Sponsored

Would you buy 37” tires from the factory?

• Yes

• No

• Too big

• I’ll go after market

Results are only viewable after voting.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Speaking of brakes, has there been any information regarding the brake systems on the trim models.....is there an upgraded system on the larger engine, higher trim models, Sasquatch???
Haven't seen anything but given it is such a mild upgrade in weight and HP/TQ, doubt you need any different braking setup.
Sponsored

ToddReynolds

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Raptor, 2023 Badlands 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Haven't seen anything but given it is such a mild upgrade in weight and HP/TQ, doubt you need any different braking setup.
Isn't there like 100hp difference in motors? 400ft lbs of torque sounds like alot to me but with 17" rims I was wondering how much room they even had to work with.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It’s cool to see them so far with development, maybe it’ll be a 2022 model. Whatever they end up calling it I doubt it'll be available as a two door. I kind of get why they wouldn’t more powerful and a longer wheel base Would probably help.
SQUATCHZILLA

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isn't there like 100hp difference in motors? 400ft lbs of torque sounds like alot to me but with 17" rims I was wondering how much room they even had to work with.
That is literally nothing for a SUV breaking system. People routinely run upwards of 550hp/1000tq on factory Super Duty brakes from the 2011-2016 models. You'd need considerably more to warrant a different brake setup.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Once these are out it's going to make the already big 35" look tiny. And 33" even smaller. I'll have to live with my 33" and deal with it :'(

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If it is like the F150, then I doubt it. All F150 ... raptor included have the same calipers. BTW ... it works fine on the Raptor even with the additional weight and 35s.

Speaking of brakes, has there been any information regarding the brake systems on the trim models.....is there an upgraded system on the larger engine, higher trim models, Sasquatch???

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did anyone else see the video comparing 31”s, 33”s and 35”s on all kinds of terrains? 33”s were the winners. So why would someone want 37”s? Looks?

Well, not everything you see on the inter webs is true. That video is a good example.

Sgt Beavis

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor, 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If 37s aren’t available at launch, I’m probably going to cancel my reservation and wait. I know I could mod one but I think I can go another year on 35s with my Jeep before jumping to a Bronco with 37s.

I’m not 100% set on this yet but it’s a possibility.

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If it is like the F150, then I doubt it. All F150 ... raptor included have the same calipers. BTW ... it works fine on the Raptor even with the additional weight and 35s.
Idk, brakes are a source for complaints with some Raptor owners.

Some seem to swap pads out away from OE pretty quick if they push their trucks, though braided lines are probably the best bang for the buck.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have own 2 raptors and the stock brakes are fine. Yes with any vehicle you can go to more of an aggressive pad and stainless lines to get a more aggressive feel but the oem setup is fine. The issue is guys drive a raptor and expect it to stop like their sports car and that is just not going to happen.

btw ... the brakes from the gen1 to the gen2 raptor are identical and with the gen2 raptor dropping 500 pounds (super crew) due to aluminum construction, you can say that the gen2 brakes were improved when compared to the heavier gen1.

Go drive a raptor and slam on the brakes then get back to me.

Idk, brakes are a source for complaints with some Raptor owners.

Some seem to swap pads out away from OE pretty quick if they push their trucks, though braided lines are probably the best bang for the buck.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
no way the reg bronco gets 37s. ?

If 37s aren’t available at launch, I’m probably going to cancel my reservation and wait. I know I could mod one but I think I can go another year on 35s with my Jeep before jumping to a Bronco with 37s.

I’m not 100% set on this yet but it’s a possibility.

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have own 2 raptors and the stock brakes are fine. Yes with any vehicle you can go to more of an aggressive pad and stainless lines to get a more aggressive feel but the oem setup is fine. The issue is guys drive a raptor and expect it to stop like their sports car and that is just not going to happen.

btw ... the brakes from the gen1 to the gen2 raptor are identical and with the gen2 raptor dropping 500 pounds (super crew) due to aluminum construction, you can say that the gen2 brakes were improved when compared to the heavier gen1.

Go drive a raptor and slam on the brakes then get back to me.
I have, I wouldn't bring it up just if I didn't have experience with it. I have driven both privately owned and mplated Raptors. They don't inspire confidence mostly because the performance is not consistent in my opinion.

I have 35's on my F150 and while I can't speak for pad material, knuckles, rotors, and calipers are common, and it's the same way.

I know it will stop in a panic situation, but side from that their performance in light to moderate brake applications is concerning.
Sponsored