in) plus there are tons of them from fleet sales that you can get parts from in scrapyards. My problem is, I can finance through ford, not pay out of pocket for an older build.

Shane

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can wait for the 2dr if it's not too long and everything I like

I don't need a Raptor, I can always just retrofit the parts
Exactly. Hoping for a 2.7 in a non Raptor, but 2.3 would probably be fine.

Shane

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You would be surprised how awesome a super duty can do off road. Only pulling a pop up, you could go with a softer suspension. I've seen older v10 f250s, soft spring lifts and lockers, on 37's. Those rigs are pretty capable. plus if its a rig you buy for 10k, put 10k into it. You've got a good adventure rig. For half of what I'm anticipating on the new bronco. Size doesn't matter when its cheap(not afraid of bashing fenders and bedsides in) plus there are tons of them from fleet sales that you can get parts from in scrapyards. My problem is, I can finance through ford, not pay out of pocket for an older build.
Agreed. But you said it, and nor can I afford a build. Will have to finance through Ford. However, size is a factor for me in that we do a lot of camping in some pretty tight spots. Love to get into the trees here in the PNW.
when I was stuck down in SoCal for a time, size wasn’t as big a deal. Especially down in the desert. Though my FJ did feel a bit wide in some of the washes...
No rig is perfect. And I can’t afford to fill a large garage, let alone the garage.
Sponsored