Sponsored

CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment.

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's one thing for Ford to produce parts that are one-off's for a pre-prod, but to actually have one off parts on a pre-prod with a one-off color too? WTF were they thinking? That is absurd.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yeah the CG on that particular vehicle looks great to me in the shots we've seen, especially with the white

But then you compare it to the color card sample and you're like WTF? Is that really the same color?
Yea, I have to agree that the one-off press rig is a custom paint job. Having seen the paint cards in person, they are fairly good for some colors but rely on gimics to simulate the colors/finish of others since they aren't real paint.

All of them are layers of plastic sandwiched together, so I do not believe that CG/JFG are represented as they will be once sprayed.

I thought through all the shots I had enough confidence in what it looked liked. Thought it looked great. Then I saw more photos and lost confidence.

Maybe by order date I'll have a better idea of what it looks like. But for now it's out.
Going to agree with this. It's going to take seeing a PRODUCTION MODEL Bronco Sport in Cactus Green to bring me back to the color. Or if Ford releases the real paint codes for CG and JFG, then i'll have them shot and see them in person to make a decision. The painter I use will give me the full materials and chemical breakdown of the paint code(s?) and tell me if anything is different between the two.

It's one thing for Ford to produce parts that are one-off's for a pre-prod, but to actually have one off parts on a pre-prod with a one-off color too? WTF were they thinking? That is absurd.
Only a guess, but they weren't trying to make a production-ready look/feel in the first place. They were making 1-off pie-in-the-sky customized rigs to give inspiration for what Bronco could look like. Then we all fell in love with them and beguiled us into thinking something that was not true: They were production models you could buy on the showroom floor.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yea, I have to agree that the one-off press rig is a custom paint job. Having seen the paint cards in person, they are fairly good for some colors but rely on gimics to simulate the colors/finish of others since they aren't real paint.

All of them are layers of plastic sandwiched together, so I do not believe that CG/JFG are represented as they will be once sprayed.

Going to agree with this. It's going to take seeing a PRODUCTION MODEL Bronco Sport in Cactus Green to bring me back to the color. Or if Ford releases the real paint codes for CG and JFG, then i'll have them shot and see them in person to make a decision. The painter I use will give me the full materials and chemical breakdown of the paint code(s?) and tell me if anything is different between the two.

Only a guess, but they weren't trying to make a production-ready look/feel in the first place. They were making 1-off pie-in-the-sky customized rigs to give inspiration for what Bronco could look like. Then we all fell in love with them and beguiled us into thinking something that was not true: They were production models you could buy on the showroom floor.
I totally agree. After seeing the mfg line test vehicle in Iconic Silver that's my "safe" color. The only way I would switch back to Cactus Gray would be seeing an actual production version which won't happen before our ordering window. For me Cactus Gray has just too much risk for getting something different than I expect. I really don't want what has been shown on the Sport, but at this point I really don't have any confidence that's the color the Bronco (not sport) will actually end up being.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I totally agree. After seeing the mfg line test vehicle in Iconic Silver that's my "safe" color. The only way I would switch back to Cactus Gray would be seeing an actual production version which won't happen before our ordering window. For me Cactus Gray has just too much risk for getting something different than I expect. I really don't want what has been shown on the Sport, but at this point I really don't have any confidence that's the color the Bronco (not sport) will actually end up being.
Agree with your logic completely. Note that that doesn't make us correct..... I just agree with you.

Had a conversation off-line with a member here about what I saw in the paint cards in-person and I brought up that the Bronco Sport currently being driven to dealerships by area rep's is not a production vehicle either. It's a pre-production unit. Possibly assembled via white-line.

So there's no guarantee that the Sport is the final production version of Cactus Gray.

And with that, it's also worth noting that the Jet Fighter Gray Mustang Mach-1 also isn't a production unit and most likely wasn't sprayed with the final production Cactus Gray paint either!

Ohhhhhhhhh, the mind boggles!

FWIW: Iconic Silver is going to look great on the Bronco. But it's way too boring for my tastes. Anything in the gray scale of hues is massively too common to be something I want in my garage and to make me happy long-term.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thankfully I will get to see Cactus Gray on a production Bronco Sport in person before I have to order. That will be the deciding factor between it and Iconic Silver. What I've seen in pictures of the Bronco Sport in CG though - I have definitely liked.

Sponsored

John B+9

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 F-150, '13 Golf TDI, '21 GX460
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

. . .Anything in the gray scale of hues is massively too common to be something I want in my garage and to make me happy long-term.
Rick, I looked but couldn't find it. What color are you going with?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Rick, I looked but couldn't find it. What color are you going with?
Like many, many, many people in this thread, I would like Cactus Gray to be a certain hue. My preference is for the green end of the spectrum of CG, not the tan or concrete gray.

