Sponsored

New aftermarket for previous gen Broncos?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think that this is more of a question about “Will Old-school Broncos continue to gain in popularity”

I think for the first gens, absolutely. I’d say the 1980+ Broncos will honestly become a bit less desirable over time. Especially if the new one is as cool as it’s being hyped up to be.
It's an interesting question, and I was having some discussion about it on an EB forum. My view is the new Bronco, if it proves to be perceived as carrying the torch for the EB Bronco, and if buyers will be able to equip and customize the new Bronco to make it stand out and personalized ... then EB prices will be negatively impacted. Why? I look to Jeep Wrangler as the model. The new Wrangler is similar enough to the older models, and not considered a poser, that people are ok buying it, especially the big spenders who don't have to go buy a TJ/YJ/CJ. They can buy a new Wrangler and have at it, instead of driving up demand and prices on older models.

Right now for Bronco, the EB is the only game in town. And the crazy prices I think are because it got on the radar of a larger demographic, not just the usual old 4x4 hobby guys who wanted to turn a wrench and do some off-roading in an old truck. The new Bronco if it meets the perception and criteria I mentioned above, could draw off some of that big spending demographic who want the "it" truck. Especially when they realize instead of dropping 30+ grand on some old truck that drives like an old truck, they can have a new Bronco and spend their hearts delight tricking it out.

An alternate opinion that I don't share, but I could be wrong and has merit, is the new Bronco will put Bronco in general more on the radar, hence heightening awareness and desire for the EB. Thus EB prices would go up. I don't buy that premise so much. I look to my buddy who dropped 50 grand on a new Wrangler, because he didn't have to spend big on an old model such as CJ. If there is no new Wrangler, maybe he is spending big on some older Jeep, driving up prices. That is the beauty of Jeep right now, there are so many older Jeeps, and new ones continue to be made, it's such a fun hobby for regular people who just want to have fun with low cost older 4x4s. The EB hobby has kind of gotten wrecked in that regard. Perhaps the new Bronco will put a dent in the crazy EB prices ... or not. Will see ...
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's an interesting question, and I was having some discussion about it on an EB forum. My view is the new Bronco, if it proves to be perceived as carrying the torch for the EB Bronco, and if buyers will be able to equip and customize the new Bronco to make it stand out and personalized ... then EB prices will be negatively impacted. Why? I look to Jeep Wrangler as the model. The new Wrangler is similar enough to the older models, and not considered a poser, that people are ok buying it, especially the big spenders who don't have to go buy a TJ/YJ/CJ. They can buy a new Wrangler and have at it, instead of driving up demand and prices on older models.
this is actually a very interesting point. Old Jeep prices have increased but you can still get a CJ or even a Willy’s for a very reasonable price. I don’t personally think the EB’s will drop much in value but they may not go up much more.

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What about slapping an F-150 trans & transfer case onto a 2.3 EB from a Mustang? I don't know if Ford did anything weird with bellhousings and what not between the F-150 and the Mustang. Or just drop everything from the F-150 into the B2...
even in the mustang, the 2.3 and the 5.0 have different bell housings (at least in the 6R80 variants) so I'm not sure the F150 one would work... maybe the 2.7/3.5 EB trans to have the same bell pattern?

Would be so freaking cool if they went to a separate/modular bell housing like T56 I swapped in my old mach1...
Sponsored