Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can understand why people like the convenience of using the keypad, but I still remember my only experience with one was a number of years back when I was bored and just punching in some numbers at random on a friends vehicle managed to unlock it. I don't know the odds of that happening, but once was enough to make me never trust giving someone an easy way to open my vehicle.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think you have it backwards. Privacy glass is offered on the Big Bend. The pre-production showed tinted glass, but regular Base production won't have privacy glass.
I know. That's what I meant. The base units we have seen on other threads have had tinted windows. I know the bases do not.

For instance, this one.
Ford Bronco Oxford White Base 2-Door with keypad and mud flaps (off production line) Base 2021 Bronco Iconic Silver Steel Wheels 2

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don't love those wheels.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone know with certainty whether the 4-dr will have the keypad integrated in the B-pillar? Whereas the absence of a B-pillar in the 2-dr, Ford had to fallback on to the sticky pad.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know. That's what I meant. The base units we have seen on other threads have had tinted windows. I know the bases do not.

For instance, this one.
Ford Bronco Oxford White Base 2-Door with keypad and mud flaps (off production line) 1601940893498
Sorry about the clarification. I misread your post. That is the problem with these Franken-Broncos, differing expectations based on what is seen versus what is on the spec sheet.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have to have the keypad but holy fuck that one sucks.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Me 2 !!!!!!

Use the shit out of it on my F-150 and Explorer, especially when I leave the keys in the house and have to get in one of them. ;)

Sponsored

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not mad at this at all! Everytime I see a base on the small skinny tires I think of old Land Rover Defenders and for me that is not a bad thing!!??
What this needs to complete the look are some 255/85R16s in a mud terrain. They would fit those rims and wheel wells nicely.

That tire is a skinny 33.

IdaNeck

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is my ā€œcheapā€ Bronco. FYI- keypad been around since early 80s. I remember it on my grandparents 85 Mark 7 and parents 86 Taurus. Always a functional feature.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yep, looks pretty much the evolution of the 1980 Thunderbird.

Thanks for proving my point.
The '80 T-bird was really just an evolution from the '61 T-bird handle design, integrating the keypad was only novel insofar as the T-bird has always been one of Ford's models to showcase new design language and tech (for better or worse)

Ford Bronco Oxford White Base 2-Door with keypad and mud flaps (off production line) CC-114-035-800-1200[1]

In fact, that '61-'62 Thunderbird had a captains chair power window switch which started the design language for Ford's switch design that carries forward to this day! This switch controls all four windows, plus door locks. The side-view mirror control knob is forward from that.

Ford Bronco Oxford White Base 2-Door with keypad and mud flaps (off production line) Thunderbird power window switch
Sponsored