JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm hoping the Bronco to be a Jack of all trades and master of none. It will be my daily driver. Not everyone can afford to have a truck and an SUV and I don't want to tow a trailer up to the trails. I dont think an actual bed is very likely on the Bronco at this point though so I'll have to keep my truck.
I would not expect to be a jack of all trades, no more than a jeep or 4runner is anyways. (ok, the 4runner is a jack of most trades, but a jeep is severely lacking in many areas related to daily use). the Bronco is, or at least I hope so, intended primarily to be a mass appealed Enthusiast vehicle, like the Wrangler. A bed would be for some more utilitarian use in that specific enthusiast market, so a far cry from a pickup bed, but providing some better use then the back of an SUV.
Sponsored

OP
OP
aplm7

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would not expect to be a jack of all trades, no more than a jeep or 4runner is anyways. (ok, the 4runner is a jack of most trades, but a jeep is severely lacking in many areas related to daily use). the Bronco is, or at least I hope so, intended primarily to be a mass appealed Enthusiast vehicle, like the Wrangler. A bed would be for some more utilitarian use in that specific enthusiast market, so a far cry from a pickup bed, but providing some better use then the back of an SUV.
At this point I hope that the back of the Bronco itself is flat when back seats are out, and with a sorta pickup bed material, durable and washes easily. I like being able to throw stuff in pickups lol, just on the spot. Example a lawnmower, a pressure washer if I rent it, maybe really dirty clothes if I fell in a mud pit rescuing a jeep, big rocks?, logs, firewood?

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At this point I hope that the back of the Bronco itself is flat when back seats are out, and with a sorta pickup bed material, durable and washes easily. I like being able to throw stuff in pickups lol, just on the spot. Example a lawnmower, a pressure washer if I rent it, maybe really dirty clothes if I fell in a mud pit rescuing a jeep, big rocks?, logs, firewood?
yeah, that would be nice to have, remove the seats and have a nice flat surface. would require some recessed bolting/mounts for the seat, or maybe some reversible mounts that flip upside down to make the surface flat.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm going to third that - folding the seats or something to get a flat cargo area is a must, especially with the 2-door. I use my vehicles to do stuff, and that stuff includes carrying lots of things.

Deleted member 2346

With a shorter bed you'd lose functionality though. As is, you could actually put a couple of dirtbikes in it or an ATV. If it was shorter it would be more like the Hummer H2 SUT where it was fashion not function.
no one is buying the jeep truck to haul dirtbikes... maybe 1%. That was my point, they majority buy the truck version simply to not have dirty stuff inside the cab. If you want to haul dirtbikes, buy an F150, not a trail ready vehicle. "Purpose Built"

Sponsored

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

no one is buying the jeep truck to haul dirtbikes... maybe 1%. That was my point, they majority buy the truck version simply to not have dirty stuff inside the cab. If you want to haul dirtbikes, buy an F150, not a trail ready vehicle. "Purpose Built"
No, they're probably not buying it strictly to haul dirt bikes but there are people like me that already have dirt bikes that would like that ability. That is why the Gladiator is more appealing to me than the Wrangler. The Gladiator can fulfill ALL of my duties easily, the Wrangler can't.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some more tidbits from BOF on the Bronco pickup as a secondary design that might come later ...

18 hours ago, akirby said:

Wouldn't that be redundant with Ranger Crew Cab? Remember the new Ranger is close to Explorer size, not small like the old ones.
Ford Bronco Bronco Pickup Truck 1581773467614

11 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

If all goes as planned, it will be less redundant than Escape / Bronco Sport.

Owning a segment can be easier with more than one entry.

If all goes as planned.
Ford Bronco Bronco Pickup Truck 1581773467657

11 hours ago, jpd80 said:
As far as I can tell, a Bronco pick up was not intended part of the original product development scope or final lock in products. So if there is a Bronco Pick up, then it will be at least a further two years behind the December job 1 kick off.
Ford Bronco Bronco Pickup Truck 1581773467698

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/i...-premier-spring-2020-now-with-photos/&page=36

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
New Bronco pickup truck rendering from Mo Aoun

Ford Bronco Bronco Pickup Truck Ford Bronco Picku
Cool i guess but like the gladiator that wheebase is like, damn....

Sponsored

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Honestly a regular 4 door With a hard top that is able to be placed right up to the rear seat so there is a “mini” bed I would go for that too... ?

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Honestly a regular 4 door With a hard top that is able to be placed right up to the rear seat so there is a “mini” bed I would go for that too... ?
That design could work on the 2 and 4 door variants. If we don't see if from the factory I imagine the aftermarket will make it an option.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I dont know why i cant be a slightly long version of the regular 4 door with a flat floor, no rear doors, a fold and tumble rear seat, and a option to trade the jump seat for a bulkhead. Really it could be the same length as a 4 door. Maybe a longer front door or something.

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was think about taking a four door.Putting the two door doors on it . A two door bronco pickup!!

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Take a look at the Gleason Rear Seat Delete kit
Sponsored