First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
that is per individual state...Some do that others do not...

If yours does then you will pay taxes on the trade difference not the full price...

We are not collecting out of state taxes and tags...

If you are financing it and need to put that in the loan we just need to know the rates for taxes and tags, at that point we will include them and cut you back the check to pay for it...
You guys are on it!!! This will make a difference so some people on the edge. thanks.

Never heard back from my dealer.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TJ Freestone

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello fellow Coloradans (and nearby neighbors). A small group of us have been sharing notes on our progress working with our local Ford dealerships and in short, we all came to the same conclusion. Up to now, not a single CO dealership has been very transparent or are willing to be competitive with a well-known Ford dealer and member here, @Granger Ford. Albert has been nothing short of fabulous in this forum representing Granger Ford in Granger, IA (approximately 700 miles from Denver area) and for our small group, we decided to change our reservation to Granger and are inviting others to join us. For our small group, it came down to the combination of transparency and excellent pricing… and with that we decided to work with Granger.

So here are the details followed by links with more details. Granger is offering the following pricing for out of state buyers:

Invoice -$1,300 if you have X-Plan (if not, you can sign up for $25 here)
+$100 DOC
+$45 Transit tag
+$425 Group Shipping (handled by Granger) - this is a discounted shipping rate so there are a couple of caveats in this estimate:
1) this estimate could increase if fuel prices spike by delivery next year​
2) requires a full load of six vehicles (may have to wait until there are six vehicles ready to ship)​
3) add $250-300 for one-off shipping​
@North7 put an excellent spreadsheet together HERE but for a basic example if the invoice price (not MSRP) comes to $50,000:
  • Standard X-Plan: $50,000 x .996 = $49,800 + $275 admin fee +$100 DOC fee = $50,175
  • Granger offer: $50,000 - $1,300 + $45 transit fee +$100 DOC fee = $48,845
  • Difference of $1,330
Some dealers may require additional dealer installed accessories (i.e. paint protection, undercoat, car alarm, their own financing terms, etc.) so just because they say they will honor the X-Plan, does not mean that they cannot add things and force you to pay for them – make sure you get it in writing that they will not require anything in addition to factory. From what I've read, @Granger Ford will not be requiring add-ons like this.

One other thing to remember is group shipping to Denver, CO is an estimated $425 (or more if one-off shipping). Obviously, the extra cost for going to Granger and bringing the Bronco back on your own will vary as well. A number of folks are approaching this like a mini-vacation and adventure by going to Granger to get their Bronco.

Lastly, the amount above does not include the destination fee (roughly $1,500) and sales and use taxes (which are based on where you live – not where you buy).

Granger pricing explained: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...icing-and-clarifications-for-the-masses.2296/

Granger pricing info for out of state buyers: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/granger-ford-out-of-state-customers.3950/

X-Plan clarification: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/granger-ford-x-plan-price-admin-fee-clarification.3524/

Changing dealership info: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/granger-ford-changing-dealerships-thread.2539/
Also, good instruction here from @acetdeucy: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/colorado-group-buy-with-granger.5673/post-200719

Vehicle trade-in with Granger info here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/granger-ford-–-trade-in-guide.3870/

Bonus decal from Granger: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/granger-ford-specific-decal-for-only-our-customers.4972/

The more that we have join in, the faster the deliveries will be… so please join us!

EDIT - changed DOC fee to $100 (with x-plan).
EDIT #2 - clarified that the shipping is being handled by Granger (not us).
EDIT #3 - added a link for info about shipping above and HERE
EDIT #4 - added more details about X-Plan, Invoice, etc
EDIT #5 - added vehicle trade-in info
I changed my reservation to Granger based on this post. Thanks, I can't wait to pick up and enjoy fellow Coloradans. Sharing this experience with other Bronco fans will be great fun. Johnstown, CO

wy_overland

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since I'm not sure if any of the Broncos from this group will be left for shipping from Granger by the time I get mine (I didn't reserve until about two weeks ago), I'm assuming that I might not be able to save any money on shipping by combining with the rest of you. So, I've already planned out how I want to drive back to the Denver area in order to a) avoid highways during the break in period, and b) actually see something scenic unlike the drive on I-80, a.k.a. the quickest way between Granger and Denver.

The quickest way between Granger and my house on Google Maps with the "Avoid Highways" option selected is 12 hours and 5 minutes, but doesn't go through anything particularly pretty. Nebraska has a couple of marked scenic routes in the North of the state according to this site, so it looks like I can do (with very minimal interstate driving):

Iowa Highway 141 NW out of Granger all the way to Smithland, Iowa
Old Highway 141 NW to near Sioux CIty, Iowa
US Highway 20 West to Willis, Nebraska
NE Highway 12 West to Valentine, Nebraska
US Highway 20 West to Van Tassell, Wyoming
Wyoming Highway 159 South to Torrington, Wyoming
US Highway 85 South to Colorado and points beyond

This route hits the Outlaw Trail (scenic bluffs, waterfalls, a city with a population of 1, and buffalo herds) as well as the Bridges to Buttes Highway (Agate Fossil Beds National Monument, and the Sandhills).

SmithFalls_BywaysTripPics_EmilieBouvier_44.jpg

monowi.jpg

Agathe_National_Monument10.jpg

rare-13-3.jpg

According to Google Maps, that puts me at 14 hours and 33 minutes, or only a little over 2 hours longer than the quickest non-highway route. For me, since I'm a road trip nerd, well worth it to see something a little prettier.

Also, if you wanted to break the trip up into two about equal days, Valentine, Nebraska has a couple of hotels (Super 8 and others).

Just thought I'd put this out there for anyone switching to Granger but contemplating flying out and driving home instead.

Chris
this almos the same route i have planed back to central Wyoming.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I changed my reservation to Granger based on this post. Thanks, I can't wait to pick up and enjoy fellow Coloradans. Sharing this experience with other Bronco fans will be great fun. Johnstown, CO
Fantastic! If you're interested in the central location delivery deal, I recommend mentioning that to Albert when he confirms your reservation or when you actually place your order so he can start getting an idea of how many are coming this way.

Of course, @Granger Ford will want to verify this, but it seems like the easiest way to start tracking what looks to be a lot of 2021 Colorado-bound Broncos.

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@ColoradoGuy Do we want to start compiling a list of those who a) are Coloradans who are going with Granger and b) want to get in on the group delivery? Obviously those from surrounding states that want to do the delivery could/should be included (and maybe those that don't want to do the delivery just in case we all want to plan a convoy back west). Then we can put the list in the OP?

Chris

Last edited:

Sponsored

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Might be helpful down the road to put together a checklist of recommendations on how best to prepare for your new Bronco. I'll get us started...
  1. Reserve. Check.
  2. Look for most forthcoming dealership, best deal, and decide whether to keep current reservation or move to another dealer. Check.
  3. If moving reservation, call Ford customer service to finalize. Check.
  4. Let said dealer know you are interested in central location delivery. Check.
  5. Join Mustang Club or take other measures to ensure X Plan. Check.
  6. Review trims and other options and based on what we know so far about pricing, narrow down your decision. Check. Sort of...still thinking about those auxiliary switches: Will I use them and will they delay my build?
  7. Download Ford Pass and add dealer. Hmmm...can't figure out how to add the dealer yet. Working on it!
  8. Explore payment options. Cash? Maybe. Finance through Ford? If 0% for X months, finance for X months and collect interest on cash while making payments? What about other incentives for Ford financing? Get preapproved for auto loan by local credit union as a backup? Review NayNay recommendations, see what Ford offers, run the numbers by Finance PhD relative for "sanity check"...use common sense. Working on all of this...
  9. Measure garage height and width, and driveway slope; how high and wide can I go? Will affect Sasquatch, tire and lift, rack decisions. I have a steep driveway!
  10. When B&P goes live, get it together so you can get your order in as soon as that becomes available. Weigh factory versus dealer extras regarding cost, possible build/delivery delays. Consider one of those clear bras someone was talking about to protect vehicle in transit. Working on it.
  11. Order, financing, etc.
...other stuff?

Dates TBD:
  • Get X Plan PIN.
  • Figure out about when you're getting your Bronco. Sometime in February or March (note that one post said build date info will be coming "beginning in February" and another said "by late first quarter" so that tells me sometime in those two months).
  • Communicate build date to others planning on delivery.
  • Backup plan if delivery dates don't work out. Drive out or fly out? If drive out, Which route? (I've driven across Nebraska too many times to count - worked for a cable company in Scottsbluff during the 1990s and had to insert the tapes to all the headends once a month!) If fly out, with kid or solo?
...more other stuff?

Feel free to steal, add, subtract, modify, correct...or just accuse me of overplanning. :)

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@sjp this is an excellent idea that could probably be applied to all of us on the forum. Might be best to start a new thread or take it behind the scenes for further development. A checklist would be useful for all and a tool I am sure @Administrator would sticky. Lmk if I can be of any help

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@sjp this is an excellent idea that could probably be applied to all of us on the forum. Might be best to start a new thread or take it behind the scenes for further development. A checklist would be useful for all and a tool I am sure @Administrator would sticky. Lmk if I can be of any help
Thanks! I wouldn't be able to get to this for a while...(too many work-related deadlines this week) but feel free to swipe it, modify for the masses, and start a new thread.

