Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While the briefing that you just did for Ford dealerships on Bronco orders, allocation, etc. was intended for your dealerships and not your customers, the information got out and it has caused me confusion and concern for where I fall in getting my order fulfilled. Looking at the activity on this forum since the information got out, it appears that I’m not the only one.

I think it is pretty obvious that this is a unique situation with the new Bronco and Ford knew that it would be… hence doing a reservation offering to begin with. It’s now very well-known that you have a HUGE number of passionate and excited customers… but I really hope that you take care to not swing this passion and excitement the other way. It doesn’t take much and once that tide swings, it’s going to be very difficult to recover. Please don’t screw this up, Ford.

My ask is that Ford make an announcement to its reservation holders directly to clarify what this means for us customers. More importantly, I ask that Ford consider the customer first instead of rewarding high-volume dealerships.

Things that are not clear:
- Reservation number/timestamp: First of all, the reservation process on the first couple of days was an absolute mess. I watched the live reveal and attempted to submit my reservation immediately… but instead spent hours attempting to get through the reservation pages with constant errors, spinning wheels and reloading. Then, I didn’t get a confirmation email until the next day which noted 7/14 as the reservation date even though I made the reservation on 7/13. Please clarify what the reservation number means relative to timestamp (and how do we know what our timestamp is).​
- Dealer allocation: Please clarify what it means for reservation holders that are with small, midsize and large dealerships and how the delivery may vary depending on the size of the dealer (or other factors)… if it does change things for when a delivery is fulfilled, please explain why.​

It is well known that there are a few dealerships that have been very active on this forum providing transparency and very competitive pricing. Ford… please be careful when working out your dealer allocation plans because behind that is me, the reservation holder and potential customer. If you are going to penalize the dealer with a large number of reservations because they are offering the most competitive pricing and most transparent purchasing process, then you are also penalizing me and many other potential customers.

As it is, we are all in a position that we will have to wait a long time for this new (and premium priced) vehicle. As potential customers, we have proven our passion for the Bronco and willing to wait and open our wallets for it… but it won’t take much to tip the scales of passion from excitement to frustration and anger. Ford, you are in a unique position to manage this right and have a time to do so. Please consider what the dealerships are in your ear for because there are some logistical things to deal with… but when it comes down to developing a good plan to fulfill the orders, please think about your passionate customers instead of bowing down to your dealers with big voices.

Thank you,
Mike
Sponsored

OP
OP
ColoradoGuy

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't do any of the social media (outside of forums). If people agree with the post, they are welcome to send it through any social media they like. :)

I know Ford is watching this very popular site so hopefully it helps those of us that feel the same way.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup, my money, my choice. If I get penalized because I’m trying to get a good deal Ford can straight kiss my bright white arse. I’ve already got 1 Dodge and 1 Chevy so I have no issues buying another.

Last edited:

Reldn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4Runner SR5P, '17 Patriot, '04 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If this causes me to not get my reservation,Ford can kiss my money goodbye

I will spend it elsewhere
Amen to that. I'm not getting screwed over just because I went for a better deal with a local, smaller dealership.

I already drive a Jeep, I have no issue with buying another if this turns sour.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I tweeted it out.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford...
Over analyzed, overreacted, catered, to their large dealerships

forgot that the actual reservation orders drive the business model, coin in hand pays the bills ford...
I love the bronco, like no other vehicle, but in the end it’s a vehicle and won’t play stupid games with this company...
I won’t be blinded for my love of a vehicle that I will allow my principals of a consumer to be compromised ...

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

While the briefing that you just did for Ford dealerships on Bronco orders, allocation, etc. was intended for your dealerships and not your customers, the information got out and it has caused me confusion and concern for where I fall in getting my order fulfilled. Looking at the activity on this forum since the information got out, it appears that I’m not the only one.

I think it is pretty obvious that this is a unique situation with the new Bronco and Ford knew that it would be… hence doing a reservation offering to begin with. It’s now very well-known that you have a HUGE number of passionate and excited customers… but I really hope that you take care to not swing this passion and excitement the other way. It doesn’t take much and once that tide swings, it’s going to be very difficult to recover. Please don’t screw this up, Ford.

My ask is that Ford make an announcement to its reservation holders directly to clarify what this means for us customers. More importantly, I ask that Ford consider the customer first instead of rewarding high-volume dealerships.

Things that are not clear:
- Reservation number/timestamp: First of all, the reservation process on the first couple of days was an absolute mess. I watched the live reveal and attempted to submit my reservation immediately… but instead spent hours attempting to get through the reservation pages with constant errors, spinning wheels and reloading. Then, I didn’t get a confirmation email until the next day which noted 7/14 as the reservation date even though I made the reservation on 7/13. Please clarify what the reservation number means relative to timestamp (and how do we know what our timestamp is).​
- Dealer allocation: Please clarify what it means for reservation holders that are with small, midsize and large dealerships and how the delivery may vary depending on the size of the dealer (or other factors)… if it does change things for when a delivery is fulfilled, please explain why.​

It is well known that there are a few dealerships that have been very active on this forum providing transparency and very competitive pricing. Ford… please be careful when working out your dealer allocation plans because behind that is me, the reservation holder and potential customer. If you are going to penalize the dealer with a large number of reservations because they are offering the most competitive pricing and most transparent purchasing process, then you are also penalizing me and many other potential customers.

As it is, we are all in a position that we will have to wait a long time for this new (and premium priced) vehicle. As potential customers, we have proven our passion for the Bronco and willing to wait and open our wallets for it… but it won’t take much to tip the scales of passion from excitement to frustration and anger. Ford, you are in a unique position to manage this right and have a time to do so. Please consider what the dealerships are in your ear for because there are some logistical things to deal with… but when it comes down to developing a good plan to fulfill the orders, please think about your passionate customers instead of bowing down to your dealers with big voices.

Thank you,
Mike

I’ll go ahead and give you Ford’s reply.

“We hear you.”

s/?
Sponsored