Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so if I were a betting man.
Just over 75” wide for “normal” trims
Just under 77” wide for “raptor” trim
If there really is a Bronco Raptor, its going to be a hell of a lot more than 2" wider than the regular version. The F150 and Ranger both add about 6" over their FX4 version.

Ford would have a hard time charging an extra $10k if the Raptor version is barely an improvement over the FX4.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
If there really is a Bronco Raptor, its going to be a hell of a lot more than 2" wider than the regular version. The F150 and Ranger both add about 6" over their FX4 version.

Ford would have a hard time charging an extra $10k if the Raptor version is barely an improvement over the FX4.
just looking at the spy shots the fenders don’t look THAT different

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
just looking at the spy shots the fenders don’t look THAT different
Then maybe we haven't seen the Raptor, assuming that name/trim is even coming.

Having only a marginal difference on the Bronco versus a 6" track width increase on both pickups would be odd.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base

Having only a marginal difference on the Bronco versus a 6" track width increase on both pickups would be odd.
but the base Wrangler vs Rubicon isnt that big of a difference.
even The base bronco is supposed to be off road capable. Where the base ranger and f150 are not

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Yeah, but we're talking about a much smaller vehicle.

ZR2 is 3 inches wider than a regular Colorado, and the capability is very much increased because of it. 6" wider would be yuge.

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

:eek:ntheloo:

D2C163E4-BAE2-424B-887E-78A2E8E0CF2E.gif

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wouldn't be so quick to assume that the prototypes we've seen so far were "Raptor" equivalents at all.
From what I know, the raptor program was under super tight wraps even internally. I very very very highly doubt anything we have seen so far is a raptor. I’d guess the 4 door small tire prototype was the base model, the 2 door prototype is the equivalent of an FX-4 package, and the 4 door is the tremor equivalent. (From my knowledge as well Bronco will not be using F-150 nomenclature)

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
even The base bronco is supposed to be off road capable. Where the base ranger and f150 are not
According to ... ? Sounds like imaginary rumors and fluff. No more meaningful than Galhotra's "not wimpy".

I assure you that Ford wants people to think base Rangers and F150s are off road capable too, it's just not the primary selling point or demographic ... and getting to the topic of off road capability not being the primary selling point or demographic ...

As for the low disparity in off road capability between base and kewl trim Wrangler, see "the dreaded topic" for why adding an inch to Bronco won't make **** all worth of difference.

Yeah, but we're talking about a much smaller vehicle.

ZR2 is 3 inches wider than a regular Colorado, and the capability is very much increased because of it. 6" wider would be yuge.
Do you think the difference between lame Colorado's and cool ones is as profound a difference between lame Ranger's and Ranger Raptors?

While the ZR2 is certainly a step above the average "off road package" which doesn't normally amount to much other than stickers, I don't think anyone other than GMs marketing team thinks it is a real competitor against a Raptor. That's the difference between 3" and 6" track width increase.

Not that even a 6" increase will get you to R prototype proportion, that hippo was about 18" wider.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
God bless the person off-roading this 2WD Ranger stock. I suggest they bring a friend with a winch.

Ford Bronco 2-Door 2021 Bronco Prototype Makes Grand First Appearance, Bombing Through Snow and Catching Air! 8CCDBEAC-D092-4896-A0D9-66FC65C042D7

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
God bless the person off-roading this 2WD Ranger stock. I suggest they bring a friend with a winch.

Ford Bronco 2-Door 2021 Bronco Prototype Makes Grand First Appearance, Bombing Through Snow and Catching Air! 8CCDBEAC-D092-4896-A0D9-66FC65C042D7
By most people's definition of off roading I'm sure it is more than enough.

The washboard / muddy /snow-covered road I drive on to go home in a 2wd car is more thrilling than what passes for "off road" by the masses.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's because solid axle... more track width isn't a requirement to get more articulation like it is with a IFS
Ford Bronco 2-Door 2021 Bronco Prototype Makes Grand First Appearance, Bombing Through Snow and Catching Air! the-here-we-go-again-meme-is-perfect-for-every-frustrating-s_kgv8_960
Sponsored