2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If anything, I would like to see the painted tops available in matching body colors.
Huh? Based on their website, they will be offering matching body color hardtops:

Top right of screenshot. So it's literally throwing a painted white modular hard top, which they'll already have for the white broncos, onto a cactus gray bronco (as in my case).

Ford Bronco Levine: White top not an option. We are listening  (UPDATE) Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 11.43.54 AM
Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe I'm in the minority, but NOT offering a white top means those of us who really care will find a way to have white tops and we will be special.

Besides, if Ford offers a white top, it will be "white" white like the Ozford white, not the Wimbledon slightly creamy white likes it's supposed to be. So we would all have to repaint them Wimbledon white anyway. I just wish one of you photoshop experts could have done a 2-door Basesquatch in Kodiak Brown (which is still the wrong shade of brown to match our 1970 EB), with Wimbledon white roof and Wimbledon white wheels.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe I'm in the minority, but NOT offering a white top means those of us who really care will find a way to have white tops and we will be special.

Besides, if Ford offers a white top, it will be "white" white like the Ozford white, not the Wimbledon slightly creamy white likes it's supposed to be. So we would all have to repaint them Wimbledon white anyway. I just wish one of you photoshop experts could have done a 2-door Basesquatch in Kodiak Brown (which is still the wrong shade of brown to match our 1970 EB), with Wimbledon white roof and Wimbledon white wheels.
Is that the official color they used back in the day?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So IF I want Cactus....I need to go to a body shop and have it painted white? Wondering if it's plastic or steel? Or aluminum?

Sponsored

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Unpopular opinion: I feel like the white top will clash w/ the Bronco 6g.

Now hear me out, I understand it’s tradition and in the sake of homage, but back in the late 60s/early 70s; single stage pastel colors were in and complemented a soft white nicely.
Not so sure the new color palette will pair w/ white so seamlessly; let alone a metallic variant.

This is coming from a guy that only owns white vehicles so not much bias here.

teerussyo

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Am I mistaken, or aren't they going to offer a white body colored hardtop for the oxford white broncos? Are there only certain colors that can be ordered with matching top and fenders?

maybe unknown before B&P, but if they can make them for oxford white broncos, I dont see why we cant order them as a part afterwards. Probably something like 3-4k....

Not cheap but possible?
This is actually my plan - I'll wrap the body in a classic color but by ordering an Oxford White Outer Banks get the white top as well as white body pillars, fenders, door handles, etc.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Now hear me out, I understand it’s tradition and in the sake of homage, but back in the late 60s/early 70s; single stage soft pastel colors were in and complemented white nicely.
Not so sure the new color palette will pair w/ white so seamlessly.

Your opinion only! The Cactus and Area 51's are both very light....a white top will make the color pop.

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Besides, if Ford offers a white top, it will be "white" white like the Ozford white, not the Wimbledon slightly creamy white likes it's supposed to be. So we would all have to repaint them Wimbledon white anyway.
I was LITERALLY going to type this same thing. Bright white tops on Early Broncos look horrible IMO.

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is that the official color they used back in the day?
They only offered 34 colors in 1970, but most of the white was Wimbledon white. Our 76 Mustang II was Wimbleton white with red vinyl roof and red vinyl interior. She was gorgeous (just couldn't go up a small hill without pinging like a can of rocks).

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Now hear me out, I understand it’s tradition and in the sake of homage, but back in the late 60s/early 70s; single stage soft pastel colors were in and complemented white nicely.
Not so sure the new metallic color palette will pair w/ white so seamlessly.

I think for some part you are right, BUT Area 51, Cactus Grey, and Race Red are those flat paints with no depth. It would work really well.

CT-Man

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Multiple
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Haven't people ever heard of DIY?

This is supposed to be an easily user modified vehicle.

Ford is not a custom coach builder!
I disagree. When you purchase massive TV ad buys and show the Cactus Gray with the White Top, you should have the White Top available. I mean this is just absurd that they would put that much promotional work showing off the white top and then not have it as an option.

fly-cobra32

Wildtrak
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Acura
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would make a black roof to be default (best choice) but GREY?!? What are they thinking?

White is iconic and HAS to be one of the choice paint options.

They've done so many things right but don't ruin it with a grey roof! That look is............!

Ah!!!

MrDrewCrew

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Midnight Edition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What does B&P and switching dealers have to do with each other?
Once I have he Build and Price in hand, I can go straight to dealership and begin the negotiation. If ADM and X-Plan becomes an issue then I will move to another dealership.
Sponsored