Sponsored

Visual estimate of 2021 Bronco wheelbase and size (112 inch wheelbase guesstimate)

mikonrad

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fiesta SFE, Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe he's talking about how wide he wants it to be. ;)

Midnightblue was our dedicated FSB proponent.
112" wide wheelbase would make for a sweet rollover-proof trim level. I mean, is Ford serious about this off-road capability business or what?

I just have issue with folks laughing at what they consider to be garbage posts when someone is taking the time to post reference images like the OP provided. I appreciate seeing these comparisons for my own reference. If the OP is wrong, using information that he just made up, that's a different issue... And it would be nice if folks trashing a post would provide counter-info to consider. OP used data that is generally agreed upon here when the subject of wheelbase came up so it's a comparison with what seems to be 'most-likely' info. Trashing posts without any constructive replies does not encourage others, with the means, to add to the conversation with their own content.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You're joking, right? The 4Runner has PLENTY of space inside, rides better than any full sized truck I've driven, and can tow 5000lbs, which is 2000lbs more than the Jeep that has that oh-so-desirable longer wheelbase...

You're almost getting what I'm suggesting. Try thinking a bit harder and you might get there. What I'm asserting is that wheelbase isn't the sole factor to determining interior volume and towing capacity... in fact, it's fairly insignificant. Mustang has a wheelbase 3" shorter than the Camaro... guess which one is significantly more spacious. Wheelbase plays a very insignificant role in cabin space... The Bronco can have a 50" wheelbase, but if it has 50" of overhang in both the front and rear, then guess what... it'll still have more cargo space than a Jeep

Just because more spacious vehicles often have longer wheelbases doesn't mean that every vehicle with a long wheelbase is going to be more spacious. Getting it yet?

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Oh, here's a good one considering your profile picture… Did you know that the 2006 Range Rover Sport has a wheelbase 10" shorter than the Wrangler? Yes, that means it's even shorter still than the Bronco that you're already writing off as being smaller than a Jeep and less capable of towing than a Civic, and it can tow about 5,000lbs MORE than the longer wheelbase Wrangler and has a more spacious interior. Getting it yet?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Seems like everyone here gets all bent otta shape when someone says something that doesn't "jive" with what they think.

Kinda like the :curse: VS :curse: argument. oopps !!! did I do that. at least I didn't type it !!:clap:

Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Seems like everyone here gets all bent otta shape when someone says something that doesn't "jive" with what they think.

Kinda like the :curse: VS :curse: argument. oopps !!! did I do that. at least I didn't type it !!:clap:
The natives are growing restless

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When people speak in absolutes it creates turmoil. However, it does make for some interesting break downs of why each other are wrong lol

Ford Bronco Visual estimate of 2021 Bronco wheelbase and size (112 inch wheelbase guesstimate) 45C1C7D6-5114-40BB-A6E2-194952EE847D

paxfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll share a good early Bronco dimensions/cargo space story.

Back in the day, my then-girlfriend, an equestrienne, used my '71 Bronco for the afternoon. I arrived back at the house from school to find she had a bought a big pony and brought it home in the back of the truck. It's halter was tied to the roll bar. Yes, there was horseshit on the floor.

The pony stared at me, munching hay. Totally unperturbed.

It was so outrageous that I wasn't mad. I did wonder what the hell I was getting myself into.

Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'll share a good early Bronco dimensions/cargo space story.

Back in the day, my then-girlfriend, an equestrienne, used my '71 Bronco for the afternoon. I arrived back at the house from school to find she had a bought a big pony and brought it home in the back of the truck. It's halter was tied to the roll bar. Yes, there was horseshit on the floor.

The pony stared at me, munching hay. Totally unperturbed.

It was so outrageous that I wasn't mad. I did wonder what the hell I was getting myself into.

How did you get it down?

I need closure.

paxfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did you get it down?

I need closure.
Lowered tailgate, backed up to a hill and walked the pony out of there. She and the seller apparently did the same thing at origin to load it up.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lowered tailgate, backed up to a hill and walked the pony out of there. She and the seller apparently did the same thing at origin to load it up.
that is how we used to load our motorcycles, that or if no hill available just back the rear tires into a ditch.

OP
OP
norwal42

norwal42

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Updated with 2dr Bronc in the mix :)

Ford Bronco Visual estimate of 2021 Bronco wheelbase and size (112 inch wheelbase guesstimate) Wheelbase-UpdatedWith2drBronc

Everything here is estimated, but with the 2dr Bronc's front wheels turned, I eyeball estimated where the axle centerline would be - looks it would be pretty close to center of the fender well arch. I set 99" based on others' best guesses of 98-100".

I also updated the 4dr with the Beefy Bronc 4dr spy shot - closest to profile we've got, so I estimated the foreshortening effect to estimate 112". I also matched the Beefy Bronc's rear wheel scale to my 17" wheel above (plus maybe 1-2% because the rest looked closer to my foreshortening eyeball estimate). There's a multi-part optical illusion here: 1. with those beefwall Bronc tires the rear wheel looks smaller than the 17" above on the 4Runner, but it's not (it's actually a hair larger), 2. the foreshortening effect of the slight profile photo angle makes the front wheel look slightly smaller, and it is, as it should be, 3. this is shot with a much shorter lens than the 4dr Wrangler below, exaggerating the scaling distortion effects across the vehicle, and 4. that fat Elvis hairdo on the roof and the rest of the camo throws off the proportions of the vehicle in relation to the surrounding vehicles, and makes those fatty tires not look as big as they are (looking forward to seeing this beast revealed:). PITA but this one looks so much cooler :)

Does it look like the 4dr Bronc has a shorter hood than the 4dr Wrangler with the A pillar in a similar position? I wonder if they'll be able to match or beat Wrangler's interior space with a 4-6" shorter wheelbase... Looks like their A pillars land nearly even... Bronc maybe a hair further back, but the Bronc photo is a hair more foreshortened with the photo angle, so they might be even up. The camo 'body line' on the Bronc is closer to the front tire vs the Wrangler's door line being back behind the base of the A-pillar, which may exaggerate the appearance of a longer hood on the Wrangler - yet, if the A-pillar is in the same position and the Bronc has a shorter wheelbase, there's an efficiency in the proportions there somewhere. :)

Last edited:

sardog12

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2016 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Although there isn't much of a difference between the two models, you may want to substitute a 4 door JL for the JK (which actually has 2.4 inches shorter wheelbase than the JL) that you have in your comparison. While at it, since you are using the more built version of the Bronco mule, I would suggest using a Rubicon for comparison as well. I am just curious as to how they would actually line up when you are comparing the "similar" platforms.
Sponsored