Sponsored

Bronco may not be eligible for Xplan ( never mind clarification received)

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I emailed the x-plan folks about how long it takes to get the pin and how long it's good for. The replied with this.

It's possible that they just haven't made it official yet so grain of salt

Screenshot_20201001-081607.png
Mike Levine already said x-plan will work and so did my dealer. The bronco is not a speciality car where the x-plan couldn't be used.
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would say dealers are shooting themselves in the foot by screwing consumers like this, but probably 90% of reservation holders aren't aware of the Granger/Stephens deal, so won't care.
You would be surprised to find out how many dealers just don't care. Our group has spoken to a ton of dealers on the East Coast. And quite a few come back and say "There is no reason to discount the Bronco, it's going to sell no matter what". And even when we fire back with "We are handing you 100 sales, which even at $500 profit (if they discount for us), is still $50k in PROFIT", they come back and say "Yeah, not interested".

And yet they wonder why we hate most dealers!

chrtra1

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You would be surprised to find out how many dealers just don't care. Our group has spoken to a ton of dealers on the East Coast. And quite a few come back and say "There is no reason to discount the Bronco, it's going to sell no matter what". And even when we fire back with "We are handing you 100 sales, which even at $500 profit (if they discount for us), is still $50k in PROFIT", they come back and say "Yeah, not interested".

And yet they wonder why we hate most dealers!
Yep, spoke to a couple guys that still work at a SoCal dealer I used to work at. Told them about some of the deals going on and that Kearney Mesa Ford was pulling reservations away from them. Sales didn't care, they had enough people on the hook willing to pay above msrp that letting some slip away didn't matter to them.

OP
OP
Ricepuddin

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

how would I obtain an X-Plan PIN, is this an option on the shareholder relations website?
Yes if you have at least 100 shares for a minimum of 6 months , it's on the website. You have to fill out a form and show proof of holding the stock ( not sure what they want for that).

OP
OP
Ricepuddin

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mike Levine already said x-plan will work and so did my dealer. The bronco is not a speciality car where the x-plan couldn't be used.
You're dealership doesn't know more than the shareholder relations department at ford corporate office. Ford has limited x plan on at least one other volume production car ( it's been discussed in this thread). Things change during corporate shake ups like what ford is going through now.

Also as stated I asked for clarification and will post what they say.

Sponsored

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I contacted Capital Ford in Carson City NV where my res is and they said they are pricing at MSRP, no X-Plan. Just starting to research dealers in the NorCal/NV area who might be honoring discounted pricing but just an FYI. Any others looking for NorCal/Western NV Ford dealers with great pricing?

One of the reasons I am moving away from Carson city.... taking Granger’s October surprise..?

OP
OP
Ricepuddin

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You're dealership doesn't know more than the shareholder relations department at ford corporate office. Ford has limited x plan on at least one other volume production car ( it's been discussed in this thread). Things change during corporate shake ups like what ford is going through now.

Also as stated I asked for clarification and will post what they say.
True, but the bronco is not a speciality vehicle so I highly doubt it will be excluded

OP
OP
Ricepuddin

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

True, but the bronco is not a speciality vehicle so I highly doubt it will be excluded
There was nothing special about the Fiesta S either and it was excluded.

I am sure I won't hear back until tomorrow, but when I do I'll post the reply

Sponsored

Rkeally

Badlands
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of the reasons I am moving away from Carson city.... taking Granger’s October surprise..?
Yeah, they were not very helpful on the phone with my questions, kind of vague and with a 'take it or leave it' attitude. Granger offer is enticing, just trying to factor the transport cost and whether it's worth it..

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My advice - talk to your dealer and have a contingency plan in writing in case you can't use X-plan.

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco is not available
Wow... What?
I hope this is not the case because I have the A plan. And for sure no A plan it no X plan.
Since the Bronco is not available, it does not show up on the A/X/Z site and is not listed as qualifying for the plan. The Bronco Sport pricing is available and is listed in the plan. Currently the Sport FE qualifies for A/X/Z. Since the Bronco won't be available until mid to late next year for most, generating a pin will end up expiring by the time of delivery. It is expected that the Bronco will be available for A/X/Z pricing once the B&P is up but some dealers expect the Bronco FE might not qualify. If you expect to get XPlan pricing via family/friends connection make sure you stay on good terms for a while.

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

When’s everyone generating their Xplan pin?

I remember it saying something taking two months?