First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Why no white top? Seriously? You show us white tops and then say "not an option"? I have a hard time believing Ford is actually so inept that they will shoot themselves in the foot like that. Won't be surprised if white top turns out to be an option on B&P.
Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

giphy.gif

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Offering a white top for the Bronco that takes its inspiration from the original that did offer it is only logical and common sense.

A white top is not something that requires great engineering or retooling.
It’s simply a color option that can be made available quite easily.

Not a smart move on their part.
In fords defense. A molded in color white top would be a production pain in the ass

However we have seen 2 types of tops. Molded plastic tops. And painted tops

It would cost ford relatively nothing to offer a premium white painted top.

nothing.

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Last edited by a moderator:

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is not a "Freak Out" by me, but I am disappointed about how much was unknown by Ford at launch (after so much delay) and how much they showed us that they say we can't have. It just frustrates buyers and wastes time as Ford tries to figure out what to say and we chase our tails wondering how we can get what is pictured. Just saying!!

Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Cudos to the Defender designers who understand the historical significance of certain style elements like the white top. And although lots of folks do not think the new Defender captures its legacy like it should, at least Land Rover honored cherished things like that top. Cudos to the folks at GM for understanding the styling significance of the white top on the new Blazer. Yes it is otherwise a marketing failure, but at least they got that right. Now Ford riddle me this, if you will be offering white tops that are body colored painted and obviously some will be white, why is it that a white top can not be purchased as an optipon on other Broncos? Did you really screw up one of the sacred, marquee calling cards of the gen1 on what is supposed to be hats off to retro styling? Really? Really?

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Dude. Take a chill pill.

Everyone else, you take chill pills too.

1. Photo shows what looks to be a white top.
2. Someone asks Mike on Twitter if that’s going to be an option.
3. Mike says it’s a pre-production test, and what you see in the picture is not a finalized option.
4. EVERYONE ON B6G FREAK-A-ZOID BONKERS

I agree that Mike’s communication could be better, but reading between the lines it actually sounds to me like they are planning on offering the white top, they’re just still working out the kinks, and he doesn’t want people to assume this is exactly what it will be.
What kinks need to be worked out? White is a really difficult color to match? Yeah nice try.

And that's what we do here... No SFA, No V8, No tailgate, Ford needs to figure out how to make a white top??

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know this won't be a popular perspective, but even if it isn't offered initially, it won't be hard to add it later.

Maybe it doesn't bother me as much because I'm looking forward to the black painted hard top.

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
After I get mine I'm going to see if the Goonzquad boys will let me drive the Bronco on down there to Tennessee and have them paint the top white. That oughta be worth a whole bunch of "Dang Son's" after they knock it out of the park in a day!!!!

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I see no good resolution to this thread...

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't think spamming his twitter with white tops is the answer. Not everyone is going to be happy with EVERYTHING that Ford is doing for the Bronco. And that's alright.

And I assume that IF the white top was offered, folks would freak out that it was either too blue or too yellow of a white. Or, perhaps, they tried to do white and it just didn't work out.

tenor.gif
This please. Mike is a good guy, and luckily he even clarifies stuff like this. We may have never gotten mansquatch without him, he obviously enjoys interacting with us and does take us seriously. He’s an asset to the community and the last thing we want to do is beat him down with thousands of annoying/attacking messages. He is a product communications manager not the probably dozen or so people in charge of these decisions, so definitely feel free to reach out in the replies but do so in a courteous and respectful way.
Sponsored