Aws
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bronco can look badass without 35's. Its not about the size of tire its more about the lift and how aggressive the tires and wheels look. Example below, this truck has 31' tires and look badass. (Btw I'm not big fan of GM)

Ford Bronco New preproduction Broncos off the line: Area 51, Cyber Orange, Rapid Red, Iconic Silver, Race Red, Soft Top 2021-Chevrolet-Colorado-ZR2-desert-video-ad-race-002

Sponsored

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What kind of lights do they use in the production area? Those are gonna affect the way the paints look. The whiter the light, the more blue that A51 is gonna look, I suspect. This is the trick with these paints. I think we've seen enough examples where different light makes their tones change in vastly different ways (black, white and silver notwithstanding).

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Contrary to a previous comment, I’ve been hesitant on OB due to the matching fender flares but this pic of the cyber orange is actually changing my mind!
Definitely needs more aggressive tires though...
I agree, you take the cheap black plastic off of it and add the color matched items and it goes from a plastic Hot Wheel to a real truck.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco New preproduction Broncos off the line: Area 51, Cyber Orange, Rapid Red, Iconic Silver, Race Red, Soft Top 1601611231655

Looks like Ford is setting it up to have a mixed production line with Broncos and Rangers mixed together. This will be great for adjusting the amount of one vs. the other and not waste capacity.

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Area 51 Black Diamond
Cyber Orange Outer Banks (MIC Black hardtop)
Race Red Badlands
Rapid Red (with soft top)
Iconic Silver Base

View attachment 42805 View attachment 42806 View attachment 42807 View attachment 42808 View attachment 42809 View attachment 42810
OBSERVATIONS

Outer Banks:. So many things not to like. Unfinished looking gap between the running boards and body, can easily see unused screw holes. Tires & bumper look whimpy. Body colored fender flares and mirrors - yuck.

Badlands:. 33" tires look better than any other, including Squatch (too big) 35s. Optional beadlock rims with carbonized beauty ring looks fantastic! (Squatch is black) BL recently because my #1 trim.

Black Diamond: Realize now the bumper & rock rail add tremendously to the aggressive look I want. General Grabbers look good, can upgrade to bigger when they wear out. Poor man's BL. #2 trim

Cyber Orange:. Was my #1 color, just dropped to #3? - edit: 1 hour later, CO back in top 2 w/CG.

Area 51:. Wasn't on my radar, now firmly in top 2 - edit: A51 now tied for #3 w/OW. How fickle am I?

Race Red:. Way better than Rapid Red! - I'm not getting red.

Last edited:

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What kind of lights do they use in the production area? Those are gonna affect the way the paints look. The whiter the light, the more blue that A51 is gonna look, I suspect. This is the trick with these paints. I think we've seen enough examples where different light makes their tones change in vastly different ways (black, white and silver notwithstanding).
Looks like all of the vehicles are directly underneath fluorescent lights with LED’s on the outer perimeter except for the iconic silver which looks to be directly under and around only LED’s. Not sure of the brightness level of these lights though.

Last edited:

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OBSERVATIONS

Cyber Orange:. Was my #1 color, just dropped to #3?

Area 51:. Wasn't on my radar, now firmly in top 2

Race Red:. Way better than Rapid Red! I'm not getting red.

Outer Banks:. So many things not to like. Unfinished looking gap between the running boards and body, can easily see unused screw holes. Tires & grill look whimpy. Body colored fender flares and mirrors - yuck.

Badlands:. 33" tires look better than any other, including Squatch (too big) 35s. Optional beadlock rims with carbonized beauty ring (Squatch is black) look fantastic! BL recently because my #1 trim.

Black Diamond: Realize now the bumper & rock rail add tremendously to the aggressive look I want. General Grabbers look good, can upgrade to bigger when they wear out. Poor man's BL. #2 trim
Agree on most observations with the exception of the OBX grille. It is identical to the grille on the white over CG prototype, but on the prototype it is silver. And in silver it looks much different than in glossy black. At this point I don't think they will offer silver as an option. On the fence of getting an AM or painting the OBX grille silver.
Sponsored