Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice description of the evolution of some of the "value" in our Vehicles, Crispy. Each of those small things needs to be engineered for production and durability.

Oh, And I don't want to ever have to take it to the shop....
Sponsored

SHO4CY

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F150 Screw Fx4 3.5 EB
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well, not surprising here. You stop selling all your cars (minus the Mustang) in the states and then partially flub the release of the new Explorer (and Lincoln) variant. You've lost all the car fleet sales and regular sales for cars that you didn't really try to keep competitive. The Taurus didn't have anything really new since 2010. The Focus, Fiesta, and Fusion were in a similar boat (minus the RS).

Truly there is a gap there now that they are filling with SUV's, but it's not there yet. I'd imagine this trend will continue until the Bronco / Baby Bronco start selling and an Explorer refresh.

A better move would have been to continue to produce the cars for a couple more years until the new SUV's were out. However, that may have put a larger strain on supply potentially.

I'd guess that Ford had a good idea of this downturn, just not that it would get this low.

My personal opinion is that Ford should have kept one other car (Taurus or Fusion)(Taurus if your asking me) and completely redesigned it off of the Continental platform. Make it available as a sedan and wagon with a slight lift and AWD available (Subaru). Get an aggressive design (Hello Toyota) with optional peformance powertrain. That type of product would give Subaru a run. I know that ford is looking at bringing a lifted Fusion Wagon over here, but that is a mistake in my opinion. The Fusion is too cramped compared to the Subaru Outback. Plus the design language of the Fusion is old and outdated.

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That type of product would give Subaru a run. I know that ford is looking at bringing a lifted Fusion Wagon over here, but that is a mistake in my opinion. The Fusion is too cramped compared to the Subaru Outback. Plus the design language of the Fusion is old and outdated.
We looked at FusionS, SHO, and WRX.
17yo sons opinion?
- Fusion: Balanced
- SHO: You are not a grandfather yet
- WRX (disclaimer, it had a wing): Midlife Crisis Much?

Heck, if the Fusion feels dated, go into Collab with Subaru and offer a Ford/WRX Variant like SAAB did. The Saabaru was awesome.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In the world of consumer research there's a name for this, but it won't come to mind. Consumers are notoriously off-base when describing the kind of vehicle they would purchase. One of the very consumer products like that.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ur wrong. FERD just needs to build more foci with a manual transmission, more F-150 XL single cabs(WITH A V8!!!) lots more hot hatches, and discontinue SUV’s.

PNW_Bronco94

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is me. The RS was really appealing, but I couldn't justify dropping $40k on a Focus with 19 inch summer tires and potential engine issues. Went with a last model year Focus ST for half the price and couldn't be happier.

PNW_Bronco94

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol. "Brown Manual Wagon" is actually one of my online handles. No diesel, though. Gimme a gas V8.

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Makes sense how the cars were killed off, it's sad as I loved the focus ST both my brother bought one and I was planning on getting the next gen if came out and then I found out that they were killing off cars, sad; yes but necessary as they didn't sell and suv/crossovers sell a crap ton. Personally I probley would of backed out of the ST as now that I am older I realised how impractical it would be with being a low car

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think the vast majority of why ford was so short end of 2019 is due to all the new vehicles coming soon.
everyone is waiting on the new shiny toys. New f150, escape, explorer, bronco and vans. That’s their top selling vehicles.

and NO ONE is buying sedans, even honda and Toyota are way down in 2019 in sedans.

Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think the vast majority of why ford was so short end of 2019 is due to all the new vehicles coming soon.
everyone is waiting on the new shiny toys. New f150, escape, explorer, bronco and vans. That’s their top selling vehicles.

and NO ONE is buying sedans, even honda and Toyota are way down in 2019 in sedans.
In the $$$ ballpark here are also a few fully electric pickups and SUV's coming online in the same time frame.

I'm pretty stoked. The next year is gonna be awesome.

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In the $$$ ballpark here are also a few fully electric pickups and SUV's coming online in the same time frame.

I'm pretty stoked. The next year is gonna be awesome.
The year (I hope) that's shows everyone who's daddy
Sponsored