Sponsored

Bronco may not be eligible for Xplan ( never mind clarification received)

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I mean I've been a stock holder for awhile ( pre wanting to buy a bronco) so I'd be kinda bummed. I'd still buy it , just won't add as much shit to my build
Yea I've got it cuz of my job. I'd be bummed too. Though idk if Ford will let us have it on the FE, or if my dealer will even honor it. Been trying not to get my hopes up.

It's a nice little discount but it's nothing crazy. If not getting xplan kills the deal I'd be rethinking my finances.
Sponsored

tonyxit

Base
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I fully believed there would be x-plan before this week. Now I'm not sure according to what I've heard. I'm leaning towards no considering the person that it came from. Like a lot of things in this forum, I guess we'll wait and see, but I hope it's available.

I did ask if they could actually put the AZ & D plan price on the invoice and leave off x-plan and I got back a confirmed no that they could not leave the pricing off. But that it didn't mean it would be available.
Wanna bet?
Ya I wanna bet....I'm sure I could cover anything you could....so put on your big boy pants and put it out there.....truth is...you use your fake persona to agitate....there will be Xplan for the Bronco.....so...say what you ?

OP
OP
Ricepuddin

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea I've got it cuz of my job. I'd be bummed too. Though idk if Ford will let us have it on the FE, or if my dealer will even honor it. Been trying not to get my hopes up.

It's a nice little discount but it's nothing crazy. If not getting xplan kills the deal I'd be rethinking my finances.
At least I can still look forward to my $500 military discount ?. That'll cover part of a hard top

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has Ford ever excluded a non-limited/non-commercial vehicle from plan pricing? I expect the FE (and eventually Warthog) will be the only Broncos excluded.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ricepuddin

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has Ford ever excluded a non-limited/non-commercial vehicle from plan pricing? I expect the FE and eventually Warthog) will be the only Broncos excluded.
Yes, go look at what @JAGSarge posted earlier. It has the Fiesta S on it.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is no doubt Ford planned to offer x-Plan (see Mike Levine Tweet). They also planned to fill orders essentially in reservation order, and they changed that under dealer pressure. Maybe dealer pressure caused them to drop access to plans, so they can try to collude across dealers in local areas and make more than the X Plan payment by charging MSRP, or here in Virginia, MSRP + monster admin fees. Either way, not having it would be even better for dealers like Granger or Stephen’s, as it makes their deals MUCH better than what those who were planning to use XPlan and are now stuck at MSRP+. Hopefully Ford didn’t buckle again, but I’m not worried as I would lose little as I switched to a dealer willing to offer under invoice anyway.

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
---STOP HERE--
The response from Ford on a Pin number, used for all plans is correct.
You can only get a PIN for a vehicle in production. The Sport is in Production and being sold as we speak.
----Bronco 2 and 4 Door PINs cannot be generated now, Way, Way to Early--.

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreed... I can't believe I'm going to say this but can someone please insert Levine's tweet as proof?

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
To my knowledge, only x-plan is being discussed right now. I don't think they'd penalize employees and retirees. Just my opinion though.
Early on you had Motor Trend and others floating out there to go to MCA, pay $25 , and get the X Plan. Seemed too easy. However, I always saw it as a way to control the bad publicity of locking in customers to a dealer charging last minute ADMs. This is a lower production vehicle that will draw customers to the showroom. In a world of online buying this can bring some traffic back. If Ford screws this up it will be another step towards the collapse of brick & mortar franchises where they become test tracks and service centers. Ford had the ability to price in the X plan and at least give the appearance of allowing value shopping. - Ford and Jim Farley better be listening to this one. Thanks for the input @Kris87

Sponsored

Kris87

Wildtrak
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don’t know, they say they will ask for the PIN. I get what you are saying, but have heard that somehow they still get a rebate for an X-Plan sale if they sell the vehicle for whatever the amount, as long as it is not above X-Plan pricing, and still enter the PIN for Ford to process. Ford see it as an X-Plan sale and gets PIN, dealer gets rebate for an X-Plan sale, and whatever the bill of sale to the customer reads is between the dealer and the customer.
They don't get a rebate, but a specific commission. I guarantee you it is a violation to sell a Ford vehicle below ANY plan price. Ford has no way to verify at time of sale, but the dealer is required to fill out azdx plan price worksheet, and dealers get audited all the time for compliance. I have it in writing from Ford that it's a violation, as I specifically asked last week.

That said, dealers operate on their own accord, and it's up to Ford to verify compliance with the plan program. There's no way I'd jeopardize getting plan privileges revoked.

Here's my email....

I already know the answer to this, but I want to confirm. Under x-plan, dealers can’t sell below the actual x-plan price can they?

I keep seeing Bronco dealers advertising this all over the place.

Correct they cannot, the ad standards team will pick up on dealers doing this

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Jacksonholio

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I emailed the x-plan folks about how long it takes to get the pin and how long it's good for. The replied with this.

It's possible that they just haven't made it official yet so grain of salt

Screenshot_20201001-081607.png
Just sent a tweet to Mike Levine. Let's all just wait out an answer.

OP
OP
Ricepuddin

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

---STOP HERE--
The response from Ford on a Pin number, used for all plans is correct.
You can only get a PIN for a vehicle in production. The Sport is in Production and being sold as we speak.
----Bronco 2 and 4 Door PINs cannot be generated now, Way, Way to Early--.
I emailed asking for clarification, ill post the reply.

Raz4back

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They don't get a rebate, but a specific commission. I guarantee you it is a violation to sell a Ford vehicle below ANY plan price. Ford has no way to verify at time of sale, but the dealer is required to fill out azdx plan price worksheet, and dealers get audited all the time for compliance. I have it in writing from Ford that it's a violation, as I specifically asked last week.

That said, dealers operate on their own accord, and it's up to Ford to verify compliance with the plan program. There's no way I'd jeopardize getting plan privileges revoked.

Here's my email....

I already know the answer to this, but I want to confirm. Under x-plan, dealers can’t sell below the actual x-plan price can they?

I keep seeing Bronco dealers advertising this all over the place.

Correct they cannot, the ad standards team will pick up on dealers doing this
Man, Granger has really rustled your jimmies
Sponsored