Sponsored

Main reason you purchasing the Bronco? (POLL)

For me, I am mostly purchasing a Bronco because...

• I have love for the iconic brand BRONCO above all else!

Votes: 114 22.2%
  • I have been looking for a Jeep alternative and this is it!

Votes: 131 25.5%
  • I want to be the one in the shiniest new toy on the road!

Votes: 16 3.1%
  • I want/need a new off road vehicle and this is the best one for me!

Votes: 97 18.9%
  • I feel this is a great investment that I will capitalize on!

Votes: 5 1.0%
  • I just like the vehicle and nothing else really.

Votes: 105 20.5%
  • Other (please specify below)

Votes: 45 8.8%

• Total voters

D190065

First Edition
First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE; 2015 HD RGS; 23 F150 Tremor ordered
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I had a 77' (pictured) that I had to give up during a divorce... Worst mistake ever! Should have fought harder for my... Bronco! After hearing about the return of the new iconic version three years ago (and best kept secret ever), I've been diligently waiting and putting money away... Thank goodness I was able to be lucky to reserve a FE.
Sponsored

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I voted other. I was a mustang guy, before my focus and mazda. Have a growing family so need something bigger.

When the bronco leaks started happening it had me hook line and sinker. It was like ford pulled of inception because it just occupied a spot in my brain. The original broncos are cool but honestly never did anything for me. I would never drive a jeep and off roading is totally new to me. This vehicle just has something that draws me to it, it makes me want to start offroading, and get outdoors more.

This is pretty much my reason too. I never liked Jeeps. Although I do like older Toyota FJ40s and vintage off roaders like that.

I have been wanting to go on more running trails, hiking, camping and taking my son out more. I also wanted a bit more utility.

I was set on a Mach-E, but was worried about taking it off road and wasn't 100% sold on never driving a manual again.

When the Bronco came out I really liked it, it came in a manual, and seemed like a truck that I didn't really have to worry about. It checked off all boxes, especially styling. The top coming off is a big plus.

The only thing that kinda bugs me is the MPG, I'm assuming low 20's. But really, I don't drive much and my wife can get an electric car that we can drive around town and for her long commute.

But yeah, its crazy. Ford has nailed the aesthetic, and it really draws you in. I think this will be a very popular vehicle.

Kogi

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thats the most level poll I've seen yet on this forum.

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm a Ford guy but also loved most of the Broncos over the generations. My DDs were never the exciting versions. I loved my Focus' over the years but I kick myself now for not getting an RS or at least an ST. The Bronco for me will have more of exciting factor since it will be a manual and the removing of doors and roof. I love the look of the Bronco and plus the manual makes it a winning choice for my new DD.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really wanted a Sport Badlands as an overland vehicle, spec'ed it out and was happy.... until I found out it can't be towed, at all, total fail Ford! So.... next best option is the full size Bronco!

Sponsored

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had the dealership take my info for when a used 982 Boxster S or 718 Boxster S came in, but the Bronco got revealed! I’m all in on that. If not for the Bronco I would be pretty tempted to trade my F80 M3 in for the new G80 M3. That thing is sick! Giant grilles and all!
I like the looks on the F80, I hate those too big grills on the new models, I've been wanting a Porsche before the Bronco was released, after release, I liked the car, still looking for a Porsche but the 2014 base is my max budget at the same time I am looking for 560SL or 996 to enjoy on weekends and possibly longterm investment If I end getting one of those three (Boxster, 911, and 560SL ) then I'll have to downgrade to a 2-Door base Bronco instead of 4- Door BB with $5k worth of options.

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Currently have an ‘07 FJ Cruiser. It’s the first car I’ve ever had. It unfortunately broke down last November when I was driving home for Thanksgiving. It’s been fixed since then, but this was the turning point when I decided to start looking for a new car.

Initially I was looking at Wranglers, but wanted something that’s different and that not a lot of people have. Too many of my friends and family have or had Wranglers or the Jeep brand. One of the first reasons why I got my FJ. In July my girlfriend sent me the link of the new Bronco and suggested I look at it. I was instantly hooked.

I’m aiming to get a 4dr Badlands, V6, towing, hardtop, and the mid package. I’ll be able to save money and do the things I’ve always wanted to do with the FJ that I never got to. Like car enhancements/upgrades, road trips, and trail riding (I’m a wose and don’t really want to do insane off roading trails), and camp/overland. Really looking forward to this car. Reserved it the first week in August and don’t mind waiting late Fall-Winter of 2021 or into 2022 (if it takes that long). It’ll actually help me save more for it.

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a Bronco. It's offered with a manual transmission. It's not a Jeep.

ELS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The life of my 2005 mustang is drawing to an end at 206,000 miles and I need to start planing my next move:

-I’m planning on being a mom soon, a 4 door vehicle is more practical

-vehicle image/ego is a big deal

-I don’t have a big budget, $40,000 is pushing it

-My husband and I come from Ford families, and he can do basic work Ford vehicles

-I’m a first responder, so it’s more practical to have a lifted vehicle to get through flood waters or curb hop

-a raptor is out of budget

Sponsored

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
My daughter has often talked about getting a "Blue Jeep" to drive when she got her first vehicle.
We got her a hand-me-down 2010 Malibu to drive. My research led me to the conclusion that Jeep was high maintenance, and high insurance and would cost a lot even for a 5+ year old one.

Skip ahead a couple of years and I really want an Anti-Matter Blue Bronco.

Last edited:

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mentioned somewhere out here before, considered the jeep but couldn't pull the trigger. Wanted a FJ Cruiser but they quit making them. Glad Bronco was announced - this is a no brainer, good timing. Grew up with Ford products in the family. Looking forward to some exploring and camping in the Bronco.

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Midlife crisis.

Father in Law worked for Ford. Wife had a Bronco in the driveway as a kid. Her favorite car ever.

I've always wanted a Jeep. Couldn’t justify cost and needed a family vehicle. Kids are a little older now.

I’m a Scout volunteer. My boy is headed into the older division, about to leave Cubs behind. Time to have something fun to get us to fun places:)

I’m done with city life - time to see the great outdoors

Really, is there any better ride for an epic road trip?

SpecOpsHippie

Wildtrak
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali 2500HD, Audi Q5, Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I always associated a certain stance with off-road performance. The balance (weight on each wheel), ground clearance etc was easily and cheaply attained with Jeeps. The association with that stance and look usually meant better performance too. But, the FCA engine was a “high revver” vs a “low grunter”. Then new Bronco comes and it appears I can get all that with a factory warranty. Unlike some here I hated what Bronco became in the 80, 90s. An off-roader designed by committee.
Keep the weight balanced and build a good product Ford! It can still be screwed up like the defender so “noses to the grindstone”.
Sponsored