stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Also, why is none of this being communicated to reservation holders? I shouldn't need to scan the web for articles when Ford should be emailing it.
If there is as much inaccurate information in the article as it appears, I commend ford for not distributing it. If they did, they would look like fools.
Sponsored

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
She did just invite me to the bronco sport training coming up.

zzcoop

Black Diamond
First Name
A-A-Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.postrockimages.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think that the cool things the marketing team are working on are special editions and colors that will all be late availability and PRESENTED during BnP. With the asterisk that they are LATE availability. TIme stamp that. You heard it hear first :)
As frustrating as that sounds, I'm hoping that's the case, and it won't be a case of seeing a tweet announcing "WHITE TOPS FOR EVERYONE EXCEPT YOU, SUCKER!!!" the day after I bring my Bronco home.

At the risk of asking a question that's maybe been asked several times over… in the event you have a first or second day reservation, and you select a "late availability" item, does your order get placed and then you just wait for the availability of said item, OR… is your order shelved by the dealer and not placed UNTIL said item becomes available?

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

bronchalen84

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...4WjS9RGdGvUyF8MVAFDzmgsIVGuI1NOrWLgHzrUHo77WI

From the article:

Build and price just days away
In mid-October, Ford is planning to allow Bronco reservation-holders into the system and custom design their two-door or four-door Bronco. This is known as the build, price and spec process. Official orders will need to be placed by the end of January 2021 and at that point, buyers will select their dealer of choice.

During this process, the order program will suggest nearby dealers based on the ZIP Code of the customer. In a twist, the customers will choose their dealers rather than the dealers getting a big inventory and inviting people to shop in the first year.
I’m going for a wellness exam so I can hopefully be around for my new Bronco. I’m 50 more shades of grey since launch day

Reactions: N3T

Sponsored

Evilriderobx

Outer Banks
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That would be the ONLY good part of the article.. IF we could select dealer of our choice by January 2021... Too bad that ISN'T true... unless Ford changed it.
I hope it means that we can change dealership in January instead of October

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford is probably making a pretty good choice here by making extra stuff available for late delivery. That should help them spread out the builds to make everyone happy.
I wonder what constitutes as extra

I just want a full loaded outerbanks in probably the most common color -- A51
But I also want little things like the wireless charging pad and accessories bar. Will adding little things like that set me back months? And if so, will Ford tell me before I place the order? I'd rather sooner than later and I can always get the fun toys as an Xmas gift from my wife or something

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As frustrating as that sounds, I'm hoping that's the case, and it won't be a case of seeing a tweet announcing "WHITE TOPS FOR EVERYONE EXCEPT YOU, SUCKER!!!" the day after I bring my Bronco home.

At the risk of asking a question that's maybe been asked several times over… in the event you have a first or second day reservation, and you select a "late availability" item, does your order get placed and then you just wait for the availability of said item, OR… is your order shelved by the dealer and not placed UNTIL said item becomes available?
That's how I read the article. Ford wants to reward or incentivize people for waiting.

Ideal potential scenario. Ford launches BnP and shares cool special editions with a note that they won't start building these until August 2021. I can then choose that option and lock in my pricing during the December order. I'll be at the top of the list for that special edition because of my early reservation, but am choosing to delay my Bronco until later in 2021.

100% assumption. :)

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds like a newspaper talking out their ass just to generate content with a story likely based on stuff the author read on this website.

Nailing down to mid October was a line probably generated specifically to get clicks from this website.

Nothing in that article was accurate, relax folks...

zzcoop

Black Diamond
First Name
A-A-Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.postrockimages.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's how I read the article. Ford wants to reward or incentivize people for waiting.

Ideal potential scenario. Ford launches BnP and shares cool special editions with a note that they won't start building these until August 2021. I can then choose that option and lock in my pricing during the December order. I'll be at the top of the list for that special edition because of my early reservation, but am choosing to delay my Bronco until later in 2021.

100% assumption. :)
That makes sense. And it's a scenario I'm comfortable with if it comes down to that.
Sponsored