I agree that many people would benefit from a checklist. There are a lot of things we could be doing while we're waiting around for the "tool that must not be named" and some of the deadlines - switching reservations, ordering, etc. - are going to come up fast, especially with the holidays approaching and all the extra madness that brings. Best to get a jump on everything while we can!

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
It takes two months from signup date before the PIN becomes valid but you don't need it until you are actually paying at the dealer. You do need to inform the dealer when you order that you are using X-Plan, but regardless what dealers tell you, you don't need the PIN in hand then. So still plenty of time to wait to generate a PIN. They are only good for 12 months.
Sounds like you have ordered using the X Plan before. So my understanding is that regardless of the X Plan , in December you negotiate and sign off on the Bronco selling price. A few questions:
1. So in December the dealer will write the sales contract for the X Plan without a pin in hand?
2. Do you sign the AXZD Pricing Agreement at this time?
3. Don't you need the pin to be considered an enrolled "X Plan Participant" ?
4. Doesn't being enrolled open up access to the invoice pricing at www.fordpartners.com ?
Thanks

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Might be helpful down the road to put together a checklist of recommendations on how best to prepare for your new Bronco. I'll get us started...
  1. Reserve. Check.
  2. Look for most forthcoming dealership, best deal, and decide whether to keep current reservation or move to another dealer. Check.
  3. If moving reservation, call Ford customer service to finalize. Check.
  4. Let said dealer know you are interested in central location delivery. Check.
  5. Join Mustang Club or take other measures to ensure X Plan. Check.
  6. Review trims and other options and based on what we know so far about pricing, narrow down your decision. Check. Sort of...still thinking about those auxiliary switches: Will I use them and will they delay my build?
  7. Download Ford Pass and add dealer. Hmmm...can't figure out how to add the dealer yet. Working on it!
  8. Explore payment options. Cash? Maybe. Finance through Ford? If 0% for X months, finance for X months and collect interest on cash while making payments? What about other incentives for Ford financing? Get preapproved for auto loan by local credit union as a backup? Review NayNay recommendations, see what Ford offers, run the numbers by Finance PhD relative for "sanity check"...use common sense. Working on all of this...
  9. Measure garage height and width, and driveway slope; how high and wide can I go? Will affect Sasquatch, tire and lift, rack decisions. I have a steep driveway!
  10. When B&P goes live, get it together so you can get your order in as soon as that becomes available. Weigh factory versus dealer extras regarding cost, possible build/delivery delays. Consider one of those clear bras someone was talking about to protect vehicle in transit. Working on it.
  11. Order, financing, etc.
...other stuff?

Dates TBD:
  • Get X Plan PIN.
  • Figure out about when you're getting your Bronco. Sometime in February or March (note that one post said build date info will be coming "beginning in February" and another said "by late first quarter" so that tells me sometime in those two months).
  • Communicate build date to others planning on delivery.
  • Backup plan if delivery dates don't work out. Drive out or fly out? If drive out, Which route? (I've driven across Nebraska too many times to count - worked for a cable company in Scottsbluff during the 1990s and had to insert the tapes to all the headends once a month!) If fly out, with kid or solo?
...more other stuff?

Feel free to steal, add, subtract, modify, correct...or just accuse me of overplanning. :)
X Plan info:
While dated 2015 -looks current
https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm#faq28

Last edited:

Sponsored

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like you have ordered using the X Plan before. So my understanding is that regardless of the X Plan , in December you negotiate and sign off on the Bronco selling price. A few questions:
1. So in December the dealer will write the sales contract for the X Plan without a pin in hand?
2. Do you sign the AXZD Pricing Agreement at this time?
3. Don't you need the pin to be considered an enrolled "X Plan Participant" ?
4. Doesn't being enrolled open up access to the invoice pricing at www.fordpartners.com ?
Thanks
For honesty's sake, I have not used X-Plan before. Everything I know has been learned from Ford, from talking with dealers and from info shared here. But there is a lot, and you have to be pretty dedicated and read carefully to ingest it all.

1. In December, you will go to your dealer and order the vehicle. At that time, you will need to inform the dealer that you will be using X-Plan to purchase. I'm not sure if they will provide you an actual price at that time that shows your cost as an X-Plan buyer, but that is what eventually happens. They may just give you an MSRP price in December.
2. No, I don't believe this happens in December. Being an X-Plan purchaser requires the dealer to generate an invoice that specifically states the cost of your build using X-Plan for your purchase. X-Plan is invoice - .4% + $275 admin fee (required), which will of course vary depending on how you spec out your build. Doc fees are capped at $100. The dealer cannot change this formula.
3. Yes. But it is only good for 12 months, and you should only need it when you actually go to pay for the vehicle when it is delivered to the dealer and ready for you to inspect and pay for. So I feel like it won't be necessary to generate one until Ford says they're building your vehicle (which will be updated on your reservation in your Ford account). The crucial part is to have a valid PIN when you go to pay and pick up.
4. Yes, assuming you have waited long enough to fully access a PIN generator using whatever method you chose to enroll. Ford stock holders have to have held at least 100 shares for 6 months, and MCA members must wait 2 months after enrolling before gaining access to a valid PIN.

