Sponsored

Bronco may not be eligible for Xplan ( never mind clarification received)

Kris87

Wildtrak
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Early on you had Motor Trend and others floating out there to go to MCA, pay $25 , and get the X Plan. Seemed too easy. However, I always saw it as a way to control the bad publicity of locking in customers to a dealer charging last minute ADMs. This is a lower production vehicle that will draw customers to the showroom. In a world of online buying this can bring some traffic back. If Ford screws this up it will be another step towards the collapse of brick & mortar franchises where they become test tracks and service centers. Ford had the ability to price in the X plan and at least give the appearance of allowing value shopping. - Ford and Jim Farley better be listening to this one. Thanks for the input @Kris87
I know there's a handful of folks here that don't like anything I say, and that's perfectly fine. I'm only sharing info that I'm hearing from some folks way up the ladder. I don't have 100% knowledge it's ineligible, but it seems that it's going to be. I even heard the Mustang Club membership being a part of the reason, so that told me it had some validity. This was all told to some dealers yesterday after discussion of the DIO plan, so I know it was discussed.

I'm just like anyone else on here wanting to discuss thoughts, rumors, plans, etc....I'm not doing business with one person on this forum.
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They don't get a rebate, but a specific commission. I guarantee you it is a violation to sell a Ford vehicle below ANY plan price. Ford has no way to verify at time of sale, but the dealer is required to fill out azdx plan price worksheet, and dealers get audited all the time for compliance. I have it in writing from Ford that it's a violation, as I specifically asked last week.

That said, dealers operate on their own accord, and it's up to Ford to verify compliance with the plan program. There's no way I'd jeopardize getting plan privileges revoked.

Here's my email....

I already know the answer to this, but I want to confirm. Under x-plan, dealers can’t sell below the actual x-plan price can they?

I keep seeing Bronco dealers advertising this all over the place.

Correct they cannot, the ad standards team will pick up on dealers doing this
That makes sense. I assume then that they aren’t processing these as XPlan orders in that case, but just offering an additional savings to those who could use XPlan to make it worth it to them and draw them in. Good move on their part.

OP
OP
Ricepuddin

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just so everyone is clear , I want to be wrong or miss reading this email. I did have coffee before posting this, but maybe I have so 2020 pessimistic glasses on

Kris87

Wildtrak
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Man, Granger has really rustled your jimmies
Negative. It's just misinformation and I think people should know. What's wrong with people knowing how plan deals work?

ct1975

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2020 Navigator, 2002 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I already know the answer to this, but I want to confirm. Under x-plan, dealers can’t sell below the actual x-plan price can they?

@Granger Ford ...care to comment for those of us expecting to take advantage of your advertised deal: $1300 under invoice for X-Plan eligible customers?

Sponsored

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I asked out top 3 tweeters to do just that yesterday. @tshaw2009 , @BroncBro & @Xodric . I know 2 of them did, but I don't think Levine ever responded to them.
You are correct. I have not received a response from Mike Levine at this point. I doubt he will to be completely honest. He's only ever responded to me like twice.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
They don't get a rebate, but a specific commission. I guarantee you it is a violation to sell a Ford vehicle below ANY plan price. Ford has no way to verify at time of sale, but the dealer is required to fill out azdx plan price worksheet, and dealers get audited all the time for compliance. I have it in writing from Ford that it's a violation, as I specifically asked last week.

That said, dealers operate on their own accord, and it's up to Ford to verify compliance with the plan program. There's no way I'd jeopardize getting plan privileges revoked.

Here's my email....

So the X Plan is really a fixed price plan.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Most of the time dealers will just play with their numbers anyways on all the fees so it would be easy to state a 'X' amount discount even with X plan because all the dealer is doing is dropping their "hidden" fees they would normally do. Now I know there is caps on X plan so that makes it harder, but invoice discount deals can be done without submitting the pin.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Granger Ford ...care to comment for those of us expecting to take advantage of your advertised deal: $1300 under invoice for X-Plan eligible customers?
Why would they comment on it? They offered it. They will honor it. How they do it is up to them. If I were them I wouldn’t respond to other dealers putting out this kind of thing because they are jealous Granger and others are earning orders.

Kris87

Wildtrak
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That makes sense. I assume then that they aren’t processing these as XPlan orders in that case, but just offering an additional savings to those who could use XPlan to make it worth it to them and draw them in. Good move on their part.
Yes, I agree that you could work it as a non x-plan deal, but you cannot advertise it. It's specifically why he mentioned the ad standards team. All dealers "should" adhere to specific ad guidelines that Ford puts out. We just got new ones this year.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, I agree that you could work it as a non x-plan deal, but you cannot advertise it. It's specifically why he mentioned the ad standards team. All dealers "should" adhere to specific ad guidelines that Ford puts out. We just got new ones this year.
Do those ad standards apply to message board postings, or just paid ads?

Kris87

Wildtrak
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes it is 100% fixed, no different than the employee plans. Unlike other OEM's, like CDJR, that allow you to sell under the plan price and still receive the commission. Ford does not allow any deviation at all.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The other things that come into play which wont be an issue on the Bronco is incentive deals etc. I bought my last truck not using x plan because you cant usually stack x plan plus all the incentives and in cases stated here if the dealer is offering its own discounts. Sometimes x plan is better other times its not. I think the Bronco is going to be a Yes on x plan benefits.

mikeandmiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-350 Platinum, '16 Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Isn't the Granger deal only an additional $300 off if you have Xplan? So their deal isn't Xplan dependant except for the $300, it's still $1000 below invoice unless I'm not understanding their deal correctly.

$300 isn't that big a deal on a $50-60K vehicle.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Isn't the Granger deal only an additional $300 off if you have Xplan? So their deal isn't Xplan dependant except for the $300, it's still $1000 below invoice unless I'm not understanding their deal correctly.
That’s right. If dealers did push to force the removal of plan access, it won’t really effect Granger customers much...and it will give them another avalanche of orders form those who had planned to use the various plans.
Sponsored