Sponsored

CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't want to beat a dead horse here, but I just want to clear up the air on a question regarding Cactus Grey. Initially, it seems everyone had so many questions surrounding that iconic sea foamish green hue in the color. However, I've now seen it circling around that the greenish hue was just a preproduction version of the color and is in reality just fighter jet grey (the flat grey we see on the mustang, which contains no green tint at all).

I can't seem to get confirmation on which direction the color is in reality because I called my dealer this morning to ask and he said "it's a unique color to the bronco and a greenish hue'" as originally suspected.

Again, I just want a straight answer on whether this color is that green hue that's been floating around since the beginning or just the flat grey we see on the mustang?

I can't be the only one noticing conflicting information concerning the color and I'm having a hard time trusting pictures for obvious reasons.

Any takes on this?

Edit: didn't see the massive thread with this debate already circling before posting haha. Nice to see I'm in good company.
The color does have some green, hence the name. The trickiest thing about this color is its variance based on lighting conditions. At times it is more gray and others the green hue is more pronounced. Basically it is a paint chameleon. Hopefully as we get closer to the Build and Price going live, we will see more photos of all the paint colors.

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone that wants to see the cactus gray in real life can see a bronco Sport near the grove city outlets. Saw this beside the timber creek restaurant just up the road from the outlets. F-150 is having a dealer event this week at the outlets and it is probably a trainer driving it. I asked and no one was sure if any broncos would be there.

IMG_20200927_144604.jpg
Sorry, I got distracted with that little sticker that has to be pulled off!

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The color does have some green, hence the name.
Do we know that for sure? Since it is the same as fighter jet gray now according to Ford promo materials...and a fighter jet has no green hue, can we tell by the name or the early pics?

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do we know that for sure? Since it is the same as fighter jet gray now according to Ford promo materials...and a fighter jet has no green hue, can we tell by the name or the early pics?
Therer are other threads relative to color and color samples, which may help you out. I think the vehicles on this thread are far more indicative of the CG color because they are on the vehicles and in open air. If the color was only gray with no green hue, they would not have named it Cactus Gray. But to help you get a better understanding of the color and its variance, I recommend you look at the following on this thread. August 13th: there is the intro of the mustang mach 1 and the fighter gray is slightly-ever so slightly green. Check out the front of it when the ford reps are talking about it. The grille is black and the splitter is dark gray and clearly the car is not a pure gray. There are additional mach 1 replies from August 17th and 27th worthy of your attention, the 27th being on the Nurburing. These are fighter gray but the slight green hue is apparent on the video. Go through various replies from September 1, 2, 16, and 17. These show primarily the bronco sport in various lighting and angles. Again what these photos reveal is a paint color that is wholly dependent on specific conditions to look either gray or feint green. I think if you live in the PNW it will appear gray frequently and if you live in Arizona, Texas or Cali, the sun will pick up the green.

Sponsored

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry, I got distracted with that little sticker that has to be pulled off!
What? Who wouldn't want a pair of reflective orange panties on the side of their car?

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Is it possible that Cactus Gray is a different color on the Sport vs the regular Bronco? Looking at the 360 Colorizer, the regular Bronco definitely has a green hue. The Sport's 360 Colorizer looks straight gray. I know it's all rendered images but it would explain the discrepancies seen so far.

https://www.ford.com/content/dam/vd...360/cactus-grey/u725_21_cactus_grey_env_5.jpg

https://www.ford.com/content/dam/vd...ray/cx430_ext_360_badlands_cactus_grey_31.jpg
At this point, nobody external from Ford has seen a production vehicle in the color. That includes Bronco, Sport, Ranger or Mustang.

One-off hand-painted showcase models and pre-production test rigs yes. But as far as an actual production-assembly-line vehicle in Cactus Gray, no.

Ford also hasn't released the production color code and composition of the Cactus Gray paint. (2021 Bronco paint codes).

Orbiter

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At this point, nobody external from Ford has seen a production vehicle in the color. That includes Bronco, Sport, Ranger or Mustang.

One-off hand-painted showcase models and pre-production test rigs yes. But as far as an actual production-assembly-line vehicle in Cactus Gray, no.

Ford also hasn't released the production color code and composition of the Cactus Gray paint. (2021 Bronco paint codes).
I wonder if that indicates they still haven't finalized the color?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
They probably have. It's reallllllllly late in the process if they haven't sorted out the color fully.

My guess would be that Ford has the color sorted out and the manufacturer hasn't released the chemical composition yet.

For all the bitching and moaning about delays with B&P, or manufacturing (and soon to be bitching and moaning about delivery time), you have to remember that they are ramping up to pump out about 800 Broncos PER DAY. That's about $32,000,000 worth of vehicles. Daily. Cannot imagine the global supply chain and manufacturing might required to pump that volume of cars out.

Then Timmy and Bertha in McTwigville are going to feel victimized that "their" car is 2 days late and Ford isn't capable of servicing their customers.....

Sponsored

SpecOpsHippie

Wildtrak
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali 2500HD, Audi Q5, Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I like what others would probably call bland colors on my off-roaders. (Also like plain steelies). The cactus gray has appeared green and blue in a lot of pics and Precluded me from leaving it in my list. Then I see these pics on a bronco sport forum and I’m back in!

41DCAACC-88D1-4DA9-94B3-B4654B21BFDE.jpeg

A4F387AB-4DC1-42BE-82A7-1E5163FDA909.jpeg

AF5AFD2E-1170-4D16-B007-4914CCFE2724.jpeg

Go_Galt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Me liking Cactus Gray is 100% dependent on it having green hues as suggested in all of the initial reveal photos from Ford.

If it turns out to be just gray, I'm out.

SpecOpsHippie

Wildtrak
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali 2500HD, Audi Q5, Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Me liking Cactus Gray is 100% dependent on it having green hues as suggested in all of the initial reveal photos from Ford.

If it turns out to be just gray, I'm out.
A real green would be my first choice. Some of the green we see in the pics looks pastel to me and makes me lament not having a real green. Unsure at this point what it will look like. You have seen the threads with this pic right?

And does your handle refer to John Galt?

97E67AC3-9212-492A-B496-D660DB40AF2C.jpeg
Sponsored