Sponsored

Stopped by the dealership this morning and......

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I stopped by to see if they would require anything at the time I place the order and to quiz them. I was saddened by everything that followed.

They really seemed to be out of the loop when it came to the Bronco, not to mention the salesman that is handling it was completely clueless.

I asked for some color samples and they could not provide any.

I asked about more money down when I place the order and they want $1000.

He asked if I knew what options I wanted. So I informed him that I'm leaning to the Badlands trim level but without the B&P launched it is really hard to say.

He then said that we could place the order probably in a few weeks. I just stared blankly at him and discredited anything he said from then on.

I did manage to drive a Ranger while I was there. I asked if I could drive one so I can get an idea of the 2.3 drivability and power. He told me he thinks he has a 2.3 on the lot and would look real quick. Again, blank stare. This fool sells Fords for a living and doesn't know what engine the Ranger has? WTF

Oh, and about that 2.3. It is absolutely dreadful. There is zero sense of urgency from a stop and it is less fun than drowning to drive. This new found knowledge has me rethinking everything. I have some soul searching to do.
You my friend are in need of a Reservation Transfer. The utter lack of professionalism, I.e. not knowing your product line corrodes any potential trust with a customer.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All I know is when I drove away from a stop, it seemed like it took a lot of convincing to get it to move. My ZR2, which is under powered in my opinion, flat out goes with ease as I move off a stop.

Now I don't put my foot to the floor at every stop light but it is nice to know I have power in reserve when the mood strikes me to do some spirited driving.

Bottom line for me is that I did not enjoy the drive and I would hate to spend almost $50k and not be happy when I lay the hammer down.

The 2.7 is incredible, loved it in my F150 but I my heart was set on a standard shift.
I tested a new Ranger last week also.
I can't vouch too much for the 2.3L , but I had the EXACT same experience when I tested a BRAND new 2.5 Subaru Outback....absolute DOG!!!!
When I tested a used 2.5L Outback, COMPLETELY different experience....I've owned it for 80K miles now, it works fine.

The issue is those new trannys need time to learn. Mine has had the memory wiped a time or two when I've had work done or killed the shit out of the battery, it took a bit for it to get it right again.

The Ranger when I tested it, drove just like the new Outbacks and Crosstrek I've had ..... give it a few hundred to get YOUR driving habits down and they perform very well ...you won't recognize the vehicle from those first hundred miles.

EDIT ( a few hours later) ..... : I should also add that I am getting the 7 speed , so, whatever.... just too many people are not familiar with the characteristics of these modern vehicles. I guess we traded stumbling carburators for stumbling trannys. LOL

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ajfetterman

Ajfetterman

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2, 1991 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, this 2.3 review is disheartening. I'm going to drive both motors this coming week hopefully, so we'll see if i have the same impression.

Doesn't shock me about the product knowledge aspect. It seems more and more that anything i have to buy from a salesman, i know more about it than they do.
I figured they would have little knowledge but I wanted them to have some.

wolfpackinva

Black Diamond
First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Focus, '08 E350, '13 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Auto salespeople don’t automatically equal auto enthusiasts. Majority of salespeople are just people off the street needing a quick job that requires no skills.
I once heard that those that can't do, sell.

Sponsored

Brokennose

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scout
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm Columbus, OHioas well........ What dealership was this??

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, and about that 2.3. It is absolutely dreadful. There is zero sense of urgency from a stop and it is less fun than drowning to drive. This new found knowledge has me rethinking everything. I have some soul searching to do.

that's the learning transmission causing the dreadful performance. there's something to be said for the stick, you pick the gear and go-pedal level.

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a 2.3L Ranger. The 2.3L paired with the 10 speed can shift and boost very quickly. It is actually very good at passing lane heroics. I think the manual will be even better because you can keep it in boost RPMs more deliberately.

Sponsored

Rob Stop It

Black Diamond
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Fiesta ST, '16 Rav4, '84 Silverado K30
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealer keeps calling and texting me trying to get me in for a test drive. I'm considering a switch to Leo Kaytes. I qualify for x-plan through my job and put over 20k on my cars per year. The warranty might save me more than any additional money off the top end. Plus they know what a Bronco is...

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I bought my Boss 302, the salesman knew it was above a GT and that’s about it. His boss though, the main honcho knew all about it. Now, 6 years later if I drive it onto a dealership, by the time I leave there’s a few employees by it. They tell me they will give me a good deal on a trade in. I laugh and walk away.

I’m in sales and understand not everyone knows everything, and as long as a dealership is respectful and honest I’ll consider them. They need to let me drive it before I buy it, if they don’t know an answer they say I don’t know but I’ll find out. And, have to be honest on pricing as well.

YetiBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That has always bugged me about OEM dealers, you sell ONE line of cars, how come you haven’t taken an hour and read a brochure at least! I have purchased a lot of special edition vehicles and every single time I knew more about the features than the sales people. It’s refreshing to know there are some ford dealers out there that actually post overview videos and FAQs on new vehicles. Unfortunately there are not a lot of them.
That has been my experience as well salesmen that don’t know shit.