That remains my preference as there is inconclusive evidence at this time. Once the official paint code is released, a buddy who owns a body shop will be spraying out some samples for me so I can make a final decision. (Paint code will post here once released: 2021 Bronco paint codes)

If CG is just gray or tan, then something subtle will have to replace it.... Race Red is #2 and Cybertron School Bus is a distant #3. Rapid Red has dropped off the radar after seeing it on quite a few vehicles around Seattle and it not popping the way it would for you in that Texas sun.

I admit to falling in love with the concept vehicle that Ford produced and am very hopeful that the production paint will be identical!

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 2021 Ford Bronco Employee Roundup 117952354_436403683906860_2724487150185037314_n

Last edited:

John B+9

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 F-150, '13 Golf TDI, '21 GX460
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Like many, many, many people in this thread, I would like Cactus Gray to be a certain hue. My preference is for the green end of the spectrum of CG, not the tan or concrete gray.

That remains my preference as there is inconclusive evidence at this time. Once the official paint code is released, a buddy who owns a body shop will be spraying out some samples for me so I can make a final decision. (Paint code will post here once released: 2021 Bronco paint codes)

If CG is just gray or tan, then something subtle will have to replace it.... Race Red is #2 and Cybertron School Bus is a distant #3. Rapid Red has dropped off the radar after seeing it on quite a few vehicles around Seattle and it not popping the way it would for you in that Texas sun.

I admit to falling in love with the concept vehicle that Ford produced and am very hopeful that the production paint will be identical!

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 2021 Ford Bronco Employee Roundup 117952354_436403683906860_2724487150185037314_n
Thanks for your thoughtful reply. Well said and I'm with you. The 4-door CG concept is jaw-droppingly good looking. Don't care if everybody on the block has one - if offered I will have one in our garage. :)

kwblank77

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone that wants to see the cactus gray in real life can see a bronco Sport near the grove city outlets. Saw this beside the timber creek restaurant just up the road from the outlets. F-150 is having a dealer event this week at the outlets and it is probably a trainer driving it. I asked and no one was sure if any broncos would be there.

IMG_20200927_144604.jpg

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks just like the color Porsche calls “chalk”

Sponsored

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

boring color :'(

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone that wants to see the cactus gray in real life can see a bronco Sport near the grove city outlets. Saw this beside the timber creek restaurant just up the road from the outlets. F-150 is having a dealer event this week at the outlets and it is probably a trainer driving it. I asked and no one was sure if any broncos would be there.

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 1601246320430
Wow. That gray really sucks. I’m hoping the Mexico paint is different from the us paint. ??‍♂

Hoss Delgado

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy suburban
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't want to beat a dead horse here, but I just want to clear up the air on a question regarding Cactus Grey. Initially, it seems everyone had so many questions surrounding that iconic sea foamish green hue in the color. However, I've now seen it circling around that the greenish hue was just a preproduction version of the color and is in reality just fighter jet grey (the flat grey we see on the mustang, which contains no green tint at all).

I can't seem to get confirmation on which direction the color is in reality because I called my dealer this morning to ask and he said "it's a unique color to the bronco and a greenish hue'" as originally suspected.

Again, I just want a straight answer on whether this color is that green hue that's been floating around since the beginning or just the flat grey we see on the mustang?

I can't be the only one noticing conflicting information concerning the color and I'm having a hard time trusting pictures for obvious reasons.

Any takes on this?

Edit: didn't see the massive thread with this debate already circling before posting haha. Nice to see I'm in good company.

Last edited:

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't want to beat a dead horse here, but I just want to clear up the air on a question regarding Cactus Grey. Initially, it seems everyone had so many questions surrounding that iconic sea foamish green hue in the color. However, I've now seen it circling around that the greenish hue was just a preproduction version of the color and is in reality just fighter jet grey (the flat grey we see on the mustang, which contains no green tint at all).

I can't seem to get confirmation on which direction the color is in reality because I called my dealer this morning to ask and he said "it's a unique color to the bronco and a greenish hue'" as originally suspected.

Again, I just want a straight answer on whether this color is that green hue that's been floating around since the beginning or just the flat grey we see on the mustang?

I can't be the only one noticing conflicting information concerning the color and I'm having a hard time trusting pictures for obvious reasons.

Any takes on this?
My take is that you won't get a straight answer here either.
Sponsored