Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It would be cool if someone programed a "launch mode" like the Volkswagon R32 had. Seems like the 2.7 with the right AWD traction settings and tires could get off the line pretty quick.
We definitely need to give some input to Ford Performance! That would be too cool! With the torque that it has and the AWD.. I think it’d give us a nice hard launch!
Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

0-60? How about 0-160?
Ford Bronco 0-60 Times Slammed-2021-Ford-Bronco-With-Ford-GT-Engine-001

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Stock? I would say 6-7 like everyone else is guessing. HOWEVER, the potential for this particular motor is fantastic.

With stock everything and a 93 octane tune you can get 370hp/450tq. I would say a solid 5.5 second 0-60 with this tune.

Want more? Upgrade the turbos and a few supporting mods like intercooler, downpipe, air filter, exhaust. You can expect about 450hp/500tq (more than factory raptor power, because i am talking rwhp not flywheel hp) on 93 pump fuel. This should bring you into the low 5 or high 4 second range.

Want even more? Run those same mods with an e30 or e50 blend and you are pushing 540hp/550tq. Expect low 4 second 0-60.

Not enough for you (this might be my eventual build) put a wrecked 3.0 ecoboost (same engine with bigger stroke and bore) and add those same mods. Expect 520hp on 93 pump fuel.

I am looking to buy a 3.0 motor to build as a project and likely going to bore it out as big as I can, somewhere around the 3.5 mark.... should be close to 700hp on pump fuel with mods.

Obviously all these numbers GREATLY depend on gearing, weight, tire sizes, driver, altitude, etc.

The best part of this is that these motors are pretty rad. Port and direct injection help it to never starve for fuel.

Last edited:

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately, the Bronco (4dr 2.7 Auto) weighs very close to the F150 Super Crew 4x4 2.7 auto from what I have researched. Depending on final specs, it looks like about 2-300 lbs. less? Still makes it pretty quick and for those worried about no V8- stock vs. stock it should handily beat the Coyote F150 to 60 and 1/4 mile. I have the 2.7, 3.55 gears Super Crew F150 and it is a hoot. It can spin the tires on a roll (a bit) and it pulls hard to about 90 and still holds its own to the speed limiter. Sport mode is pretty fun to blast around too. It’s actually a consideration for me in deciding on options. It should be enough fun on the street to want a tire something a bit more A/T biased.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Then, when I put huge tires on it, it should be even faster (each revolution gives you more distance travelled).
The Bronco lives it’s life a quarter mile at a time.......
I'm just going to add tires with a circumference of a quarter-mile and beat everybody!!!

Sponsored

SupremoSombrero

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Even more important is the g-load in each gear. The ‘fun’ factor. The shirt gearing combined with the high torque of the 2.7 will make it FEEL really fast.

With an engine tube, the 2.7 on a 2-Door may be sub-5 second 0-60. It’s going to be a riot.

Brick Vanderhuge

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge, Custom Softail, Flatside Shovelhead
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Another close comparison would be the Edge ST with the first gen 2.7 Eco boost. It was tested 0-60 at 6.1 sec with 3.39:1 final drive and a curb weight of 4477lbs. Of course, the transmission is different also.

OP
OP
SarcasticDOCTOR
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Another close comparison would be the Edge ST with the first gen 2.7 Eco boost. It was tested 0-60 at 6.1 sec with 3.39:1 final drive and a curb weight of 4477lbs. Of course, the transmission is different also.
That’s another one that I had considered! I think it gives us a very good idea as to what it’s going to be considering the curb weight it’s close too!

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Zero to Sixty on a brick? Considering the Bronco 2dr can be around 7'x14' and 11+" of clearance, I don't know that "0-60" will be something many care about. That said, I'd imagine much like other 2.7's running it will be in 6ish

video of a stock 2018 F150 with 2.7 doing it in 5.9
Sponsored