Sponsored

Newly Spied: 2021 Bronco in Rugged Trim!

Hautian

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I guess technically you haven't directly typed "its a failure", but you have plenty of negative posts about what we see. Here are just a few examples:
Those didn’t seem too negative to me. Seems like toyhoarder was responding to people’s assumptions that were very optimistic.

I hope that it does great and I’m looking forward to the release but until then none of us know how it will stack up against other vehicles.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mil spec, red reverse light for nighttime reverse enhanced vision lol. It looks like a light to me too, not a reflector.

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This "rugged" version looks good to me so far, isn't this the first suv ever offered from the factory w/ 34" tires. (Except something rare like a Pinzgauer)? So what motor is expected in this "rugged" version? Any info on that yet?

Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This "rugged" version looks good to me so far, isn't this the first suv ever offered from the factory w/ 34" tires. (Except something rare like a Pinzgauer)? So what motor is expected in this "rugged" version? Any info on that yet?
The only thing I can think of with tires this tall that is a production SUV that you could just go out and buy today is the G-Wagon 4x4 squared. Comes with 325/55 R 22 tires, which are 36" tall. Plus, portal axles! Downside: $200k.

Ford Bronco Newly Spied: 2021 Bronco in Rugged Trim! 1580243080345

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, good point, I like it, but much too expensive. Anyone know what motor is expected in the "rugged" version? As others have said, it's got to be some sort of upgraded motor to turn those large tires.(?) Yes, I know they could change the gearing but for a supposed "performance" version just changing the gearing wouldn't be enough for me.

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, good point, I like it, but much too expensive. Anyone know what motor is expected in the "rugged" version? As others have said, it's got to be some sort of upgraded motor to turn those large tires.(?) Yes, I know they could change the gearing but for a supposed "performance" version just changing the gearing wouldn't be enough for me.
The 3.8 v6 in the Wrangler was 237 lb-ft of torque and turned the 33s of the Rubicon and the 3.6 is only 260 lb-ft. In the Ranger the 2.3 is 310 lb-ft of torque at much lower RPM so although there could be a bigger engine for this trim level it's definitely not necessary to turn the 34-35" tire.

chicknwithabeer

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon unlimited 2015 Ford f150 3.5 E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I noticed it too.

Also noticed...No little notch at the forward area of the driver's window. I love that oh-so-much about the Ford trucks and I'm a little miffed it isn't on this.

Also miffed about no three-wiper setup LOL :D
From everything I'm seeing the 21 F150 won't have the trucker style window notch, it'll be more like the new Expedition.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Because Ford offers turbo gassers that significantly outperform the diesel for less money. The diesel mileage doesn’t save any money after you pay for more expensive fuel, DEF, and the engine itself.

If Ford would’ve gone with something in the 4.0-4.5L range with 300-350hp I think they might have had a winner.
Once you start tuning turbos though, fuel costs go way up.
You can push a diesel to the ragged edge on the same fuel as stock.

Sponsored

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OK thanks, we'll see what it is. If it's an approx. 300 hp motor in the "rugged" version I'll definitely not be interested in that.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
OK thanks, we'll see what it is. If it's an approx. 300 hp motor in the "rugged" version I'll definitely not be interested in that.
I think there's a good chance of it being the 2.7 at least as an option. Should have no problem spinning those tires

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

From everything I'm seeing the 21 F150 won't have the trucker style window notch, it'll be more like the new Expedition.
Where are you seeing that? the spy shots have it, it's just covered.
Sponsored