First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also, this is obviously factory fluorescent lighting. It will most likely look a shade darker in the sun.
I'm pretty sure Ford has switched to High intensity LED lighting now . We do Ford parts here and that was one of the requirements that we implement . We went from high bay fluorescent that was under 50 lumens per sq ft on the plant floor to LED and white painted floors/walls/ceiling that registers 550 Lumens . I would agree that you probably won't see any of these colors this light outside .
Sponsored

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's really hard to truly access a color without all of the other accent colors with it. This is one of the first decent ones of Area 51 we have seen up close in good lighting. I just wish it wasn't so close. Also, this is obviously factory fluorescent lighting. It will most likely look a shade darker in the sun.
Ford Bronco New Area 51 pic has me shook 1601724763158

Ford Bronco New Area 51 pic has me shook 1601724781247

Salem747

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17F350, 79FJ40 (R2.8), 08M3, 99Tacoma (TDI,40"s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am in the underwhelmed boat. I assumed with the Area 51 name it would be a "high tech" colour with cool effects, pearls, candy, etc.

The bodies in the yard photo and the production line photo make it look like a flat baby blue.

My mind is turning to Antimatter or one of the silvers. (All of our vehicles are silver though so was hoping to break the mold this time!)

One concern about AMB is the likelihood it will attract hillbilly pinstripes like crazy on the trail.

Last edited:

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve seen multiple preference polls that show A51 to be THE MOST popular color. I think we will see a lot of them on the streets.
Yeah, thats the only thing holding me back from going with it. I love the color.

Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am in the underwhelmed boat. I assumed with the Area 51 name it would be a "high tech" colour with cool effects, pearls, candy, etc.

The bodies in the yard photo and the production line photo make it look like a flat baby blue.

My mind is turning to Antimatter or one of the silvers. (All of our vehicles are silver though so was hoping to break the mold this time!)

One concern about AMB is the likelihood it will attract hillbilly pinstripes like crazy on the trail.
I like the color the way it is, but I agree and think they missed an opportunity. Or they shouldn’t have wasted such a cool name on this color.

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Figment

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had never considered it before but started coming around with the body frame photos. So much for me depends on white top or no.

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It looks good on the sport but it left me wanting. Once you put 35’s on a real bronco and it’s got a black top and wheels it’s going to look amazing. Cactus is my second favorite color for the 4 door. If we were getting a 2 door it would be cyber orange.
I was dead set on cactus. Like hadn’t wavered one second since my reservation. But now I’m seriously considering A51. Can’t wait to see more full body pics.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the opposite feeling from this photo. I wish it looked darker. In this photo it seems its on the lighter side closer to cactus grey. And the CO color released in this group of photos looks to yellow. So this has completely changed my choice of color on what i decide to go with.
If I get cyber Orange, I'm just telling people it's yellow. Nobody looks at that and thinks orange.

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
IMO that color looks horrible there. I think it could be the worst color offered. Oh wait, someone else said that. Perhaps the popularity of it is due to lack of colors offered and that’s it’s unique. But imo it’s not unique in a good way.

wasn’t this color supposed to be a medium blue/green enigma, hence the name. Half the time it looks like a flat pastel. Just the fact that the name Area-51 was assigned to a baby blue makes it feel like a failed paint color that I’d be living with.

OP
OP
theguda

theguda

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm hoping Area 51 has a powdery/baby/robin's egg feel to it. For some reason I keep thinking about pastel colors on hard candy from the 80's

I would love to see A51 and CG in person before I order but I'm not holding my breath. I have a feeling I'll end up with CG but if future images or an in-person view of A51 give me that 80's candy vibe...I'll most likely switch.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The spousal unit and I were dead set on Antimatter Blue until those painted body shells showed up and we were looking at those. We both started realizing we might prefer Area 51 too. Its a conundrum for sure.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
a failed paint color
that describes Most of the Bronco options
  • AMB is black...if you don't agree, you need a therapist
  • Cactus is a lie...there's absolutely zero color in it
  • the greyscale stuff is safe but boring

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm hoping Area 51 has a powdery/baby/robin's egg feel to it. For some reason I keep thinking about pastel colors on hard candy from the 80's

I would love to see A51 and CG in person before I order but I'm not holding my breath. I have a feeling I'll end up with CG but if future images or an in-person view of A51 give me that 80's candy vibe...I'll most likely switch.
Yeah, to me, Area 51 could be in the same color palette as Forest Service Green (remember when we all thought there would be a Filson Edition in that color?)
Sponsored