Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The other bases we have seen have had the tops windows tinted. This is the first one I remember noticing that didn't have them tinted like the production units will be.
I think you have it backwards. Privacy glass is offered on the Big Bend. The pre-production showed tinted glass, but regular Base production won't have privacy glass.

Sponsored

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup... I wish they could have incorporated the keypad into the door better, but I don't know how they would have done it with the lack of window frame.

Overall looks pretty good!
Or they could’ve redesigned the tacked on version of the key pad. I would like a better look at it before I would consider adding that option.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Must not be the smart door thing. That is a Mid package thing, no keypad, isn't it?
Yes intelligent access comes with midpack.
It's pretty much two different ways of accomplishing the same thing. Although, as you said, with the keypad you can leave the keys inside.
Or they could’ve redesigned the tacked on version of the key pad. I would like a better look at it before I would consider adding that option.
Look at the keypad on any Ford made in the last decade. That's what you'll get.

Pretty useless feature in my opinion had a Ford that had it, never used it once in 80k miles.

Sponsored

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look at the keypad on any Ford made in the last decade. That's what you'll get.

Pretty useless feature in my opinion had a Ford that had it, never used it once in 80k miles.
I know it’s a real low point for the vehicles that don’t have it integrated on the side of the window as touch sensors.

Maybe that key pad has to be on the door in some way. But the could of made the black plastic looking material body color.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can tell this is a passionate subject to you, however, I did say "in my opinion."

And in the end isn't this place for Bronco enthusiasts to share their opinions?

I, personally, don't see the need for it. Obviously some people do. Since Ford has been sticking the exact same thing (with updates of course) on the outside of their cars for over 40 years, it must be something some people like.

And yes, it's been roughly the same stick on key pad for the last decade. And virtually the same tacked on garbage since Ford first offered it on the T-bird over 40 years ago.

Enjoy your keypad. I will enjoy my clean looking Bronco. Yours will be pretty too.
Sponsored

Last edited: