Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The watermarks on these these pictures say @Broncosofinsta ... I just can't help but see Bronco So Finsta... it's nonsense, obviously, but I just imagine one of the high school freshman I teach using some kind of new slang. So, in this example, a bad ass looking Bronco (is) so finsta.

TL;DR: it was a (bad) joke.

capiche.jpg

See above (y)
It's okay if you don't understand. It's just an instagram handle. Why do you think you see Bronco6g.com on every picture on this forum? It's because people don't know how to give credit when they use it.
Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As I feared and figured, it's just the stick on keypad. Which is funny, given that there is a large recess in outside of the the b-pillar of both 2 and 4 door models that could accommodate the components of the integrated keypad. That briefly gave me hope we'd see that, but obviously not. They could then just have the keypad deactivate if/when it detects the doors off.

Ford Bronco Oxford White Base 2-Door with keypad and mud flaps (off production line) 1601965756738

Ford Bronco Oxford White Base 2-Door with keypad and mud flaps (off production line) 1601965765667

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

its great for cycling, floating, or fly fishing. Minimal pocket bulk and expensive keys are expensive when in water. I miss the old keys with no chip/buttons.

I must be getting old, I always just hid them under a rock and grab 'em on my way back...

I do like my wife's Jeep GC though, where it just unlocks when you grab the handle if you have the keys in your pocket.....that's pretty lush by my standards.(y)

Last edited:

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

regardless of money, if I was young I would get a base, it's not "still a Bronco", it is any Bronco you want it to be and that's fuckin' cool...

I am 58, this will most likely be the last "truck" ( I am always confused what to call the Bronco) of this quality I will buy and I am too tired to build the one I want...so I am gonna buy it and laugh myself pissing until the grave...: )

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's the pic I was looking for. Paint the wheels any color but silver and they'd give it a cool vintage vibe. Id prefer without the holes but to me the other wheel choices on the bronco look more at home on hot wheels car.
Ford Bronco Oxford White Base 2-Door with keypad and mud flaps (off production line) 1601965765667

I like the tall and skinny look, always have.. (y)

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They technically measure 33.2 so they are larger than any advertised 33in tire out there since they typicall measure under 33 they are closer to an advertised 35.

Doesn't matter what size they are if they match the truck....those look great and taken from a great angle.. (y)

( there is a "that's what she said" joke in there, for those who want it)

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just watched that same video. It is pretty impressive the difference in the heat reduction.

Has anyone every had ceramic tint installed? Do you have any opinions on quality or longevity?
Put 3M ceramic tint on our Escape 7 years ago and it still looks flawless today. I did the front windows at the same level to match the already-factory-tinted rear windows. I'm planning on doing it on the Bronco.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I always thought the keypads were hardwired, bummer.
They are on most models, but for some ridiculous reason Ford went cheap on the Ranger, and by extension the Bronco

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I always thought the keypads were hardwired, bummer.
They definitely are on a lot of other models. The 2004 F-150 that is now my daughter's has the keypad that looks a lot like the one in this photo and is either hard-wired or has the world's longest-lasting battery. ? Also, our 2014 Escape has the keypad integrated into the pillar (like was shown in a photo in an earlier post) and is nicely done because you don't see it until you activate the backlighting by touching a pad.

Power for the keypad could have been provided through the door wire harness, so it is really a matter of whether Ford wanted to deal with additional parts for doors with and without keypads.

Sponsored

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Put 3M ceramic tint on our Escape 7 years ago and it still looks flawless today. I did the front windows at the same level to match the already-factory-tinted rear windows. I'm planning on doing it on the Bronco.

I think it would be a cool addition to the back windows, have never heard of it. How does it hold up on the front windshield? ( the clear obviously?) Doesn't fade, turn red, look good at night..? forgive my ignorance on the topic.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it would be a cool addition to the back windows, have never heard of it. How does it hold up on the front windshield? ( the clear obviously?) Doesn't fade, turn red, look good at night..? forgive my ignorance on the topic.
I only did the front side windows, not the windshield. Based on the side windows, which haven't changed color at all, I would assume a clear front windshield film (in 3M, at least) would be fine. Not sure I'd do it unless I could get it replaced under insurance if I had to replace the windshield (rock chips/cracks are a real problem here ☹).

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I only did the front side windows, not the windshield. Based on the side windows, which haven't changed color at all, I would assume a clear front windshield film (in 3M, at least) would be fine. Not sure I'd do it unless I could get it replaced under insurance if I had to replace the windshield (rock chips/cracks are a real problem here ☹).

I'm sorry, it was somebody else who spoke about doing the front windshield, tequila got in my eye and I mis quoted....

Believe me, driving an FJ 400 miles up and down the 5 Freeway two or three times a year, I know all about rock chips... :(

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Love it gonna throw some 255/85/r16's on it and paint the rims white and build a vintage looking overland rig on skinnies

Great pic of those tires.. Makes me consider the same.
Sponsored