Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It seems the 2 largest top suppliers are Webasto and Bestop. I think both will be Ford OEM suppliers. I also saw this one from Clearlidz that offer a panoramic front insert. I emailed them and asked if there would be one for Bronco and they replied right away and said it's on their radar and to stay tuned.
https://clearlidz.com/
Interesting, more to consider now, especially if the rear is already pre-wired for the wiper and washer pump.
Sponsored

AwfulAddie

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pathfinder
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My mom and I are reserving "matching" OBXs, she is getting the 2 door and I'll be getting the 4 door, mostly because it may be my daily driver...

Maybe I am blind but I can't seem to figure out if I can get it with the marine vinyl seats and hose out floor, which is VERY important to me. Can anybody tell me if that will be possible?

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, I am late to the game and don't have the time to read 36 pages of posts...

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Who else is on the list for an outer banks?

The wife and I put in for an oxford white 4 door. We plan on getting the 2.7 and the high package. Im a sucker for that huge 12 inch screen.

Oh and of course the modular black hard top roof.
Thought about it, but I don't like the matching trim and top. Since I'm only interested in the Mid package and 2.7L and the modular HT, I'm going with the Big Bend and add these options which will be cheaper than the Outerbanks with the same options.

TankCommander

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Type R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My mom and I are reserving "matching" OBXs, she is getting the 2 door and I'll be getting the 4 door, mostly because it may be my daily driver...

Maybe I am blind but I can't seem to figure out if I can get it with the marine vinyl seats and hose out floor, which is VERY important to me. Can anybody tell me if that will be possible?

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, I am late to the game and don't have the time to read 36 pages of posts...
I think cloth seats and carpet are standard.

Leather seats are optional.

I don't see what you're looking for. We will know more shortly when the build application goes live.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

From what I've seen, the vinyl seats are not a standard or an option on Outer Banks. You get cloth with the ability to upgrade to leather. If the vinyl is critical, you'll need to look at Black Diamond or Badlands. Black Diamond won't let you get High or Lux packages if that matters. Badlands has a lot more heavy-duty off-road equipment standard.

Sponsored

AwfulAddie

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pathfinder
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

From what I've seen, the vinyl seats are not a standard or an option on Outer Banks. You get cloth with the ability to upgrade to leather. If the vinyl is critical, you'll need to look at Black Diamond or Badlands. Black Diamond won't let you get High or Lux packages if that matters. Badlands has a lot more heavy-duty off-road equipment standard.
Timhood- Thanks for the help clarifying this.

But seriously am I the only one who thinks it is ridiculous that Ford wouldn't offer the MARINE vinyl on the OBX trim, especially after seeing the pic of one all decked out with a fishing pole holder!! And when you can get it on the trim above and below the OBX...
Maybe this will change when the B&P comes out

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't know why Ford would not offer the Outer Banks with a manual - like with ALL the other models (with the exception of only the FE). I would have to believe that there would be more of us (me for sure) who would be willing to upgrade from the Big Bend to the Outer Banks if it was only available with a manual . Maybe Ford thinks that the Outer Banks buyers wouldn't know how to shift their own gears on their way to the Mall. :rolleyes:

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't know why Ford would not offer the Outer Banks with a manual - like with ALL the other models (with the exception of only the FE). I would have to believe that there would be more of us (me for sure) who would be willing to upgrade from the Big Bend to the Outer Banks if it was only available with a manual . Maybe Ford thinks that the Outer Banks buyers wouldn't know how to shift their own gears on their way to the Mall. :rolleyes:
If I were buying the bronco as a weekend toy then a manual sounds great. For me though, I will be using the bronco as a daily driver and having to shift gears while sitting in traffic for an hour each day sounds terrible.

I would have preferred the big bend come with the auto standard instead of the outer banks. The high end already gets an auto with the wildtrak. They should even it out with a low end model getting it too.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It seems the 2 largest top suppliers are Webasto and Bestop. I think both will be Ford OEM suppliers. I also saw this one from Clearlidz that offer a panoramic front insert. I emailed them and asked if there would be one for Bronco and they replied right away and said it's on their radar and to stay tuned.
https://clearlidz.com/
nice!Was there any discussion of what this looked like around the edges? Like what would you seewhen viewing the side profile of the car?

hopefully they have something in white/black with a transparent insert

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For all the discussion of manual models, it will was be interesting to see the actual percentage that are sold with one. Personally, I prefer an auto off road. My LJ was a manual, worked well, I enjoyed it most of the time (other than heavy traffic) but off road? I would have preferred the auto for many situations. The 10sp in the Ford, in my experience has been great. I am still trying to figure out if I like the color matched flares and handles enough to pull the trigger on OBX. B&P.....we need you!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bronco20

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I reserved a 4 door OBX. One option I really want is the heated steering wheel because I have blood circulation problems and my hands freeze in winter even with gloves. It's only available with the Lux upgrade though. I really don't want most of the other stuff in that upgrade.
Wish Ford would make that an option in the Mid or even High, but to spend all that extra for Lux for one option..

I would prefer vinyl seats too but I like cloth as well. Not a fan of leather. I think I lose the cloth option though with the Lux package right?

Knowing it would be a logistical nightmare for Ford to customize, I still wish there was a way to do so.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I reserved a 4 door OBX. One option I really want is the heated steering wheel because I have blood circulation problems and my hands freeze in winter even with gloves. It's only available with the Lux upgrade though. I really don't want most of the other stuff in that upgrade.
Wish Ford would make that an option in the Mid or even High, but to spend all that extra for Lux for one option..

I would prefer vinyl seats too but I like cloth as well. Not a fan of leather. I think I lose the cloth option though with the Lux package right?

Knowing it would be a logistical nightmare for Ford to customize, I still wish there was a way to do so.
There's always options. Won't look as seamless but could save you a pile:
https://www.bustle.com/p/the-3-best-heated-steering-wheel-covers-19766095

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still cloth in Lux per the Ford site. OBX has leather available in any of the package levels. But that's just my interpretation.

BTW, it was 38 degrees here in Detroit this morning. My heat seaters were on high and I wish I had the heated wheel on my wife's explorer. Adaptive cruise, B&O and heated steering wheel vs. 17" wheels and loosing the color matched flares and handles that I don't like on the OBX may cost me a pretty penny. Almost all of the other options are either "eewww" (Nav) or "ehh" (12" screen, evasive steering etc...). If I go LUX, I sure hope the Nav interface is better than my 2018. It is so frustrating I rarely use it over my phone/Apple play.

Last edited:

Bronco20

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Bronco20

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Still cloth in Lux per the Ford site. OBX has leather available in any of the package levels. But that's just my interpretation.

BTW, it was 38 degrees here in Detroit this morning. My heat seaters were on high and I wish I had the heated wheel on my wife's explorer. Adaptive cruise, B&O and heated steering wheel vs. 17" wheels and loosing the color matched flares and handles that I don't like on the OBX may cost me a pretty penny. Almost all of the other options are either "eewww" (Nav) or "ehh" (12" screen, evasive steering etc...). If I go LUX, I sure hope the Nav interface is better than my 2018. It is so frustrating I rarely use it over my phone/Apple play.
Okay, that's good to know. I was having a hard time figuring that out.

Totally agree about the Nav, big screen, and such. I only use my phone for nav. My Sienna has it but it was out of date within a year or two of getting it. I think Toyota said I could pay for an updated version, but why bother with constant updates if I have my phone? Then again, maybe these newer vehicles update automatically? I don't know, but it's not important to me.
Sponsored