Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It won't be. Ford has phased out LB in most other applications, and is being replaced by VB on Ranger (Bronco's factory mate) for 2021 too. This is essentially a "left over" stock of LB devoted to a percentage of the 7,000 FE units.
big mistake...I love love my LB truck. It makes me happy.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

big mistake...I love love my LB truck. It makes me happy.
It's just a natural cycle of colors - they usually tend to only last 3-4 years and get replaced after that. LB has been around since at least the 2017 model year, so it's due to be replaced.

Sponsored

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's just a natural cycle of colors - they usually tend to only last 3-4 years and get replaced after that. LB has been around since at least the 2017 model year, so it's due to be replaced.
yup. 2017 it was released. Ya, they do cycle colors, but I think we all just wish the new one would've been as royal as the Lightning Blue. I personally think that's what it is...Lightning Blue has just enough prestige and is almost a royal blue vs Velocity which doesn't leave as much depth or "moods" as Lightning Blue.

zzcoop

Black Diamond
First Name
A-A-Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.postrockimages.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had a 2013 Fusion in Deep Impact Blue (which isn't all that different than Lightning Blue to my tired old eyes) but it was a bit too dark for my taste. If given the choice, I'd go with Velocity over Lightning. Still screams plenty loud, but shouldn't be *quite* as high-maintenance.

And I think a Bronco in any shade of blue is always gonna look damn good. :cool:

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a 2013 Fusion in Deep Impact Blue (which isn't all that different than Lightning Blue to my tired old eyes) but it was a bit too dark for my taste. If given the choice, I'd go with Velocity over Lightning. Still screams plenty loud, but shouldn't be *quite* as high-maintenance.

And I think a Bronco in any shade of blue is always gonna look damn good. :cool:
hmmm, well I had a friend with a Deep Impact Blue Mustang. It was much, much darker than my Lightning Blue 350. I feel like Deep Impact Blue had a definite purple tinge too, but maybe that's just how I remember it...

zzcoop

Black Diamond
First Name
A-A-Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.postrockimages.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
hmmm, well I had a friend with a Deep Impact Blue Mustang. It was much, much darker than my Lightning Blue 350. I feel like Deep Impact Blue had a definite purple tinge too, but maybe that's just how I remember it...
Definitely darker, but I haven't had it for a few years, so I'm just going by memory and a quick image search or two. You're probably right. LB probably more or less splits the difference between DIB and VB.

Either way… they're both gonna be bitchin'.

Sponsored

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs