Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the write up!

Congrats to all of yinz that get to see the Bronco live and in person before the rest of us get that chance.
Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My wife has had a 09 Flex since new that has the fridge and has been thinking of replacing it with a low mileage 19. We have not seen one with the fridge yet!
It became a Canada-only option starting around 2017, but the mounting bracket and often wiring are still present. I pulled my fridge from a junkyard; mine was just that small blank cover between the seats.

I was actually browsing Carsoup last night because we were discussing the heated 40/40 seats... I cannot find a single 2019 that doesn't have bench seats.

Good thing they're virtually unchanged between 2013-2019, making parts swaps easy. AFAIK the only changes were paint colors, heated steering wheel in 2015, and Sync3 in 2016.

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

To the folks that were there

Did the MIC top match the fenders? Gray appear about the same?

In the photos of the area 51 bronco they appear to match. But my ability to tell different shades of colors can be poor sometimes.
I personally didn't think they matched.
Ford Bronco My thoughts (and details) from being at Bronco Super Cel East today 20201007_122804

20201007_122715.jpg

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I personally didn't think they matched.
Ford Bronco My thoughts (and details) from being at Bronco Super Cel East today 20201007_122715

Ford Bronco My thoughts (and details) from being at Bronco Super Cel East today 20201007_122715
The black wheels were a mistake for this display vehicle. It really makes the top stand out. They should have done wheels that matched closer to the top color.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for you research and report, especially on the tires and rack!

Sponsored

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great write up by the OP BUT once again no one bothered to asked about the wheel bolt pattern and the Sasquatch wheel offset. Or how about if the 2.7 will have a plactic oil pan on the Bronco?

I have mentioned these questions in other threads but I think members who attend these events just go gaga when they see they see a Bronco in real life and their brains shut off.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
We know the answer to both these questions.

6x5.5” bolt pattern
And
yes the 2.7 has a plastic oil pan.

Rovertbee

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Rubisquatch Thanks for the excellent write-up - really appreciate you sharing! Can't wait to get my Bronco!

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Amazing write up and info!

Now who wants to start an aftermarket business with me I got ideas out the whaazoo! ??

Also before y'all start taking out your colored parts and painting I'll be willing to drop ship my yellow pcs out of my Badlands for somebody's gray ones!! ?

CarolinaKristi

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sienna /Ford F150/ '67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

B6G I WAS THERE TODAY! I drove back from Alabama to Pittsburgh and HAD to re-route through Townsend, TN. My thoughts From seeing these live:

1. DAMN! Simply Amazing. The 2021 Bronco in real life is awe inspiring - and I own/ed 2 Rubicons. I actually was a nit picker on some items here on the forum but the pics do not do them justice and the pics are no comparison to seeing them live. The size, scale and detail is absolutely above expectations. Interior and exterior was way better than expected. The whole design team should be so proud - this rig will win awards. I Left there super excited and I cannot wait to get my Bronco and now I want my Bronco yesterday.

1a. A51 is going to be very popular when people see it, it’s really a great color on the big bronco. Me likey.. however probably mine will be oxford white (wife was there and she likes white or AMB)

2. Ford showed up very well. They had 2 Bronco Sports, the 4 door overland Bronco, 2 door trail Bronco and the blank chassis. They had sign up booths for info and many employees on hand to answer questions (granted some knew much more than others). Got some swag (2 awesome mugs, pic below).

3. I can’t say enouh how much the 4 door looks AMAZING! Everything is right on it. 2 door is good too, don’t get me wrong but I am so glad I’m getting a 4 door.

4. The grey MIC top actually looked perfect on A51. I was a person who in previous pics did not like it but I 1000% could live with this (on A51). I’d have to see it live on other colors but it looks great live and does seem darker in some views and lighter in others. But on that rig, it was GREAT. The grey MIC top almost feels like (hard) shark skin. It is not smooth-ish like Jeep MIC black tops. I doubt you could paint it without sanding - but don’t get me wrong, it totally worked on that Overland A51 rig.

5. Saw both the black leather (In the 2 door) and the black/dark ‘Marine grade’ vinyl In the overland 4 door. Both are actually VERY nice. I lean to the leather but that is simply a personal preference and could live with both and be very happy. The pics of the Overland reveal show the seats very well. I am excited to see the other colors but either will be amazing on your Bronco.

6. The washout floor looked great! Seems very functional and with any floor mat over it, would look very nice and not ‘too basic’. There are floor mat holders embedded into the floor to hold the mats Which is great.

7. The interior of both trucks (both Badlands) were perfect in my opinion. I really liked the lighter/cactus-ish great on top and bottom and the carbonized grey in the middle of the dash totally work.

8. The 2 door had the 8“ screen and the 4 door had the 12” screen. I really like the 12” screen better and will pay for the high to get it.

9. The orange trim color is not that bad. I was speaking to one of the engineers for Ford there and he kinda showed me how they come apart (by removing the Bronco screws) and if I wanted to change the color it would be easy to paint them. All the orange parts can be removed and painted. He was not sure if other colors would be made available in MY 2021 or not aside from the he orange/blue/grey we’ve heard about.

10. Two separate Ford people there told me (In separate discussions) there is no plan for a white or black MIC top in the near term - to me that meant MY 2021. Both said top options (to their knowledge) where grey MIC, black painted and body color painted on certain trims.

11. I asked about the 360/front camera and the engineer told me they are in discussions with Warn to redesign the existing/displayed winch to possibly A) move the solenoid or B have ford adjust (read relocate) the front camera so the winch does not obstruct viewing.

12. IMPORTANT - this may or may not be in the other Overland thread but the 4 door A51 Overalnd Bronco there today was NOT Sasquatche’d. This was a non-squatch Badlands and they simply added after market wheels and 35x12.5s to them. Again, this was not squatched. We then spoke about the difference and the engineer said the really difference is ”about an inch of extra height when squatched. he also said sqautching gives you more height but less articulation and non sqautch Badlands give you a finely bit less height and more articulation. He drove that overland this morning and said adding the 35s Did not rub in regular driving but might if taken off road ing. FYI - the tires on this 4 door A51 Bronco were 35x12.5s NOT 315/70s. These are not the stock tires. The blank chassis there did have squatch wheels with warm allow rings and had 315/70s. Do note how this rig appears to not have a lot of extra clearance above the tire before the flare. Lifting 2 inches or even a 1.5 leveling kit would make this look even better.

13. See edit... The above also means when viewing this rig it has non-sqautch flares As I was told this rig had regular flares. These flares looked totally fine and the 35s were dead even with edge of the flare and did not stick out past it. I am leaning to ordering the 33MTs with optional wheels and adding 35s/315s when I get it home from picking it up - and I feel good they won’t stick out and throw rocks.

EDIT - thanks to @Ksjrb03 who pointed out they may be even though I was told otherwise. in looking back now at pics, it appears I may have been told wrong info as I went back to my pics and in my pics the 4 door does appears to have wider flares but again, they specifically told me was non squatch flares, but they could have been wrong.

14. 4 door would look totally fine with 33s but I do like it a lot better with 35s or 315s. The 2 door looks great on 33s so going 35s there is a personal preference.

15. All the extra parts such as tailgate tables, slide out fridge looked great and I can see myself buying a lot of that. Real nice work by vendors and ford there.

16. The roof rack is a must have, and I’m not talking about the rooftop tent. The rack itself is sweet and I am getting it.

17. Both the optional black allow Badlands 33 bead.ock wheels and the Sasquatch wheels are great. I can’t decide which is better but both are must haves Over the regular badlands wheels, even though I have only seen CGI pics of the regular Badlands wheels.

18. The carbonized grey grill totally works on both Broncos and I never found myself thinking ‘theres too many greys going on here’. as with point 1 above, the colors work, even the MIC top (at least on this A51).

19. The Bronco sport is actually really nice. I think this will compete very well in the class.

20. cyber orange was there on a Bronco sport and in real life is kinda school bus yellow, it is nicer than the real school bus color But Sorry CO folks but as it was more yellow than orange.

I’ll add more as I remember but again - I was SOOO impressed and can not wait to get my Bronco! I have a ton of pics but they are similar to the other threads. But here is my Bronco swag...
Thank you for all the details! I was stressing about getting a white top on the A51 but the MIC grey really does look good here! Wish I could have blown off everything this week and made it to TN but having forum friends there is the next best thing! I hope my dealer sends me some of those fancy mugs:)

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The 3.5EB had a plastic oil pan and they switched it out for metal in 2018.

And Ford has not officially confirmed the wheel bolt pattern.

We know the answer to both these questions.

6x5.5” bolt pattern
And
yes the 2.7 has a plastic oil pan.

Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The black wheels were a mistake for this display vehicle. It really makes the top stand out. They should have done wheels that matched closer to the top color.
I don't think it looks bad at all... But they could of made it better! The fenders match the A-pillar. The top it's got more a silver/almost bronzey vibe which I dig actually. So the wheels should have been this frosted Magnesium colors. Legit been cool. Being a concept though def gives me cool ideas for my 2-door. I love those wheels and they come in a good looking bronze!

*Which that top makes me wonder if it's a one off color! Since it's a concept!
Ford Bronco My thoughts (and details) from being at Bronco Super Cel East today Screenshot_20201008-112814

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have a chance to talk with any of the engineers, could you see if there are going to be different tire and wheel packages for the different trims? I'm hopeful for 33's on trims below the Badlands.
absolutely...I'm actually curious on this as well.

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will be there tomorrow and hope I can touch the vinyl seats. Im on the fence about a Sasquatch Big Bend or just throwing 33s on a Black Diamond. I love the look of the vinyl seats but if they feel like vinyl in grandpas 1997 Chevy work truck thats a no go.
YES YES YES. If possible, can you get a picture of the leg space for the back seats of the 2 door as well?

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 3.5EB had a plastic oil pan and they switched it out for metal in 2018.

And Ford has not officially confirmed the wheel bolt pattern.
What's the point of asking questions if you don't believe anyone? I consolidated answers from all over the forum for you. We had measuring tapes at the event and a Ford guy already told us that the metal skid plates cover the plastic oil pan.