zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bronco is one of those vehicles where a 0-60 time of eventually is good enough for me.?

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not enough for you (this might be my eventual build) put a wrecked 3.0 ecoboost (same engine with bigger stroke and bore) and add those same mods. Expect 520hp on 93 pump fuel.
This may be my eventual plan too once it's time to freshen up the motor. Bore/stroke the 2.7L out to 3.0L or swap in a 3.0L.

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco is one of those vehicles where a 0-60 time of eventually is good enough for me.?
I used to think that way...but after driving a truck with 33s that is woefully underpowered going up hills, pulling out, and passing...I am really looking forward to the speed on a cool as off road vehicle with 35s. It will make it even more fun.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just want enough power to where it can get out of its own way and not be a safety hazard when trying to merge or pass traffic.

if I want to get the feel of being strapped to a rocket....I Will drive my other car.

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well 0-60 on my future 2dr Badlands with the 2.7 has got to be a lot faster than my 150hp Subaru Crosstrek! Years ago we had a Buick Rendezvous which my wife loved but which had one of the slowest 1/4 mile times ever. I have paid my dues:) And yeah I have a nice sports car which has 0-60 times in the mid 3 second range. And then there were those liter class sport bikes I had which were high 2 second and could get into the 90+mph range in 1st gear.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stock? I would say 6-7 like everyone else is guessing. HOWEVER, the potential for this particular motor is fantastic.

With stock everything and a 93 octane tune you can get 370hp/450tq. I would say a solid 5.5 second 0-60 with this tune.

Want more? Upgrade the turbos and a few supporting mods like intercooler, downpipe, air filter, exhaust. You can expect about 450hp/500tq (factory raptor power) on 93 pump fuel. This should bring you into the low 5 or high 4 second range.

Want even more? Run those same mods with an e30 or e50 blend and you are pushing 540hp/550tq. Expect low 4 second 0-60.

Not enough for you (this might be my eventual build) put a wrecked 3.0 ecoboost (same engine with bigger stroke and bore) and add those same mods. Expect 520hp on 93 pump fuel.

I am looking to buy a 3.0 motor to build as a project and likely going to bore it out as big as I can, somewhere around the 3.5 mark.... should be close to 700hp on pump fuel with mods.

Obviously all these numbers GREATLY depend on gearing, weight, tire sizes, driver, altitude, etc.

The best part of this is that these motors are pretty rad. Port and direct injection help it to never starve for fuel.
This is my only hesitation with the 2.3 Manual. I REALLY want the manual . Totally different driving experience, but the 2.7 has more potential although a tuned 2.3 should be plenty fun. Ive had modified E85 Subarus for the last decade or more and lots of E85 around here and based off the Mustang Ecoboost, I would expect to add close to 100HP and Torque On E and 75-80 on a 93 tune with Intercooler, downpipe, etc. I think they make port injection kits for the Mustang EB, turbos, built motors. I hope this carries over to Bronco. Just like my Subarus, I‘m buying the Bronco with the intention of modding it.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This may be my eventual plan too once it's time to freshen up the motor. Bore/stroke the 2.7L out to 3.0L or swap in a 3.0L.
I'm going to look for a 3.0 crank and sleeve
This is my only hesitation with the 2.3 Manual. I REALLY want the manual . Totally different driving experience, but the 2.7 has more potential although a tuned 2.3 should be plenty fun. Ive had modified E85 Subarus for the last decade or more and lots of E85 around here and based off the Mustang Ecoboost, I would expect to add close to 100HP and Torque On E and 75-80 on a 93 tune with Intercooler, downpipe, etc. I think they make port injection kits for the Mustang EB, turbos, built motors. I hope this carries over to Bronco. Just like my Subarus, I‘m buying the Bronco with the intention of modding it.
Tough decision for sure. Power always wins me over though.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do people really care about 0-60 in this pig?

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Do people really care about 0-60 in this pig?
Yes... don't people care about performance in almost every vehicle? People are putting 1000hp motors in the EB. I'm shooting for around 700hp when I'm done. I prefer to have my cake and eat to too.
Sponsored