Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My take: (for what it's worth, lol)

A51 is the best color. After seeing this, CG and Rapid Red dropped from above it.

Big Bend rims look CHEAP.

Outer Banks rims just don't work on a Bronco.

Sasquatch and Badlands rims are perfect of course.

Body-color fender flares work well on the Wrangler but not here. No. Just no. It looks WRONG.

I could be wrong, but the Iconic Silver Sasquatch doesn't look like a Base... appears to have LED taillights.

Gray hard top is hideous. Black soft top is meh.
Agree mostly

I think us area51 early committers kinda knew it was the superior color objectively (your own personal preferences aside) and can't help but chuckle reading all these comments of people just realizing it !

I love the area51 and am secure with it but really wish there were an army green. I also wish the area51 was exclusively made just for me and nobody else lol
Sponsored

Yolobaggins

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m loving the way these are all looking!

One thing I have to admit though, I’m not liking the wheels on most of these models.

Probably going to switch those out real quick

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I had a boat, after awhile, you could never keep the black canvas tops looking good after all the bird shit got on them.

Are these soft tops material better at guarding against stains like that? Obviously it occurs less with a car than at a boat dock
My jeep top (premium soft top) only got blasted by birds a couple times - one being a Canada goose (could have been 10 of them from what it looked like). soap, water and a brush and you'd never know. I'd be surprised if it was much different. It's not a straight canvas like your boat covers probably are. I wouldn't be concerned.

Sponsored

ZWSMITH

Badlands
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really like the Area 51 wildtrak! Color is good, stance is perfect. Soft top actually looks pretty good. Way better than that grey hardtop. Ford please reconsider this grey hardtop. I've been planning on a rapid red Badlands with black painted hardtop since July, now I'm second guessing the color and package. Might go BD with Sasquatch and manual.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is it just me, or is the back end jacked up on this rig? Floor looks level, but you could slide down the top all day long.
9AED9B3A-3428-43A5-9510-BE570C90C2C5.jpeg
Look at the top of the photo. It appears the pic was taken at an angle.

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Surprisingly, I'm liking the iconic silver. Added to the likey list. Not liking race red at all. A51, Cactus Gray, Iconic Silver and Rapid Red are my top choices, so far.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Gray top, why oh why oh why? Can't decide between white and black? Those red broncos are screaming for either black top and fenders, or a white top. I had a red and white and it was a beauty when I forgave it's square headlamps. Maybe gray can look ok on AMB, but I'm thinking not so much. Hating to have to shell out to get black or white. Maybe I'll just get a tractor lift for my Outback, paint everything black and red and drive around in Michigan over anything gray.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The top of the photo shows that the camera was tilted right. But the vehicle seems to be tilted left/up from the back. Further adding credence to it being lifted, me thinks

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Area 51 is basically Hummers “Boulder Gray”

Five things I learned from this:

1: Cyber Orange has been crossed off my desired list - completely unattractive in this light - should be Mustard Yellow
2: The 4 doors just don’t work as well on the Bronco as it does on the Wrangler
3: The OBX package just doesn’t flow, worse than I thought
4: Race red is where it’s at just in 2 door form - I’m not typically a red guy but I think for the first year color pallet it’s a winner.
5: WE NEED WHITE TOPS - GRAY AND BLACK ARE AWFUL
Good thing there will be so many trims and combinations because, I'm not agreeing with a lot of the comments thus far.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

True that, it is at an angle, but look at the spacing of the front and rear wheels in regard to the fenders. Rear end looks to be a bit higher. Expecting heavy loads? Trailering?

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s those two parallel yellow lines on the ground; playing mind games on me. Titling the photo so that the rafters are horizontal,,, I still see major rake on the Bronc.
Ford Bronco More Preproduction Broncos Completed -- Area 51 Wildtrak, Race Red Badlands, Rapid Red Big Bend, Cyber Orange OBX, Oxford White OBX, Iconic Silver ABD5DA35-3F78-404C-ADD4-8DFE5B5702B3

Last edited: