Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$700 hard top is fine with me I don’t need removable rear windows. If losing 4D windows and the first two row top section is not good enough then I don’t know what to say. I think the most I would be removing are the first row to be honest maybe first and second but I will always have the rear cabin roofing on
Same... Keeping the shell on the 2 door 99% of the time, but want the modular so I can pull the back glass as well.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
While removable side glass is a nice consolation prize, I was hoping for removable sections. Especially the rear glass. Oh well.

Here’s a couple screen captures for those totally lost on this.
5CB46DCE-CC0F-4AD5-8D80-E682C1A0B996.jpeg

D09AEBF8-A212-4A00-B5A1-7BB192BEB183.jpeg
Nice shiny black top.

Here's a clip of an article my dealer just sent me.

Also leaving little doubt about the intent of the Ford Bronco is the ability to customize its appearance. The 2021 Ford Bronco two-door features a standard three-section roof system and an available premium painted four-section modular roof. This innovative system makes taking the top off quick and easy, opening you up to the largest overall open-top view in class. The Bronco four-door is standard with a cloth soft top and available with a modular four-section hardtop — if you want both, Ford will let you option it so that you can change between the two at your leisure.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Reading this thread made me think of something... I don't care for the ability to remove the rear windows... but what about storage?

If I were to get the Modar... would it make for easier storage in the garage or would the rear section still be bulky..if not just a bit lighter because the windows would be out?

Never thought about where the hell I'm supposed to put the top if I take it off.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reading this thread made me think of something... I don't care for the ability to remove the rear windows... but what about storage?

If I were to get the Modar... would it make for easier storage in the garage or would the rear section still be bulky..if not just a bit lighter because the windows would be out?

Never thought about where the hell I'm supposed to put the top if I take it off.
The modular top is constructed from a heavier material than the MIC. Taking the windows out will help, but it's not necessarily going to be lighter than the MIC with the windows in.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The modular top is constructed from a heavier material than the MIC. Taking the windows out will help, but it's not necessarily going to be lighter than the MIC with the windows in.
Good to know. Chances are I'll probably never take off the back part. Doors and the front roof being off will be plenty.

Which reminds me... since the rear window doesn't roll down, when you start opening up the front half... how to you deal with all that air pressure? Do you have to lift the rear window and just let it point upwards will driving down the freeway? Seems like that would put a lot of pressure on those lifts.

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good to know. Chances are I'll probably never take off the back part. Doors and the front roof being off will be plenty.

Which reminds me... since the rear window doesn't roll down, when you start opening up the front half... how to you deal with all that air pressure? Do you have to lift the rear window and just let it point upwards will driving down the freeway? Seems like that would put a lot of pressure on those lifts.
My assumption is the rear glass is fine being driven at highway speeds operating in the open position.

it’s probably also fine to leave it closed.

if you drive with no doors, roof, and only the rear cap on there are plenty of paths for the air to escape. I don’t think it will make your bronco into a giant sail or parachute

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I've spent lots of time in a car with sunroof and front windows open and back windows up

It never pressurized the cabin to the point where I died

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Speaking from experience with a Jeep Wrangler.
You can leave the back on and not worry about “pressure” or it acting like a sail.
The pocket of air that is present within the rear portion will be ambient pressure and more or less still, and the air flowing around the front of the vehicle and windshield will be directed around it. No sail action. No increased pressure. Imagine driving with a sunroof and windows open in a standard car.

If you were to open the rear window, or remove the rear side windows of the modular top, that will create air flow *through* the rear section. (Bernoulli’s principal or something something.)

Short version: Don’t worry about it. It’ll be fine.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks all... good to know. I've had cars with a moonroof but never a SUV style with all that open area in the back acting like that parachute :)

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I read this entire thread and still can’t figure out the difference between the two. :/ Somebody help me. Lol. What is the exact difference between the MIC and modular hard tops specifically for the four door version.

Sponsored

Yolobaggins

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I read this entire thread and still can’t figure out the difference between the two. :/ Somebody help me. Lol. What is the exact difference between the MIC and modular hard tops specifically for the four door version.
I agree with this. I STILL don't know the difference

The only thing I can put together is one has 4 removeable pieces while the other has 3?

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with this. I STILL don't know the difference

The only thing I can put together is one has 4 removeable pieces while the other has 3?
Glad to see I am not the only one. Maybe they’re the same thing and people are just calling them different names to confuse the rest of us. lol.

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
To me, deciding will primarily be based on price. The modular sounds cool but I'd have to check on the price difference. Let me go take a look at build & pr - oh wait nvm

Yolobaggins

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Glad to see I am not the only one. Maybe they’re the same thing and people are just calling them different names to confuse the rest of us. lol.
You aren't alone. I feel dumb

See, apparently grey is only offered in the MIC but black is going to be the regular hard top.

What does that mean LOL
Sponsored