First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So 400lbs of gear makes the sasquatch package sit like a minivan? Or was the ford guy wrong. People seem to believe the badlands has the same suspension as the sasquatch but I cant find that anywhere actually published.
Was from a Q&A w/a Ford engineer shortly after the reveal...was posted here on B6G, but it's buried in "white top" this, and "mansquatch" that etc. His specific comment was that the difference between Badlands and sasquatch suspension was that travel had to be limited so the 35s would not rub when articulating (worth noting he did not use the term "bumpstops", he said "travel limters"). He claimed the limiters reduced flex by 10mm...however did not explain where this was measured either. This made it sound like Badlands and Sasquatch has the same ride height...although he did not specifically say that...he said the "travel limiters" were the only difference between BL and squatch. W/ so many preproduction demos getting shown off...likely things are mixed up. I agree that on this overland concept rig the ride height looks completely wrong! I know when my mansquatch shows up I better be able to shove more than 3 slices of american cheese between the fender and the tire, winch or no winch!
Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
With bear spray and cojones, bears are no issue ?
Outdoorsmen should recognize the difference between black bear and grizzly bear poop. Black bear poop is smaller and contains a lot of berry seeds and squirrel fur. Grizzly bear poop has little bells in it and smells like pepper spray.

In all seriousness, several people were killed by bears up here this year. One in particular, they actually found his empty can of bear spray nearby.

Evanks

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Base
Was from a Q&A w/a Ford engineer shortly after the reveal...was posted here on B6G, but it's buried in "white top" this, and "mansquatch" that etc. His specific comment was that the difference between Badlands and sasquatch suspension was that travel had to be limited so the 35s would not rub when articulating (worth noting he did not use the term "bumpstops", he said "travel limters"). He claimed the limiters reduced flex by 10mm...however did not explain where this was measured either. This made it sound like Badlands and Sasquatch has the same ride height...although he did not specifically say that...he said the "travel limiters" were the only difference between BL and squatch. W/ so many preproduction demos getting shown off...likely things are mixed up. I agree that on this overland concept rig the ride height looks completely wrong! I know when my mansquatch shows up I better be able to shove more than 3 slices of american cheese between the fender and the tire, winch or no winch!
35s, 35s, 33s, 35s
Ford Bronco Bronco Overland Concept Revealed! With Live Debut Video & Pics From Super Celebration East Screenshot_20201007-223153
Ford Bronco Bronco Overland Concept Revealed! With Live Debut Video & Pics From Super Celebration East Screenshot_20201007-222909
Ford Bronco Bronco Overland Concept Revealed! With Live Debut Video & Pics From Super Celebration East Screenshot_20201007-222710
Ford Bronco Bronco Overland Concept Revealed! With Live Debut Video & Pics From Super Celebration East Screenshot_20201007-195942

Mr.Pike17

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 sante fe awd
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
what a beauty rig right there. id put the arb fridge on the opposite side so it can be pulled out while you cook. i'm also hoping for a "bat wing" awning option. no roof top tent for me, need the space for rod tubes for my one piece rods. and to beat the dead horse, give me green :p

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As I finish reading all these threads from today, all I can come away with is how far behind Ford really was when they introduced the Bronco during summer. They are literally still putting accessories, packages, colors, and options together. It's no wonder why the B&P isn't here. Had we gotten it back when they first said.....it would have been useless. They can't even get the press info together between themselves. They were not ready for us at all. The demand caught them with their pants around their ankles.

TriggerTX

First Name
Trigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
61 Ford T-Bird, Autozam AZ-1, Golf R, Suburban 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Can someone explain why they would mount the Ridged lights on the portion of the bumper that can be removed and not on the bolts adjacent to the winch. The only reason I can think of is they just won’t fit with the factory winch In that location.

A759A2D9-D1A7-49BC-9768-6C3168F6912C.jpeg
Clearance behind the light doesn't look like it'd fit more inboard. Also, out there it can be swiveled out for more coverage to the sides when on the trail. My old D-90 had corner lights that served kind of the same purpose. If you're on a tight trail it's nice being able to see around an upcoming corner in the dark. Cock the light 45° outboard and you're set.

Ocnorb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2-door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sure it's been said already...but those tires are too stuffed. Not enough lift.

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah, but start by impressing with base models... not a bunch of tents and fishing poles the majority are leaving on their Broncos. Since the beginning they have been running aftermarket lifts, wheels, tires, etc. show me what I’m getting in the base models. If you have to change every component in order to show the press and Impress people, you didn’t include enough in the base models.
That's a question I've been wanting to ask, but get lost reading these long interesting threads, talking about all kinds of other stuff.

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is this a floor mat? Can somebody ask? Cheap accessory upgrade for base buyers, but why did they put it in a badlands?

Ford Bronco Bronco Overland Concept Revealed! With Live Debut Video & Pics From Super Celebration East 55B59D2B-B3F7-4626-94B6-3CC87DD0236D

Sponsored

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
They're 35's. They're mentioned in the video.
Yep. I noticed that after watching the video. It was just the angle I was looking at and the longer wheelbase of the 4 door that made it look like 33s at first.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Outdoorsmen should recognize the difference between black bear and grizzly bear poop. Black bear poop is smaller and contains a lot of berry seeds and squirrel fur. Grizzly bear poop has little bells in it and smells like pepper spray.

In all seriousness, several people were killed by bears up here this year. One in particular, they actually found his empty can of bear spray nearby.
Alaska right? Chilling
Actually heard that grizzly bell joke first time while talking to a kind stranger in Yellowstone last month

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How easy is it to break down that tent and pack it up? Is the ladder integrated into it such that at some point you have put it away and each up there without its benefit?
It looked pretty easy to me. The hardest part for them was putting up the poles that pop the tent up. Only took them like 10 minutes max though from start to finish. The ladder looked like it just comes out fully and then collapses back together into one small piece.

One of the Ford people there told me that they are working with Yakima to develop several accessories specifically for the Bronco including this tent.

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

what a beauty rig right there. id put the arb fridge on the opposite side so it can be pulled out while you cook. i'm also hoping for a "bat wing" awning option. no roof top tent for me, need the space for rod tubes for my one piece rods. and to beat the dead horse, give me green :p
It would make sense to flip sides on the fridge setup, but the plug is located on the right. You could still set it up on the logical side, but the cord will have to track across the back to the plug port.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You know they had to use the 4 cylinder to make it look like it’s plenty big enough for this big rig!! by the way, I'm not on either side of that argument!! Lol
The likely reason they keep showing the 2.3 is that it comes with manual transmission. The cockpit looks way cooler with an actual stick shift instead of what looks like a roulette wheel spinner.
Sponsored