First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kia Telluride, 2012 Caravan
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Remember,the 4-door and 35's with a 2.3 will not be as quick as the ranger 2.3 with 35's,,,,,, more so loaded with people and options. I will say, if you can tune it, it will help. I do agree with you, it will not be a slow dog........ I I was getting a 3-door, the 2.3 would be fine...... the 2.7 in a 2-door, will get it!

But the 4 door with the 2.7, will get up....... no doubt
Is it a race? Seriously, I raced sportbikes and am selling a motorcycle now. Makes me keep reassessing what exactly am I doing with my bronco 80% of the time...hmmm

Oy yeah, I am carting kids somewhere or grabbing curbside order my wife said to pick up. Talking myself into the realization that I no longer have a daily commute and even so, the “extreme” capabilities of this or a Jeep are just not that important to me. Occasional camping/fishing/trails, yep. But my minivan handles that now. Go further, indeed. But how much so and how often is m elephant in the room.
Sponsored

TOWMA8R

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ECOBOOST F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is it a race? Seriously, I raced sportbikes and am selling a motorcycle now. Makes me keep reassessing what exactly am I doing with my bronco 80% of the time...hmmm

Oy yeah, I am carting kids somewhere or grabbing curbside order my wife said to pick up. Talking myself into the realization that I no longer have a daily commute and even so, the “extreme” capabilities of this or a Jeep are just not that important to me. Occasional camping/fishing/trails, yep. But my minivan handles that now. Go further, indeed. But how much so and how often is m elephant in the room.
Don't think I said it was a race, its just terms.... but yes, for some, speed or quickness plays a roll in what they buy to drive. All this from a person who has been in the drag race scene for many years.... so, IMO and in Yours (y)

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm assuming that is with 3.73 rear too?
Something to keep in mind is the Ranger likely had 3.73’s in it. A bronco with 35’s and the 2.3 should be on 4.70’s with the Sasquatch. That’s going to be a pretty major difference (positively) in acceleration.
Ranger 2.3 w/35's. Most bronco's will be geared significantly lower. Meaning even better performance.

As I recall :rolleyes: .... EDIT: my recollection was way off...

Last edited:

deejaybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Fast search, found that F150 is lighter than Bronco !!
Correct me if I'm wrong
2020 Ford F-150 XL Regular Cab 6.5' box 2.7L EcoBoost V6 4x4 - 4436 curb weight
Base Ford Bronco 2 door M/T with 2.3L - 4330 curb weight approx
Base Ford Bronco 2 door A/T with 2.3L - 4965 curb weight approx
Base Ford Bronco 4 door M/T with 2.3L - 4500 curb weight approx
Base Ford Bronco 4 door A/T with 2.3L - 5100 curb weight approx

Last edited:

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Remember,the 4-door and 35's with a 2.3 will not be as quick as the ranger 2.3 with 35's,,,,,
I think it will be. Possibly even quicker. As Edgeflyer mentioned above, the Bronco will have lower gearing than the Ranger.

Sponsored

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
2020 Ford F-150 XLT 4WD SuperCrew 5.5' box w/ 2.3L - 4770 curb weight
Base Ford Bronco 2 door M/T with 2.3L - 4330 curb weight approx
Base Ford Bronco 2 door A/T with 2.3L - 4965 curb weight approx
Base Ford Bronco 4 door M/T with 2.3L - 4500 curb weight approx
Base Ford Bronco 4 door A/T with 2.3L - 5100 curb weight approx
The auto trans adds 600 lbs?! ?

combatninja

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ND Miata, Land Rover Defender 110, Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No automatic transmission on the planet adds 600 pounds to a vehicle. Unless you are toting an extra in the bed. Those weights are totally wrong. And since when can you get an F-150 with the 2.3L?

edit: I checked, you are wrong. Automatic adds 20 pounds. You are reading the spec sheet wrong. The approx. 600 lb weight difference is the entire 2-door Bronco model range spread. As in, stripped base all the way up to loaded out 'squatch. 4-door weight range is a little less of a spread, but still significant. Not sure how you can add 600 pounds to the truck with options but we don't really know how Ford got to that number. One could be with doors and roof removed and no options vs. a loaded truck with all doors and windows and loaded down with accessories like roof racks and winch for all we know.

Last edited:

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No automatic transmission on the planet adds 600 pounds to a vehicle. Unless you are toting an extra in the bed. Those weights are totally wrong. And since when can you get an F-150 with the 2.3L?
i was wondering the same thing. it's only a v6 that's in the f150. 2.7l +

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it was supposed to say auto trans and 2.7 for the heavier ones. That i would beleive.

Last edited:

rubikiller

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So this morning I went the nearest ford dealership and test drove both the Ranger 2.3 with lift kit and 35s and F150 2.7

Ranger 2.3 (lift and 35s) - so there is already a thread on this but I will state it again. The 2.3 is no slouch, when you want it to go it will go at a relatively quick pace. The 10 speed on a barely 100 mile truck was searching for gears but with automatic transmissions these day they have a thing that is call shift mapping that will map out a shift pattern based on your driving pattern, terrain, and variety of conditions. I really didn't notice that it was trying to look gears until I really focused on trying to notice it. Just let it do its thing and you will be just fine.

With the 35s and lift kit, the steering was not as responsive and required a little bit more input, the body roll was increased, and acceleration was decreased. I WANT TO BE CLEAR, I only drove a ranger with the big tires and lift kit, the 2.3 will still get up and go, I was still impressed.

F150 2.7 - ITS QUICK. I chose to try this because of the weight comparison and I see people worrying about weight, so I decided to go with the big one. From a stand still, its quick! At highway speeds, its quick. The salesman told me that when its pulling a fully loaded trailer at max capacity at 8300lbs for the 2.7 F150, it will do it but you will notice it. (Max towing for the Bronco is 3500lbs, so really no worries)
-EDIT: THE SALESMAN WAS ONLY TALKING ABOUT THE 2.7 OPTION ON THE F150. The 3.5 fully loaded at 11,000 lbs you really won't have any issues or notice as much you will with the fully loaded 2.7 at 8,300 lbs.-

My so my conclusion is that if you get the 2.3, it'll up and go for you in quick haste, with taller tires is when you will notice a performance drop because that's how real life works but it will be just fine. If you get a 2.7, you shouldn't worry about speed and power ever.
Anybody with a 2.7 ecoboost f-150 knows it'll be no issue. i haven't been a sports car guy but my 2.7 f150 is the fastest vehicle i've ever owned. it hauls. balls. you can debate the decimal points but its something like a 6 second 0-60 on a full sized crew cab truck. i tow my 20' boat like its not even there. my gas mileage mixed always sits above 20mpg. the absolute shit would be a supercharged 3.5 ecoboost like they put in the limited and raptor. the limited is the second fastest production truck ever built, and moves that truck to 60 in 5.1 seconds.

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I didn't know you can have lively debate on something like how much something weighs... did get me wondering though what mine weighs and based on some door sticker math:
2018 JLU S 3.6L softtop - ~4300 lbs (so approx same as 2dr 2.3L manual Bronco)

And that quoted range topping 4dr with AT and presumably Sasquatched with all other toys at 5100 lbs though is impressive as that is one adult passenger away from being the same weight as my 5.7L V8 powered truck.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs