Sponsored

Ford becomes "Official Vehicle" of King of the Hammers; does this mean Bronco will be there?

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
The more I think about it the more I think we might see something:

1. Bronco testing in Johnson Valley and in the press release they say “Bronco was built for this.”

2. The fact that we saw a off-road ready VP1 just a few days ago... they don’t parade that around for nothing.

3. This press release.

4. Guy on the blue oval forum saying he’s not surprised the VP1 is appearing now

5. Jeep gladiator did it last year... only appropriate for Ford to do it now.

6. this might be a stretch but Bronco Sport being spotted in Arizona a few days ago... that’s right next door.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmmm we might get more teases but this seems like more marketing to me. I’d be surprised if we don’t get some kind of tease but I’m not expecting much. Still cool though

Last edited:

Sponsored

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wow, first Score, now this. Ford is throwing money into the off road world. They clearly want to be taken seriously. They want to be thought of when consumers think "off road."

With the Raptor, Tremor, and upcoming Maverick and Bronco options, they may end up with one of the more capable lineups in the business.

sardog12

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2016 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If they run KOH with a VP1 Bronco I would shit a brick
Unless they have been doing some extensive testing on those trails or something like, I think the chances of them making an entry is impossible. I think that there would have been some word on one of the Jeep forums or on Pirate. Besides, they would have to qualify their way in to whatever race the vehicle qualifies for and I doubt that would be easy without practice.

Of course, the Baja Bronco may be in the truck race.

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless they have been doing some extensive testing on those trails or something like, I think the chances of them making an entry is impossible. I think that there would have been some word on one of the Jeep forums or on Pirate. Besides, they would have to qualify their way in to whatever race the vehicle qualifies for and I doubt that would be easy without practice.

Of course, the Baja Bronco may be in the truck race.
Testing like this? Nothing tough in the video, but they do point out that they are in Johnson Valley.

Sponsored

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t know anything about KOH, other than there are some extreme trails for extreme buggies. How tough are the trails in the “modified stock” or whatever class?

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don’t know anything about KOH, other than there are some extreme trails for extreme buggies. How tough are the trails in the “modified stock” or whatever class?
When Jeep Gladiator took on the event last year, it basically got shredded. Fenders, gone. Tail lights, gone. Tailgate smashed. Doors smashed.

Gladiator-22.jpg

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Everybody runs the same course, as far as I'm aware.

It's a combination of high speed desert sections and very technical rock sections.