First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Base
Those look so much bigger than 33s, that's crazy. Reminds me of my old 76 f250 i owned. Looked like mr incredible with a big body and these skinny legs. I dig it. May have to do something like it with the 17s on mine once i get it.
They technically measure 33.2 so they are larger than any advertised 33in tire out there since they typicall measure under 33 they are closer to an advertised 35.
Sponsored

R-E-L-A-X

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
At what trim level does the keypad go away?
Or is this just a base nightmare?
I'm going with the base model and the keyless is just an option not standard. Can't speak for the other models. I like the keyless entry. Nice for those occasional situations where you'd rather leave the keys locked in the car. I know the door is the most convenient place for it but wouldn't mind if it were hardwired in some other inconspicuous location. Without that being an option, I will definitely be looking to see if I can relocate it because it does look dorky

IdaNeck

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Gotta say, although white is likely not the color I would go with, it looks great in this bare-bones base model. You all trying to tell me you wouldn't get on this for sub30K?

Ford has a winner with this thing.
I’ll likely go for base ( maybe Sasquatch). I’m ready to get back to basics... and the base really isn’t that basic. We’ve got a GX460 for all the comfy stuff while on the road and trails.

Sponsored

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Option packages? It’s a Base model Bronco, I don’t think they get to add any package except Sasquatch.
Option on the Base model

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They will use these for delivering in Alaska
If they're cheap enough and can be converted to RHD, I bet I see a bunch of them where I live too. It's mostly XJ's around here currently, with a few Wranglers.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Those look so much bigger than 33s, that's crazy. Reminds me of my old 76 f250 i owned. Looked like mr incredible with a big body and these skinny legs. I dig it. May have to do something like it with the 17s on mine once i get it.
The tire size you want is; 255/80R17.

Selection is very limited.
But all of the choices are premium brands, so you can't lose.

https://tiresize.com/tiresizes/255-80R17.htm

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
What is a TSB? I would not automatically dismiss the feature if someone otherwise wants it based soley on the negative experience with the Ranger. I have 80 k on my F-150 with flawless performance by the keypad. Additionally prior fords with pads worked equally well. But I understand the frustration with the Ranger. Which company originally supplied the key pad on the Ranger?
TSB means: Technical Service Bulletin.
Dealer service speak for: Shit's F-ed Up.
Needs immediate attention.

Sponsored

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I see a keypad!
It's unfortunate that Ford is using this keypad. It is ugly, but I relocated mine to the rear door pillar on my Ranger where it blends in better and is less noticeable. At first, I used it regularly simple because I park my truck beside my garage at the bottom of a hill on my property and when I don't have my keys, it's pretty nice to still be able to get into the truck without having to hike back to the house. The problem is that the batteries do not last. I went through 3 batteries in the first few months. When I talked to the service tech at my dealership, he said, (and I quote), "Unfortunately, I think the battery is going to be the bane of your existence. I've seen the same problem with other models." He would not replace the keypad.
I stopped using the keypad after about month 4 of ownership. The unacceptable battery life has also been brought up of Ranger5g.com.
I truly find it impossible to understand how and why Ford still sells this as an option.

Last edited:

IdaNeck

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I always thought the keypads were hardwired, bummer.

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have thought about that also and may still do it. It's been 4~5 months since I've changed it so can't remember the exact battery #, but it's one of the button cell type

gilko

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Vitara 2 door, F150, and others.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm not mad at this at all! Everytime I see a base on the small skinny tires I think of old Land Rover Defenders and for me that is not a bad thing!!??
Not that I don't like each and every variant, but I do have to agree. As the tires get bigger and bigger and bigger, they start to look a little like Hot Wheels . This is more like the first gen, pure utility, not overdone, purposeful.