HTH.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just switched over to Granger. I look forward to hearing from you guys!!!!! Ford spent a descent amount of time explaining the process to me. They mentioned that my place in line would not be affected at all by switching over. Overall a great experience. Thanks Granger and thanks Ford!!!! I'm super excited to get this Bronco!!!!

I just got my confirmation email.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ColoradoGuy

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just switched over to Granger. I look forward to hearing from you guys!!!!! They spent a descent amount of time explaining the process to me. They mentioned that my place in line would not be affected at all by switching over. Overall a great experience. Thanks Granger and thanks Ford!!!! I'm super excited to get this Bronco!!!!

I just got my confirmation email.
Awesome, welcome to the group!

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@ColoradoGuy Do we want to start compiling a list of those who a) are Coloradans who are going with Granger and b) want to get in on the group delivery? Obviously those from surrounding states that want to do the delivery could/should be included (and maybe those that don't want to do the delivery just in case we all want to plan a convoy back west). Then we can put the list in the OP?

Chris
So here's what I've compiled from this thread. Anyone that seemed to say "I'm in" is included. I got the reservation numbers and dates from the Reservation Tracking List and the trim either from the logo under the avatar, the tracking list, or your post in this thread (someone said they had an FE reservation but would switch to BL). If I missed anyone, I'm happy to update.

#NameDateReservation NumberTrim
1ColoradoGuy14-Jul10115265Badlands
2EB6613-Jul10118127Badlands
3abarbs3013-Jul10124374First Edition
4Orbiter14-Jul10139418Black Diamond
55280Bronco13-Jul10140182Big Bend
6MackCastle
14-Jul​
10159713​
Badlands
7tazinn1114-Jul10174362Wildtrak
8Jason14-Jul10190xxxBlack Diamond
9sjp14-Jul10196788Base
10j_verde19-Jul10204599Base
11cjduffie15-Jul10239453Outer Banks
122Jeeps&PatriotX117-Jul10277933Badlands
13djbuff30317-Jul10283xxxWildtrak
14hemiblas13-Aug10288789Wildtrak
15Bronco4lyfe8517-Aug10398789Big Bend
16Shabakuza5-Sep10444037Wildtrak
17jayhawkco12-Sep10450138Badlands
18CentennialStateBadlands
19ApplesBadlands
20SL0-CruiserBadlands
21OhlongjohnsonBase
22MonkeyBadlands
23ZCPM3Badlands
24SpecsOpsHippieWildtrak
25FiredudeBig Bend
26RunninRiotBadlands
27TJFreestoneBig Bend

So far, 27 reservations, so figuring average price about $50K or so, $1,350,000 worth of Broncos going to Granger.

Chris

Last edited:

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So here's what I've compiled from this thread. Anyone that seemed to say "I'm in" is included. I got the reservation numbers and dates from the Reservation Tracking List and the trim either from the logo under the avatar, the tracking list, or your post in this thread (someone said they had an FE reservation but would switch to BL). If I missed anyone, I'm happy to update.

NameDateReservation NumberTrim
ColoradoGuy14-Jul10115265Badlands
EB6613-Jul10118127Badlands
abarbs3013-Jul10124374First Edition
Orbiter14-Jul10139418Black Diamond
5280Bronco13-Jul10140182Big Bend
tazinn1114-Jul10174362Wildtrak
Jason14-Jul10190xxxBlack Diamond
j_verde19-Jul10204599Base
cjduffie15-Jul10239453Outer Banks
2Jeeps&PatriotX117-Jul10277933Badlands
Bronco4lyfe8517-Aug10398789Big Bend
Shabakuza5-Sep10444037Wildtrak
jayhawkco12-Sep10450138Badlands
sjpBase
CentennialStateBadlands
ApplesBadlands
SL0-CruiserBadlands
OhlongjohnsonBase
MonkeyBadlands
ZCPM3Badlands
djbuff303Wildtrak
SpecsOpsHippieWildtrak
FiredudeBig Bend
RunninRiotBadlands
TJFreestoneBig Bend
hemiblasWildtrak

So far, 26 reservations, so figuring average price about $50K or so, $1,300,000 worth of Broncos going to Granger.

Chris
Holy crap. That's a whole lotta Bronco Bullion!

My res # is 10196788 and the date is 7/14. I placed my order via phone on 7/13, but suspect the dealership didn't process the payment until the next day, hence the later date.

Thanks for putting this together, Chris.
Sponsored