First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Base
So 400lbs of gear makes the sasquatch package sit like a minivan? Or was the ford guy wrong. People seem to believe the badlands has the same suspension as the sasquatch but I cant find that anywhere actually published.

Evanks

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Base
2 door badlands loaded with gear on 33's looks like a sasquatch on 35's theres no way they share the same coil spring nor is the overland a true sasquatch just has the fender flares
Ford Bronco Bronco Overland Concept Revealed! With Live Debut Video & Pics From Super Celebration East ccessories-concept-trail-rig-concept-2-door-00-

Sponsored

Yedmod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why is that the best place on a topless vehicle? Serious question.
A CB antenna needs a good metal ‘ground plain’ to work properly. Plastic roof panels, no ground plain. I’ve messed around with CB antennas now for 50 years and a fender mount does work pretty well with the nearby metal hood and fender.
To expand on P.C's post:

The best location for an antenna is in the middle of the largest piece of flat metal available that is perpendicular to the antenna, beneath the base of the antenna, and as high as possible. This acts as the ground plane for the vertical wire and will give the best transmission and reception and the most uniform radiation pattern. Height helps because most common frequencies used (10 meter, CB, 2 meter, 70 centimeter, FRS and GMRS) are line of site frequencies, so the higher the antenna the farther the radio can "see". As an aside; radio output (wattage) at these frequencies is not very relevant. Because they are line of sight, the usual distances considering curvature of the earth and terrain is limited to (mostly) under 15 to 20 miles at best (in mobile applications). A 100 watt linear amp connected to a CB will send it's signal shooting off into space above the top of the intended reception antenna and be no more useful than the 4 watt standard signal at the same location sending it's signal on the same trajectory.

Anyhow, since mounting in the middle of the hood would be impractical, mounting on the top of a front fender near the hood is as good as you're going to get. This gives a large flat perpendicular metal surface below the base. It's not optimal and will skew the radiation pattern and make it somewhat directional, but will still be the best option. Mounting to the side of the vehicle, or bumper or spare tire carrier gives very little ground plane and transmission and reception will suffer.

Hope everyone stayed awake through that.:ROFLMAO:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 door badlands loaded with gear on 33's looks like a sasquatch on 35's theres no way they share the same coil spring nor is the overland a true sasquatch just has the fender flares
Ford Bronco Bronco Overland Concept Revealed! With Live Debut Video & Pics From Super Celebration East ccessories-concept-trail-rig-concept-2-door-00-
Okay dude. Ford marketing approved video made it up. Cool.

Evanks

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Base
Okay dude. Ford marketing approved video made it up. Cool.
bad info? poorly informed spokes person? What about that vehicle looks like a sasquatch fender to tire spacing?

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Really? People want to see the accessories...Ford wants to sell them.
Yeah, but start by impressing with base models... not a bunch of tents and fishing poles the majority are leaving off their Broncos. Since the beginning they have been running aftermarket lifts, wheels, tires, etc. show me what I’m getting in the base models. If you have to change every component in order to show the press and Impress people, you didn’t include enough in the base models.

Last edited:

bf4445

First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007LarietCC4x4, 2018FocusTit, 2016Jeep reneTH
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How much do I need to make the check for? ?
Just 1, then maybe 6 or so zeros after, everyone knows zeros
with the winch out front like that you add lots of weight magnified by the distance in fron of the axle. That coupled with the 2.7's extra weight that front end is gonna be stressed in the rough

Sponsored

Evanks

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Base

with the winch out front like that you add lots of weight magnified by the distance in fron of the axle. That coupled with the 2.7's extra weight that front end is gonna be stressed in the rough
That vehicle doesnt have the 2.7 its a manual.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
bad info? poorly informed spokes person? What about that vehicle looks like a sasquatch fender to tire spacing?
I agreed that you obviously know way more with your keen and discerning eye, than the Ford Bronco rep making an approved video who gave very specific and detailed info in a produced and scripted product video. (Even though you have never put on a winch, or researched how it effects stance based on its leverage position on a vehicle) What more do you want? You got it dude, like I said....

Evanks

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Base

My point is that vehicle has the same amount of weight on it and theres no way a badlands sits 2in higher than that it would look silly without weight. No way they have that terrible of a coil spring rate.

Evanks

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agreed that you obviously know way more with your keen and discerning eye, than the Ford Bronco rep making an approved video who gave very specific and detailed info in a produced and scripted product video. (Even though you have never put on a winch, or researched how it effects stance based on its leverage position on a vehicle) What more do you want? You got it dude, like I said....
I've literally built 6 different offroad vehicles ranging from a Wagoneer to a willys truck none of them made the front sit any lower than half an inch.

Evanks

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Base
badlands on 33s vs Sasquatch on 35s not even close to the same suspension even with the added weight.
Ford Bronco Bronco Overland Concept Revealed! With Live Debut Video & Pics From Super Celebration East Screenshot_20201007-222710
Ford Bronco Bronco Overland Concept Revealed! With Live Debut Video & Pics From Super Celebration East Screenshot_20201007-223153
Sponsored