Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None... hurry up Ford!
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When this is all done and over with, at some point, I highly anticipate the words "John from Stephens" and "Stephens Auto Center" to be used as an example of "how to" handle these new vehicle reservations that other manufacturers go with.

Speaking of which, if any of the manufacturers want me to give a presentation on ethics and morals in today's dealerships, contact my dealer principle, I am sure he'll be happy to contract me out for seminars ;p
John, you & Al from Granger deserve medals for being so hands-on. You both have provided so much help & clarity to the people on this forum (beyond just deal discounts). You both are huge resources.

Thanks (y)
Sponsored

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A few minutes ago I spoke with John Holstein at Stephens Auto Center. He answered a few questions that I had. After speaking with Mr Holstein, I called the Ford Marketing Department (1-800-334-4375) and switched my existing Bronco reservation (Res# 10189xxx dated 7/14) to Stephens Auto Center. It took less than 2 minutes to switch my reservation. I am looking forward to doing business with Stephens Auto Center as soon as the ordering process opens. I plan to have my order spec’d out shortly after B&P goes live. With my relatively early reservation time stamp, I am hoping for a relatively early delivery. ( hopefully my order will not include any delayed delivery options )
2door Wildtrak - Carbonized Gray
California Emissions Compliant
Lux Package
HD Modular Steel Bumper
Leather Seats
Towing Package
HD Steel Bash Plates
(Possibly adding Keyless Entry, 2 Inch Factory Lift, and Westin HDX Xtreme Nerf Step Bars)
(Potentially adding some additional DIO items to be determined prior to final order).
I have not finalized a decision regarding traveling to Danville WV for pickup vs having my Bronco transported from Stephens Auto Center up to me in upstate NY.

E19573CE-A070-402F-B62F-AB81066D4FD1.jpeg

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A few minutes ago I spoke with John Holstein at Stephens Auto Center. He answered a few questions that I had. After speaking with Mr Holstein, I called the Ford Marketing Department (1-800-334-4375) and switched my existing Bronco reservation (Res# 10189xxx dated 7/14) to Stephens Auto Center. It took less than 2 minutes to switch my reservation. I am looking forward to doing business with Stephens Auto Center as soon as the ordering process opens. I plan to have my order spec’d out shortly after B&P goes live. With my relatively early reservation time stamp, I am hoping for a relatively early delivery. ( hopefully my order will not include any delayed delivery options )
2door Wildtrak - Carbonized Gray
California Emissions Compliant
Lux Package
HD Modular Steel Bumper
Leather Seats
Towing Package
HD Steel Bash Plates
(Possibly adding Keyless Entry, 2 Inch Factory Lift, and Westin HDX Xtreme Nerf Step Bars)
(Potentially adding some additional DIO items to be determined prior to final order).
I have not finalized a decision regarding traveling to Danville WV for pickup vs having my Bronco transported from Stephens Auto Center up to me in upstate NY.

Ford Bronco The Plan & Offer - Stephens Auto Center's Mid Atlantic Bronco Connection E19573CE-A070-402F-B62F-AB81066D4FD1
Stephens/John are good people. I'm trying to decide on travel or delivery also. I was quoted $1050 from WV to my driveway in Daytona FL .. Delivery may be the way to go ..

Sponsored

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

John, Looking forward to working with you. Just changed my reservation to you.

Thanks for earning my business! Well done!

Ditto. John has been busy today. I just did the same! Thanks all who answered this thread to make the decision easier.

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just switched my reservation to Stephens. Since October is here I didn't want to procrastinate too long.

Yosef

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just officially switched mine today as well! Thanks for all you have done for us Stephens! Looking forward to working with you.

aternie

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We are going to place orders in the reservation timestamp order, HOWEVER, and I've done a lot of thinking about this, a lot of that will depend on the customers to make sure they B&P then order, otherwise, there's no way for us to input the information. So, that being said, that takes us to another issue, still partially dependent upon the above.

Let's say that the first 30 (I used this analogy today with a customer on the phone) reservations we have as customers, immediately place their order in the same order as the timestamps and we follow up, get the orders confirmed (unlikely, but this hypothetically speaking). Ok, now, let's skip a few and say the 40th timestamp places their order, then 31, 32, then 45. By order placement, 1-30, 40, 31, 32, 45 would be the first 34 in-line. That's not in timestamp order, that's in order-placement order.

So, my thoughts are, it would fall back to Ford to rearrange the deliveries/builds, based on the timestamps, after a certain date. Say Ford sets a deadline of Jan 14th (arbitrary and strictly hypothetical) to be the last day that orders can be placed in order to maintain positions in the build/delivery based on timestamps. So that would mean, regardless of what order the orders are received, the folks with reserves making their orders prior to Jan 14 would be guaranteed timestamp order by Ford.

The above two scenarios are possible, neither of which do we as a dealership have any real control over.

The only thing I can guarantee is, and this is STRAIGHT FROM OUR DEALER PRINCIPLE (OWNER): We will not be "picking and choosing" which orders are to be fulfilled first. We're going to do everything in our power to try and maintain the original timestamp order, which is to say, we'll not be putting one reservation in front of the other because of "friends and family" or profit potential. We know how much these vehicles mean to this community.

All of the above being said, please be patient with us when the orders are placed. We'll be swamped with orders and answering questions, there's only a select few of us at the dealership that will be handling your Bronco orders, so bear with us when the time comes to get the info to you about your new ride.

/john
Now that Ford has said in the recent email that an additional deposit may be required, will Stephens be asking for an additional deposit? Not a problem if you do (in fact I think it would be totally reasonable to expect an additional deposit). I'm just curious.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now that Ford has said in the recent email that an additional deposit may be required, will Stephens be asking for an additional deposit? Not a problem if you do (in fact I think it would be totally reasonable to expect an additional deposit). I'm just curious.
They've always been able to according to Ford, that isn't new Stephen's said said they wouldn't ask for more

From their FAQ's:

• Will Stephens Auto require a deposit for the Bronco ORDERS.
  • No. We are satisfied with the $100 reservation fee.

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Nope. AND, we're converting the "Reservation Fee" mandated by Ford to part of your down payment, rather than just accepting it as a "fee". When we say "No Gimmicks!" we mean it :)

/john

aternie

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nope. AND, we're converting the "Reservation Fee" mandated by Ford to part of your down payment, rather than just accepting it as a "fee". When we say "No Gimmicks!" we mean it :)

/john
Ford actually shows me as having paid no deposit anyway since I paid y'all directly after moving my reservation to you guys.

Evilriderobx

Outer Banks
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just switched my reservation to Stephens today after careful consideration and getting a good feeling with them over the phone. I am in Northern Virginia and 6 hours away but, I am excited to make the trip down and looking forward to working with them on this. hank you Stephens for putting this offer out there for all of us.
I am also thinking about Stephens. waiting till build and price

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stephens/John are good people. I'm trying to decide on travel or delivery also. I was quoted $1050 from WV to my driveway in Daytona FL .. Delivery may be the way to go ..
Was that delivery quote from Stephen's or one you found yourself? I am in Pensacola and would be happy to pay something in that range for a driveway delivery.
Sponsored